Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    "forced" and "optional" are really useless concepts to be pinning on FFA PVP. Like simple69 says it cant be optional if its free-for-all and it also cant be forced because you consented to free for all PVP when you bought the game. If you dont think you did that then you clearly made a mistake and dont belong here but trying to convince people that the game needs to change to fit your playstyle... like Ihve stated to you before and others have stated, that is bullshit.

There is not going to be a PVE server because you split one low server population into 2 tiny ones and the rules will only change with alignements, I noticed that through all these retarded discussions you havent once asked what alignements will mean for PVE and PVP, maybe you should learn more about what the devs have planned instead of being on the fence about changing stuff that has allready been impliemented or planned to be impliemented. Think you can manage that? no? Then get the hell out.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by banden View Post
    "forced" and "optional" are really useless concepts to be pinning on FFA PVP. Like simple69 says it cant be optional if its free-for-all and it also cant be forced because you consented to free for all PVP when you bought the game. If you dont think you did that then you clearly made a mistake and dont belong here but trying to convince people that the game needs to change to fit your playstyle... like Ihve stated to you before and others have stated, that is bullshit.

There is not going to be a PVE server because you split one low server population into 2 tiny ones and the rules will only change with alignements, I noticed that through all these retarded discussions you havent once asked what alignements will mean for PVE and PVP, maybe you should learn more about what the devs have planned instead of being on the fence about changing stuff that has allready been impliemented or planned to be impliemented. Think you can manage that? no? Then get the hell out.
    First of all!!! it became tiny with the change of limited safe ares, the server was populated heavily, and could of been at that level, if Xsyon kept their word of having two servers.
    Secondly!!! I am not trying to convince anyone to change Xsyon I am trying to convince to just add PVE server with optional PVP, that is all.
    After Xsyon do that? the population will grow back as it was if not more, as people will return to their homestead, because this game is awesome.

Optional PVP... lol

All the Gazelles would leave that option off for sure. I am in total agreement with the OP, the only problem I see is that Xsyon doesn't have any 'rare' resources. Unless your going to go chop down all their trees and force them to leave tribe to get materials.

znaiika, argueing with you is pointless, you have no freakin idea why all those people left. I dont care who you spoke to, unless you did a survey of 1000 people who left Xsyon and the majority stated the express reason, that it was FFA PVP, you dont know a thing. Add to the fact that it was allways advertised that it was going to be FFA PVP, if anyone left it was the PVPers who didnt like the safe zones, those were added in the beta. It would be pretty fucking stupid to buy a game that was advertised to be FFA PVP, if you dont like that. Dont you think?

Seriously, stop posting. If you cant deal with the fact that Xsyon is FFA PVP then dont play the game. It is that simple.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by banden View Post
    znaiika, argueing with you is pointless, you have no freakin idea why all those people left. I dont care who you spoke to, unless you did a survey of 1000 people who left Xsyon and the majority stated the express reason, that it was FFA PVP, you dont know a thing. Add to the fact that it was allways advertised that it was going to be FFA PVP, if anyone left it was the PVPers who didnt like the safe zones, those were added in the beta. It would be pretty fucking stupid to buy a game that was advertised to be FFA PVP, if you dont like that. Dont you think?

Seriously, stop posting. If you cant deal with the fact that Xsyon is FFA PVP then dont play the game. It is that simple.
    Are you willing to sacrifice over 80% of people who would play Xsyion? just to keep one server? because that is how many left Xsyon, and they left Xsyon mainly for forced PVP I hope you realize of what you're saying.
    And I don't understand why you afraid of having two servers?
    If you care to explain.

And I got it FFA = forced for all it's not free for all, based on your statements.

Xsyon Citizen
    I agree Banden he keeps trying to change the meaning of the word Free-For-All to suit his argument (which honestly he has not made a solid one yet). At this point in time there is no reason for 2 servers, the population of the game is so small that splitting it would only destroy this game completely. Right now the way the game is, it is MORE PvE friendly then anything else. With the state of the game we don't need more PvE content we need more PvP content. I don't get why all the PvE'rs are complaining so much. Its the PvP'rs that should be complaining and trying to create arguments to add more PvP friendly content.

Znaiika, you have been aurguing this for days now and I am sorry but I don't think you have played Xsyon enough to understand what you are asking. This is a small sandbox company and the cost alone to maintain another server let alone the low population AND the fact that it is still in a development stage all clearly make another server a very bad decision. Who knows, maybe someday when the game is more polished and there are lots of people they will add servers, and perhaps some PVE only servers. As for the PVP? Almost everyone in game spends the majority of their time in their safe zone crafting and building. That is what this game is in it's current state. So yes you CAN and DO have PVE only areas but there is really no typical PVE in the game currently (quests, raids, dungeon) so what else can people do? PVP if they choose to. So your whole argument is really pointless in every regard. You have made half as many posts in a couple weeks as I have in a couple years. Have you heard the saying "There's no use beating a dead horse" Give it up man, you lost this whole argument days ago! We don't need another "I'm always right no matter what anyone else says" poster here.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by simple69 View Post
    I agree Banden he keeps trying to change the meaning of the word Free-For-All to suit his argument (which honestly he has not made a solid one yet). At this point in time there is no reason for 2 servers, the population of the game is so small that splitting it would only destroy this game completely. Right now the way the game is, it is MORE PvE friendly then anything else. With the state of the game we don't need more PvE content we need more PvP content. I don't get why all the PvE'rs are complaining so much. Its the PvP'rs that should be complaining and trying to create arguments to add more PvP friendly content.
    Yehh, so attacking other players outside of tribe, full loot and now even containers are going to be looted outside of tribes, which was in fact stated on features that containers that are in use are supposed to be inaccessible for loot, are all PVE content?
    That is why so many people are escaping buying Xsyon not to invest in something that they don't have freedom of choice in.
    I don't know if Xsyon is willing to loose those players.

@ Willowhawk.
    If xsyon make this server as PVE with optional PVP? Xsyon will have much higher population that means more income, more options to develop faster.
    So many are willing to come back and there are many who left this game due to PVP drama mainly, they all understand the development of this game, and that this game is not done yet, that wasn't a cause for mass exit, the PVP drama is.

I've come to a conclusion.

A PvP player gets killed, he respawns regears and heads out again.

A PvE player gets killed, he respawns logs onto forums and bitches how the game shouldn't be FFA.

Willowhawk is correct. PvP players do not complain enough.

A second server was never "promised" it was only stated that this would be looked into as an option. After Jordi spoke to the community it was decided that this was not a feasible option. The server population was far too low to even consider it.

As for people leaving the game over the last year, our tribe itself had 20+ member leave the game, all for the same reason, there was not enough content to keep us active. Once you achieved 100 in your skill, or multiple skills, what was the point of continuing? There was little to no conflict, and no reason to trade as a small tribe can acquire everything, along with promised features that were never implemented within a reasonable amount of time. IE tree regrowth (thank god this one at least is active now, and yet people still bitch and whine about trees, go figure), Cooking, animal taming, quality of goods that actually matter, improved animal AI ( most animals still act like epileptic helmet wearing window lickers), and many more. We keep in contact with most of our tribe that packed up and left, who have stated that they will return, once there is a reason and a purpose to do so.

Fact is, with any game, it WILL die if there is no reason for conflict, so your reasoning for wanting a PVE only server is bullshit, it will last a month, maybe two, before there is just no one around. PVP content fuels the economy, because PVP'ers dont want to craft, they just want to buy your crafted goods, which gives crafters a reason and a purpose to continue their crafting, which gives PVP'ers a reason and a purpose to do what they enjoy. Why should it matter if that creature thats hunting you down is another player character, or a big ass bear? Its a never ending cycle that is necessary to keep a game of this genre afloat. Take for example ATITD, purely crafting game, no conflict. They have to completely reset their game every 5-6 months with a "new" version so that the players have something to do. I use the term NEW lightly as its just the same old crap, they just basically wipe the world every time. Is that what you want? A Xsyon that is wiped every 6 months... how many people you think are going to stick around when they have to completely rebuild months worth of work, only to know that just around the corner they'll have to do it again.

Sounds to me like youre really only complaining, not about the PVP factor, but that all your stuff all over the world cannot be protected at all times. Its pretty simple, keep your shit locked up in your house, not laying on the neighbors lawn and it'll be protected. If its rare or valuable, your chances of getting it home safely are pretty damn high, as the game world is very large, and the chance that you might actually run into another person out there that will be a threat is very very low. Even during launch, at high peak, with thousands of people online, i could run around the world and maybe see a handful of other players, 90% of which are carebear crafters just like you, that have no intention of engaging in PVP content, and you know what, we all got along just fine.

So get off your whiney little soapbox, no ones going to change the game just because you have nothing better to do with your time than complain on the forums all day. Either get back in game, and craft your silly stuff, or STFU and go somewhere else. I hear ATITD and Minecraft are looking for new players....

Move along people, nothing to see here, nothing to see here...