So after a couple of hours viewing you tube videos, reading the xsyon forums for new players, i decided to purchase the game, as the whole concept seems very interesting to me, so i logged in and started playing, even after all the info i read up on, tutorials and the like, i wandered around for 2 hours utterly lost. Everywhere i went i was "encroaching" on someones territory, when i finally did find a spot where there were no claimed territory, i spent the better part of the time picking up grass and making thread, then turning thread into string, and so on. after i had made enough string i made rope, and thats where i stopped. as i do not really understand what im supposed to do with any of this stuff. Im the type of player that likes a community to interact with on occasion and stick to solo play for the most part, and from what i read, going solo is totally possible, granted you have the time and patience, which i do, but i am still at a loss, as to what im supposed to do, i cant build a fire, as i dont have the tools or materials. I was a little bummed to realize i cannot make a tent/hut/etc unless im in a tribe? if i understand that correctly, correct me if im wrong.

I guess what im really getting at is, im feeling as though i wont accomplish anything if at all nothing as a solo player. Im not asking for it to be easy, or things being handed to me, id much rather work at it myself for the personal achievement factor, but i cant seem to grasp the learning curve.

Having said that, i really enjoy the atmosphere of the game, and global chat is friendly as far as ive seen, which is a nice change from the normal MMO.