Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I'm kind of surprised by the responses in this thread.

This is the apocalypse and it seems a number of players want their new world to be safe from other players. I think this is the same kind of thinking that brought us to this end in the first place. I want to exercise lawlessness in my new make believe world. If I want safety and boundaries, I'll stop playing and go outside to the real world.

Playing with virtual dolls and building extravagant doll houses all day long is fun, but only for a while. At some point I want to kill the other dolls, take their stuff and burn their houses down. Hell, I'm building mine with the idea of defense, that's part of the fun. Mind you, it shouldn't be easy. Balance can be had.

I'm subbed to this game with the firm understanding that it will simulate reality to the best of it's ability, including murder.

I really liked the OP's quote, but obviously I'm pvp oriented. But I also enjoy the pve and crafting. Alas, my perfect game...almost.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Why are you even playing this game if you dont find it fun? This game has always said it would be FFA PVP. Its never hid that.
    I agree on PVP but not a full PVP.
    Optional PVP is always a better game and attracts most of it's customers who would enjoy any type of play styles.
    Currently it is kind of optional mixed with forced and I think it is still possible to play for all type of players there are places where totems are far from each other but those are still in the wild, one could just log out if he think that hi is in danger and want be able to stand ground.
    They should keep it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    I agree on PVP but not a full PVP.
    Optional PVP is always a better game and attracts most of it's customers who would enjoy any type of play styles.
    Currently it is kind of optional mixed wi
    that hi is in danger and want be able to stand ground.
    They should keep it this way.

Why is optional better? Also you state it as a fact, when really its an opinion.

Currently it is optional mixed with potential forced. Right now no one even fights. There is no point to it. So you are upset about something that doesn't even happen.

Xsyon Citizen
    Why is optional better? Also you state it as a fact, when really its an opinion.

Currently it is optional mixed with potential forced. Right now no one even fights. There is no point to it. So you are upset about something that doesn't even happen.
    Because I see how game is developing based on what is happening to rules.

Because I see how game is developing based on what is happening to rules.
    Which is how? Also that doesnt explain the problem.

Xsyon Citizen
    Which is how? Also that doesnt explain the problem.
    Game is slowly transforms in to full PVP, or I may said it to softly, kind of picked up pace lately.

Game is slowly transforms in to full PVP, or I may said it to softly, kind of picked up pace lately.
    Its always been said it was FFA PVP. So what do you mean?

Right off the features page.

The world is open to free combat with the exception of tribe zones.
    Players can fully loot others players but can't take containers in use or special pre-order weapons.

Xsyon Citizen
    Its always been said it was FFA PVP. So what do you mean?
    People are confused by FFA PVP, that should say optional or forced instead.

And this is what keeps many people off this game. if it was optional? the other side which loves PVE, and for PVP as an option, not forced, would actually join.
    I bought this game because I wanted to see the features, and I can tell, this is a great game and would attract many players, if PVP was an optional.

FFA PVP = optional PVP.
    Forced PVP is not optional.
    FFA lets people to PVP any time by choosing an option of flagging.
    Forced PVP dose not give you a choice really, just may give you some limitations like safe area, that is what we have now, that is what drove so many people away.
    Don't be confused by FFA PVP, FFA PVP could have many different forms of rule sets, and one of those forms are options by flagging.
    If I understand what FFA means correctly? this is the meaning "Free For All" and dose not say forced, that means that you can flag for PVP any time and you don't have the limits of how long you can stay flagged or what rules of looting you could choose, that is FFA PVP.

Xsyon Citizen
    I think you don't know the meaning of 'FFA'. Which means FREE FOR ALL, there is no O which is optional in there. FFA PVP does not mean optional PVP. Seriously...

However, I do want to post to this as we are all of different mind and have different play styles. I do like the risks of PvP, I like playing games were I could be cutting down trees and the next minute looking up at someone looting my corpse for not watching over my shoulder. I think alot of people put to much value in items in the game and are to afraid of losing things. If I don't want to lose something I don't carry it around. In the 3 or so months that I have been playing I have never been attacked openly and I haven't really seen to many other players when i travel to other zones. I do agree with both sides on this argument though. I do like the idea of contested zones or areas on map with high risk high reward. Maybe buildings or sacrade areas that can be controlled by a tribe that will give rewards like +10 to scavanging or +10 to all stats while they hold it. If another tribe takes it they get the reward for set time.. maybe it can be on timers or whatever. Something for us PvPers to do.

Also I remember reading another idea someone had. A flag that is set at character creation that cannot be changed. You set it to either PvP or non-PvP.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by simple69 View Post
    I think you don't know the meaning of 'FFA'.
    1: Which means FREE FOR ALL, there is no O which is optional in there. FFA PVP does not mean optional PVP. Seriously...
    2: Also I remember reading another idea someone had. A flag that is set at character creation that cannot be changed. You set it to either PvP or non-PvP.
    1: Free means available to all not forced, available could have many forms.
    2: What happen if someone choose PVE at creation? and decide to PVP? can he make another character for PVP as well? that system is not good by design.
    And by the way what would PVPers say when they can't attack those people on the same server.
    That is why there should be two servers one for PVE with optional PVP, and one for hardcore PVP.
    That should keep both players happy.
    If you really like the danger? your own hardcore PVP server is a good thing not a bad one.
    And would keep PVEers in their own PVE with optional PVP server.