Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by methodical13 View Post
    I always view eve as the best player run economy for better or worse. I think best place to start is adding In some haulers (horses and carts) and player owned vendors to start. After that we would need more things to trade. Xsyon I think is starting to move in tHe right direction just slowly.

Also forgot to add they really need to start adding in something that consumes resources. Other wise we will just continue to stockpile everything. Good help us when totem decay comes in there is going to be another flood of resources.
    Well, item decay is allready in there. That is planned to be a huge resource sink, basicly everything will decay. Structures, bins, wood logs, everything. There is also the idea that totems should require upkeep in the form of various resources. All in all I think its easy to find sinks for resources that arent based on NPCs. Also dont forget that a lot of those resources are from before the stats was added to the game, so for many purposes they will be useless.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by banden View Post
    Player interaction. Thats what you lose with an auction house and a mail system. We dont need this stuff in this game, an MMORPG is supposed to thrive on player interaction and so many games have features that have adverse effects on player interaction. Its not good gamedesign, its the easy way out.

From your suggestions its easy to see that you have no clue what makes an economy actually work. These are features that make trading easier, it has very little to do with actual economy. What actually needs to happen instead of auction houses and mail system, is whats allready been planned: mounts make it easier and faster to travel and carts makes it easier to move a lot of stuff around. The end.
    I guess I will tell you in future "I tolled you so" but for now I am going to let this one go, not worth time to argue.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    I guess I will tell you in future "I tolled you so" but for now I am going to let this one go, not worth time to argue.
    Haha, thats quite an amusing thought, but that will be the day. Its also funny that when someone posts a well reasoned arguement that flushes your point of wiew down the drain you simply say that its not worth your time to argue. If its not worth your time to argue, then dont post.

The devs will go with a trading feature that encorages interaction because thats the kind of game they want. This post is about economy though, there is a thread about what kind of trading feature they want to impliment, you should check it out instead of going off topic in this thread.

I posted this a while back (I guess noone saw it)...

http://www.xsyon.com/forum/project.php?issueid=1408