Thread: Epic!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Epic!

We're busy working on the next patch, currently setting up a system to allow players to sell and rent buildings
    this is very good news and is one of the things I had always hoped for in xsyon, but didn't think it would be put into the game so soon.

Yeah, its freaking great.

I just recently re-joined but can someone explain why this is so great? I just don't see any practical use for it (right now) <-< , not saying it shouldn't be in.. just not seeing why it would be such a wanted feature by someone..

Right now, there is no way for players to have their own stuff inside of tribes. They cant really build without having access to build everything also, or tear down everything.

Allowing people to own/rent projects is a great step to allow people in a tribe to have their own things, and be secure from everyone else. It also leads the way for a lot of other options.

Ah so you mean everything in the tribe area is essentially owned by the tribe leader currently.

Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    Ah so you mean everything in the tribe area is essentially owned by the tribe leader currently.
    Yes the tribe leader has access, and owns everything. Plus they have 100% control. Which I dont think this will fully change, but its not only that its also other options. Like allowing people to do things in their buildings without doing it in the whole tribe area.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    this is very good news and is one of the things I had always hoped for in xsyon, but didn't think it would be put into the game so soon.
    So exactly how will this work? i.e. A Tribe leader puts up some buildings on tribe land and sells/rents the space to non tribe people? And then the person can do whatever inside the building space?

I have the following questions if this is the case:

- If the build space is sold then what happens to the building structure if the tribe leader disbands the tribe? i.e. does it become vulnerable?
    - Does the tribe leader still have any access rights to the building structure if it was sold (not rented)?
    - If the building is rented then how does the rent system work? i.e. how is rent collected? what happens if the person does not pay rent? Can we control the period of rental i.e. daily/weekly/monthly/yearly?
    - Can we use the structure as a spawn point if being rented as well as purchased?
    - Can you own/rent more than one building on more than one tribe location? If yes then when I die can I select which of the structure I want to respawn at?

Hmm can't think of any more at the moment but it sounds like an interesting system.