Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Back... but less vocal.

Here is what you can expect of me ( LaughingOak ) and my tribe Pawnee...

We will be traders and builders. Our plan is to become adept at advance building techniques and build some of the most interesting structures in the game.

We have no interest in PVP. Aside from hunting animals and defending against zombies, we are not interested in aggression, revenge, or conquest. We leave that to players that want that.

We have a pretty large area and are looking for more members of like mind. Our totem will not be decaying, ( sorry fatboy no pillaging here ) and we will continue to grow and expand.

We will not be vocal here on the forums. Too much whining and politics are already here and we don't feel the need to add to that. We do not care what other tribes politics are but reserve the right to chose who we trade with.

I personally plan on being more cautious than before and do not want to be involved in petty conflicts.

Welcome back Mac Hope you will enjoy the game now even more than before.

You should tell your people to stay out of our area and stop trying to grief -IS-.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    You should tell your people to stay out of our area and stop trying to grief -IS-.
    And so it begins... <grabs popcorn>

Welcome Back

Glad to see you back Mac!

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    This one is really pretty funny...

Description of Poisoning the Well

This sort of "reasoning" involves trying to discredit what a person might later claim by presenting unfavorable information (be it true or false) about the person. This "argument" has the following form:

Unfavorable information (be it true or false) about person A is presented.
    Therefore any claims person A makes will be false.

This sort of "reasoning" is obviously fallacious. The person making such an attack is hoping that the unfavorable information will bias listeners against the person in question and hence that they will reject any claims he might make. However, merely presenting unfavorable information about a person (even if it is true) hardly counts as evidence against the claims he/she might make. This is especially clear when Poisoning the Well is looked at as a form of ad Homimem in which the attack is made prior to the person even making the claim or claims.

Poisoning the Well is not, strictly speaking, a logical fallacy since it is not a type of argument. Rather, it is a logical boobytrap set by the poisoner to tempt the unwary audience into committing an ad hominem fallacy. As with all forms of the ad hominem, one should keep in mind that an argument can and must stand or fall on its own, regardless of who makes it.

So of the two members that are active in my tribe, both of which are non-aggressive and non-pvp what evidence do you provide that demonstrates conclusively that either of us has ever tried to grief anyone else?

Are you so threatened by two non-pvp players or the comments we may make that you feel it important to poison discussions before they even happen?

P.S. Before anyone thinks otherwise, I am simply responding to an obvious attack on Pawnee character, and would encourage any player to interact with us and see if we prove to be friendly, non-aggressive, and fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Mactavendish View Post
    P.S. Before anyone thinks otherwise, I am simply responding to an obvious attack on Pawnee character, and would encourage any player to interact with us and see if we prove to be friendly, non-aggressive, and fair.
    I will vouch for Mac - truly a fine player and a very nice man. Let's put an end to the viciousness of nefarious players and their ad hominem attacks against others playing Xsyon.

I challenge the other players to step up and also vouch for him. All in favor! Say Aye!

China

Xsyon Citizen
    While I have no interest in getting myself involved in the pointless discussion Mac and DDT usually entertain themselves with..

I do however (following China's lead in this) 'step up' so to say: Aye!

Welcome back MacT!

Aye! IMO, and based on my interactions with Oak, the Pawnee are among the friendliest, most honest, and non agressive characters in this world.

Hartley/Brees