Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    It depends on who do you call a PvPer. If the ones who wanted no safe zones but open PvP everywhere and unavoidable tribal wars, then you are wrong...they have always been the minority. I've been here from day 1, just like you ( well even longer because you left for like 5-6 months during beta) and every poll made by players or devs showed that about 2/3 of the playerbase supported safe zones and wanted them to stay in game and wanted optional tribal wars. You can't base anything on posts and chats, the majority is always quiet. Like 80% of my former tribe ( and you know it was a big one and mostly PvEers) never ever posted on the forum or talked on public chat.

If you call a player who likes optional PvP a PvPer ,then you are right.
    I do believe no one wants a pure PvE server, much better a one with optional PvP, its just easier and shorter to call it a PvE server. Since if its optional, it servers as a PvE server for PvE players, but still gives the opportunity to have a thrill when they wish so.

I call PVPer, anyone that wants to PVP.
    Its pretty simple term. To break things out of that term is your opinion. You can range all thorough the spectrum of who wants what, and I would down that even 5% agree with each other.

Optional is relative. Again you can ask 100 people and you likely wont get the same answer for 5% of the people.

Very very few people think there should be zero safe zones. I would say that MOST people think there should be some type of balance. Where that balance is the major question.

Znaiika, I want people to have the choice they want to play. My opinion is that there should be some areas that are safe. There should be less safe areas that yield slightly better rewards, and then there should be very unsafe areas yielding high rewards.

Being safe doesnt only mean no pvp, it means limited PVE. Being unsafe doesnt have to mean PVP, it could mean harder NPC's.

Jadzia, what do you call people that dont want forced PVE that like to PVE?

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Znaiika, I want people to have the choice they want to play. My opinion is that there should be some areas that are safe. There should be less safe areas that yield slightly better rewards, and then there should be very unsafe areas yielding high rewards.
    With optional PVP and tribal war you get to choose options to a full loot or not, that is the well rewarded high risk for both sides, same go for one on one dueling or group on group, no need to make every corner of Xyon PVP forced.
    Trust me, when the whole Xsyon world is safe to travel from town to town to trade or to meet with friends or gathering resources? a lot of people will join this game.
    You can even build your own arena to make contests, and that dose not scare people of who don't like adrenalin rush from PVP or never took a chance to try it.

Jadzia, what do you call people that dont want forced PVE that like to PVE?
    Non-combat oriented players.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    With optional PVP and tribal war you get to choose options to a full loot or not, that is the well rewarded high risk for both sides, same go for one on one dueling or group on group, no need to make every corner of Xyon PVP forced.
    Trust me, when the whole Xsyon world is safe to travel from town to town to trade or to meet with friends or gathering resources? a lot of people will join this game.
    You can even build your own arena to make contests, and that dose not scare people of who don't like adrenalin rush from PVP or never took a chance to try it.
    Its already safe by proxy. See the thing is you dont know the game because you are new to it.
    People are so safe right now no one even PVPs.

You cant even loot baskets. So your thoughts are wrong. Sure maybe people "can" pvp but they dont, there isnt anyone playing your safe version. Why do you think that is?

Jadzia but they like PVE. PVE = Combat. So how do you figure they are non combat oriented? Your own versions of the words dont even make sense.

PVPers like to PVP.
    PVEers like to PVE.

Once you start breaking out of that, you are putting your own opinions into it.

If a players doesn't like forced PvP and doesn't like forced PvE either, that means he likes to spend his time ingame with something else, and although he likes PvE when he feels like that, he doesn't want to do that all the time. He wants to fish without being disturbed by monsters, or terraform without being irritated by animals. So yes, although this type of player likes to PvE sometimes, and even likes to PvP sometimes, his main interest in the game is not combat. Other ingame activities means more fun for him, that's why he is not combat oriented.

It's like watching TV or reading. If a person loves to read and that's his main source of entertainment, that doesn't mean he doesn't like to watch TV sometimes when there is a good film on the air. He likes watching TV, but only when he feels like.

Actually I don't like ANYTHING being forced on me in a game. Not even my favourite activity. I like to decide myself what I want to do. That's what I'm looking for in a sandbox game: freedom and choices.

By your definition I'm a PvP player as well, since I like to duel with my friends. It's ok if you want to call me that, the only problem that its hard to talk about different type of players this way, if you open up one category this wide. According to you both of us are PvPers, still we like very different games.

Xsyon Citizen
    People are so safe right now no one even PVPs.

You cant even loot baskets.
    If it stay this way and containers stay under permitions even outside of tribes? I wouldn't have complained.
    And I know many players are scared to go out, being a solo player they afraid that some one would jump them.
    I'd like to PVP myself one day as well, but not with this combat, I'd like combat that is similar to Scyrim, more responsive, I cant even bind middle mouth to block.

Whatever the direction Xsyon takes is one that I will support, adapt to, and enjoy playing. I enjoy PVP as much as PVE, and finding a balance does present a challenge for games like this, especially if they want to keep a versatile crowd. My main concern when it comes to FFA PVP is constantly having to deal with some of the asshats that always gravitate to such games. Some of you bring up good points both ways that should be taken into consideration. Others, I wonder if they even knew what they were getting into when deciding to play Xsyon.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    And I know many players are scared to go out
    O rly? Lol, I just had to comment on this, so thats something you know eh? Been asking a lot of people if they are scared to go out have you?

I am scared to leave my totem.... but thats because those marmount things are MEAN!!!!!!

And I have to ridge back bears around the area.

But I am looking forward to this patch, and the shinanigans it will bring.