New Player, like to solo a lot, suggestions?

Hey guys, I bought the game at release but the state of the game was just too bad for me to play back then. I decided to give it another try now and am looking for suggestions/help. I like to try and be self sufficient, so I would like to start out being able to do a lot on my own. I don't mind joining a tribe though. That being said, how should I make my character? If I remember correctly, I have to start with basketry if I ever want to make baskets in the game, so Im pretty much stuck with that to begin with, but what about my stats? Thanks for the information guys!

Quote Originally Posted by computerjd View Post
    Hey guys, I bought the game at release but the state of the game was just too bad for me to play back then. I decided to give it another try now and am looking for suggestions/help. I like to try and be self sufficient, so I would like to start out being able to do a lot on my own. I don't mind joining a tribe though. That being said, how should I make my character? If I remember correctly, I have to start with basketry if I ever want to make baskets in the game, so Im pretty much stuck with that to begin with, but what about my stats? Thanks for the information guys!

You dont have to start with basketry to make baskets anymore. At 25 you auto learn it, plus you can scav recipes.

The starting skills you choose matter almost nothing, they give you a jump into that skill but you can learn all the skills in the game.

I would read the manual page 9 for tips on your stats. Stats effect whatever you are doing. IE if you are a tailor, INT/DEX will be your main stats. Higher you have those stats, more recipes total you can learn, better bonuses you get on items you make, and higher QL, with less chance to fail and faster skill gains.

If you are going to be a crafter, I would say get 90 dex for sure. It has a TON of crafting to that stat.

Thanks for the info, I went with Dex and Int. Any tribes willing to help a new player get oriented?

Click on my sig, read what we are about. We are set up to help new players.

Hey computerjd,
    I'm solo and just starting out myself and like to be self sufficient. I'm finding that tool crafting seems to be key for such a role. Need quality tools to make quality stuff.