Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dlld View Post
    I loled

Anyway

As for alchemy, sounds good.
    I didnt say that it was perfect.
    The "lol" was based on your comment that US dollars are based on gold ...

>This, along with the fiscal strain of federal expenditures for the Vietnam War and persistent balance of payments deficits, >led President Richard Nixon to end the direct convertibility of the dollar to gold on August 15, 1971 ...

->see -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_standard

Anyhow, alchemy is a good idea!

Xet it would help to set skill max., allowing each player to either focus on 1-2 high skills or be able to reach medium levels in all skills ... so the "high level" artifacts would be limited to crafters that focus on specific skills - trade within a tribe and across regions would become a the natural side effect (for specific "high end" goods), probably also true for "high end" products that are needed in other skills (like "leather-type-stuff-thingies" for tool/weapon/wraincrafting) ...

AFAIK: Jordy has planned for that (skill max) to come - so we will see how it all works out...

BTW: anyone wants to trade 10k bricks
    - Incoterm: EXW / ex works - meaning you have to come and transport the bricks home :P

Quote Originally Posted by tomduril View Post
    The "lol" was based on your comment that US dollars are based on gold ...

>This, along with the fiscal strain of federal expenditures for the Vietnam War and persistent balance of payments deficits, >led President Richard Nixon to end the direct convertibility of the dollar to gold on August 15, 1971 ...

->see -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_standard
    I should have said, WAS, so there is no room for people who can sit on ice cream and tell me the flavor without ever tasting it with the muscle in their mouth.

Xsyon Citizen
    In order for economy to work effectively? you need global market and mail systems.
    For rare resources:
    There are supposed to be a few places with high chance of gathering rares, after placing mine of coarse.
    Mine should be hard to build. But first you have to find that place first.
    Also rare metals should be in rocks but with a fewer chance to find them, even less chance then crystals.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    In order for economy to work effectively? you need global market and mail systems.
    For rare resources:
    There are supposed to be a few places with high chance of gathering rares, after placing mine of coarse.
    Mine should be hard to build. But first you have to find that place first.
    Also rare metals should be in rocks but with a fewer chance to find them, even less chance then crystals.

In order for economy to work you need a mail system? You have to be joking right? Do you have anything to support this?

Xsyon Citizen
    In fact I have.
    The mail system could be funded by tribes, and when someone buys something of a market place he should pay a fee, fee would be in any sort of payment until there will be one solid currency agreed upon all tribes, also fee could be set based on zones, further away higher fee.
    Tribes must place mail huts, and whoever own it collects fees and must upkeep those huts, think of it as investment.
    That will ease on trading and tribes could benefit from it as well.

In fact I have.
    The mail system could be funded by tribes, and when someone buys something of a market place he should pay a fee, fee would be in any sort of payment until there will be one solid currency agreed upon all tribes, also fee could be set based on zones, further away higher fee.
    Tribes must place mail huts, and whoever own it collects fees and must upkeep those huts, think of it as investment.
    That will ease on trading and tribes could benefit from it as well.

This would kill regional trading. Also what if I can show you other economies that do not have a magic mail system? Would then the word "need" be removed for "I want"?

Right now you are confusing your opinion of what you want but not what is needed.

Local trading, transporting goods, and traveling sales are all good parts of a great economy. Using a mail system that magically moves items from 1 spot to another would mess up these trading.

This game isnt like WOW, where there is an auction house, duel only for pvp, factions for sides, and pre-made buildings.
    This is a sandbox MMO. Saying that a mail system is required for an economy to work is a lie, and just your want.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    This would kill regional trading. Also what if I can show you other economies that do not have a magic mail system? Would then the word "need" be removed for "I want"?
    What would you loose if we have a mail system? You would have access to more customers to trade with, not just in nearby region, running across the map is the pain, the mail system should ease it, the item should not be magically delivered instantly, would depends how far you buying it from.
    It's not what I want it's what everyone would use.

What would you loose if we have a mail system? You would have access to more customers to trade with, not just in nearby region, running across the map is the pain, the mail system should ease it, the item should not be magically delivered instantly, would depends how far you buying it from.
    It's not what I want it's what everyone would use.
    Player interaction. Thats what you lose with an auction house and a mail system. We dont need this stuff in this game, an MMORPG is supposed to thrive on player interaction and so many games have features that have adverse effects on player interaction. Its not good gamedesign, its the easy way out.

From your suggestions its easy to see that you have no clue what makes an economy actually work. These are features that make trading easier, it has very little to do with actual economy. What actually needs to happen instead of auction houses and mail system, is whats allready been planned: mounts make it easier and faster to travel and carts makes it easier to move a lot of stuff around. The end.

I always view eve as the best player run economy for better or worse. I think best place to start is adding In some haulers (horses and carts) and player owned vendors to start. After that we would need more things to trade. Xsyon I think is starting to move in tHe right direction just slowly.

Also forgot to add they really need to start adding in something that consumes resources. Other wise we will just continue to stockpile everything. Good help us when totem decay comes in there is going to be another flood of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by methodical13 View Post
    I always view eve as the best player run economy for better or worse. I think best place to start is adding In some haulers (horses and carts) and player owned vendors to start. After that we would need more things to trade. Xsyon I think is starting to move in tHe right direction just slowly.

Also forgot to add they really need to start adding in something that consumes resources. Other wise we will just continue to stockpile everything. Good help us when totem decay comes in there is going to be another flood of resources.

I dont know who you are, but 100% agree. Sounds like you know what you are talking about.

They have added in carts. They help a good deal now, however, still more is needed.

I was hoping that Xsyon would do this resources idea.
    http://www.xsyon.com/forum/showthrea...ey-should-work.

A lot of people were up for the idea but didnt seem to make it into the changes. I think this can really help the Xsyon economy.