Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crashing

Crashing

Just want to report that the game is freezing for me after approximately 20 mins of play. I am not doing anything specific when it happens, sometimes crafting, sometimes gathering. I have to shut it down and restart it again. I am running windows 7 :P

Re:Crashing

Just timed it, exactly 20 mins

What happens when you crash? Does the game freeze completely? Or do you just lose connection and are unable to do anything? Are you timed out? Do you get a crash error message? Are you in windowed or fullscreen mode? Can you reproduce this in both?

Please email me with as much information possible to bugs@notorious-games.com.

OK it freezes completely and i cant do anything. It doesnt lose connection or time out. I dont get a crash error message. Windows just says that the game is not responding. I play in windowed mode and i havent yet played in full screen. I will try that in a bit (after supper :laugh: )

And I just realised that I should have emailed that in. DOH!

Sabina, could you do a test run for me, just run the game for 20 minutes without doing anything and see if the game freezes up?

I'm monitoring the server so hopefully I can see what's going wrong.

SOrry was AFK will do it now

sounds like a video memory leak. eventually it dumps everything out of ram and you lock up. Happened in AoC for me because I had just built a new rig for the game and AoC developers didnt realize the 8800GTX addressed the ram differently. I had to run a command every 15 mins in beta to dump and refresh the vram or Id lock up.

OK well I am going to give this new patch a go and see if I am stil crashing after 20 minutes

OK its been over 20 minutes and I am going good so far. Just a couple of questions now.
    How long is the day/night cycle?
    Will we have an option in game to see what time of day/night it is?
    Oh and I just scavenged a golf club, are there any golf courses nearby? :silly: