Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    "in use" = on your person. You have 5 slots for pouches and a backpack/bin.

If you drop it, its not in use. Also if you have the basket open would be considered "in use"
    So if you kill a player you cannot loot the baskets/bins he was carrying on himself ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    So if you kill a player you cannot loot the baskets/bins he was carrying on himself ?
    Go read the features.
    "Players can fully loot others players but can't take containers in use or special pre-order weapons."

They are talking about taking the baskets not looting the items inside.

Common Misconception

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    So time to earn your foward mounted eyes and be a preditor and not a prey. After all prey have their eyes on the sides of their heads so they can see infront and behind.
    Sorry to correct this Hodo, but I hate to see bad facts. This is a common misconception. Grazers have their eyes on the side of their heads so they can see what is chasing them and not all carnivores have forward facing eyes. Examples are most fish, Sharks, Reptiles and Amphibians because these too need to see around them.

Primates (and Humans) however have eyes in front because they have opposable thumbs which they use to climb trees to safety and they need eyes in front to see what they are climbing. If a primate (or human) tried to run from a predator they become lunch so they climb for safety. By the same token if a human tried to run down an animal to kill it he can't. Not until tools and weapons did we become predators. Imagine a person running down a animal, taking it down, rending the flesh from it's bones with their teeth and then eating the meat raw. That is what predators (carnivores) do. Humans did not become predators (Killers) until they learned to make tools and weapons. Before tools and weapons, we too were prey.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    Sorry to correct this Hodo, but I hate to see bad facts. This is a common misconception. Grazers have their eyes on the side of their heads so they can see what is chasing them and not all carnivores have forward facing eyes. Examples are most fish, Sharks, Reptiles and Amphibians because these too need to see around them.

Primates (and Humans) however have eyes in front because they have opposable thumbs which they use to climb trees to safety and they need eyes in front to see what they are climbing. If a primate (or human) tried to run from a predator they become lunch so they climb for safety. By the same token if a human tried to run down an animal to kill it he can't. Not until tools and weapons did we become predators. Imagine a person running down a animal, taking it down, rending the flesh from it's bones with their teeth and then eating the meat raw. That is what predators (carnivores) do. Humans did not become predators (Killers) until they learned to make tools and weapons. Before tools and weapons, we too were prey.
    Land based animals and creatures that use sight in hunting. And sorry but fish dont use sight as a primary hunting technique. And before tools we were still predators, but there is always something higher on the food chain.

But you are right it is a common misconception.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    "in use" = on your person. You have 5 slots for pouches and a backpack/bin.

If you drop it, its not in use. Also if you have the basket open would be considered "in use"
    And what dose that post mean in "lost interest in this game thread"?
    You stated in post 23, ""Yes your baskets are lootable if you die."" what dose this mean?

I understand this "Players can fully loot others players but can't take containers in use or special pre-order weapons." as follows, whatever container I have equipped no one can take them or loot them, if you have pre-order item equipped in your hand other players can't take those as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    Land based animals and creatures that use sight in hunting. And sorry but fish dont use sight as a primary hunting technique. And before tools we were still predators, but there is always something higher on the food chain.

But you are right it is a common misconception.
    Well the first sentence isn't even a sentence so I have no idea what that means. And Fish do primarily use sight to hunt. Hence flashy lures. Ever troll and get a huge hit? No that fish didn't smell my metal lure or my rubber worm it saw flashy fast going by. Yes SOME fish hunt by smell, but very few. And if humans were predators before we had developed intellectually enough to make weapons, how did they catch and kill prey? We were omnivore but only because we would eat bugs and some carrion. For the most part we ate like primates. Yes we have evolved into killers, but by nature we did not start that way.

Anyway my original reason for posting was to clarify that our forward facing eyes are not because we are predators but because we have a thumb to grab things with.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    Well the first sentence isn't even a sentence so I have no idea what that means. And Fish do primarily use sight to hunt. Hence flashy lures. Ever troll and get a huge hit? No that fish didn't smell my metal lure or my rubber worm it saw flashy fast going by. Yes SOME fish hunt by smell, but very few. And if humans were predators before we had developed intellectually enough to make weapons, how did they catch and kill prey? We were omnivore but only because we would eat bugs and some carrion. For the most part we ate like primates. Yes we have evolved into killers, but by nature we did not start that way.

Anyway my original reason for posting was to clarify that our forward facing eyes are not because we are predators but because we have a thumb to grab things with.
    Sorry I shouldnt post while on my Kindle, and multi-tasking.