Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    "trial" for members that already bought an account could work

I'm in the USA and our Sub is $15 a month. I'm not rich by any means, But $15 is not a lot to pay for a month of playing. So I'm not getting what the big deal is, If you own a copy of Xsyon already. How is $15 (or what ever it is for you) holding you back? I can half way understand if you have never played the game and your looking at, What?, $40usd.

What keeps popping up in my mind, If your having this much of a problem paying $15, How is the next $15 going to come any easier? If $15 is the barrier that is keeping some people out of the game, I don't see how they will ever be able to play Xsyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    They want to do free trails Hawk but the problem is you would have tons of players coming in terraform everything in sight then quitting. We already have 100s of abandoned ugly terraformed sites. Which is why the totem decay system is coming in soon. It's easy with other games were everything is cookie cutter. It doesn't matter who comes in nothing changes. I can't see any good way to offer a trail except to have a separate trail server and everything would get soooooo fugly in no time at all LOL. Oh I guess they could keep resetting a trail server
    Understandable, but you can limit trail accounts to be able to do everything except terraforming

Quote Originally Posted by Hawks282 View Post
    Understandable, but you can limit trail accounts to be able to do everything except terraforming
    What about attacking and looting other players?
    What about planting trees? Or cutting trees?
    What about dropping baskets?

All these things cause issues for the players around them.
    A lot of this game is terraforming also BTW.

You know i have thought about this game and how it could be switched over to a free to play model and here is some of what i have come up with..

1. Skill level cap - I guess this would have to be no lower then 25 as you would get some skills to that level on character creation.

2. No Totem - As a F2P you would not be able to have your own tribe so your only means of playing is either join a tribe of a P2P member, rent a spot with the new real estate system or be a nomad roaming the lands.
    a. This would solve the terraforming and mass totem problems that would come from F2P model
    b. If a P2P player laps in payment/subscription he would revert to F2P and his tribe would start decaying as if he had left the game.
    3. Carts/Mounts - Restrict them from using carts and maybe mounts when and if they come out?

Once you revert from P2P to F2P your skills would be capped again but as soon as you pay they would go back to where they were before. As far as the trees and baskets go we can plant more trees and baskets will be full loot soon so that's not a problem..IMO

I think this would bring in tons more people and if the developers were worried about that $40 for the game then maybe have it so you have to buy a totem or something to make up the difference..IDK One thing for sure in this day and age the F2P model is what seams to be working the best. Just look at all the games that are switching over and are thriving now with the F2P model.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegan View Post
    You know i have thought about this game and how it could be switched over to a free to play model and here is some of what i have come up with..

1. Skill level cap - I guess this would have to be no lower then 25 as you would get some skills to that level on character creation.

2. No Totem - As a F2P you would not be able to have your own tribe so your only means of playing is either join a tribe of a P2P member, rent a spot with the new real estate system or be a nomad roaming the lands.
    a. This would solve the terraforming and mass totem problems that would come from F2P model
    b. If a P2P player laps in payment/subscription he would revert to F2P and his tribe would start decaying as if he had left the game.
    3. Carts/Mounts - Restrict them from using carts and maybe mounts when and if they come out?

Once you revert from P2P to F2P your skills would be capped again but as soon as you pay they would go back to where they were before. As far as the trees and baskets go we can plant more trees and baskets will be full loot soon so that's not a problem..IMO

I think this would bring in tons more people and if the developers were worried about that $40 for the game then maybe have it so you have to buy a totem or something to make up the difference..IDK One thing for sure in this day and age the F2P model is what seams to be working the best. Just look at all the games that are switching over and are thriving now with the F2P model.
    I think the key is getting the game to this stage. Along with other things.
    Combat needs a lot of work, AI needs work, Balancing in many aspects need work.

I dont think the devs want a ton of people in the game, they have said this before already. Adding a ton of players that are not paying but still need support and use other aspects of the game causes them to put out other monies and efforts in that area.

You remove totems, from F2P and I promise you, they will quit in a day or 2, and call this game crap. That will not solve any problems only make problems.

Once the game is more filled with the features that the devs have been planning, Im all for a F2P type of game. But right now it just doesnt make sense. People want F2P because they dont want to spend money to check it out, they wont be staying longer than a week anyways.

actually, alot of games that have switched to F2P models dont support F2P players, only those who micropay for that service, or are P2P clients. So the customer service needed wouldnt change unless there was money coming in from that source to hire additional support as needed. In addition to that, most customer service provided in games is by way of guides that are not paid for their service, with the exception of possibly their monthly fee being provided for their service.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrianna View Post
    actually, alot of games that have switched to F2P models dont support F2P players, only those who micropay for that service, or are P2P clients. So the customer service needed wouldnt change unless there was money coming in from that source to hire additional support as needed. In addition to that, most customer service provided in games is by way of guides that are not paid for their service, with the exception of possibly their monthly fee being provided for their service.

The guides need to be handled by the lead guides which are paid. It also takes time from the devs to handle a lot of the problems that has been happening with guides/players. So if you think it doesnt cost I would say you need to check again.

Also, this game isnt like other F2P games where things are easy for players to understand and do. Most F2P games are clones of other games. This game players need a LOT more help than other games. Getting stuck, questions, other types of account support (which guides cant do) and things like that.

If they were not supported at all again, it would be just extra issues with the problems they bring, and still just giving the game a bad rap because they were not supported and had issues.

I would say right now a good % of the people playing have had issues and need support.

I also wanted to add, that you couldnt have trial players effect totem size.