Thread: Vendor Lock?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Vendor Lock?

The market last week was great, however, it was a little confusing who was selling and what was for sale.

I think it would be a great idea to have a vendor lock on baskets. A lock that would allow people to look inside a basket without being able to take anything. A seller could label the basket "schemes and blueprints" a buyer could click the basket and see it was schemes and bp and open the basket to see what was available. The buyer could also see the owner of said basket and contact them to work out the deal if interested in something.

perhaps they could just make this a stall blue print in architecture... any basket that is put in the stall has its permisions overriden to just view whats inside, only the vender can remove the basket to get an item... or if posible, remove an item right from the stalls new permisions.

this would prevent to many settings in permisions, but allow this idea to still work well

That would also allow you to put up a stall in an "open" area in your tribe location to allow for someone to come to your "trading post" and look at what was available.

I think a building type would work well here, but not another permission type. So I like that idea.

Maybe it could even do a trade without anyone being there? Like say you set an item at a cost of 1000 nails the player would just trade the nails and get there item. I guess this would work best when they come up with some kind or currency for the game though. It would add a great deal to the game by adding sale stalls and currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Kegan View Post
    Maybe it could even do a trade without anyone being there? Like say you set an item at a cost of 1000 nails the player would just trade the nails and get there item. I guess this would work best when they come up with some kind or currency for the game though. It would add a great deal to the game by adding sale stalls and currency.

My problem with currency in game is that the ones they have, require QL to be a factor. So now getting the right type of mat, plus the QL diff is a major problem.

I really wish they would add in breaking down items. Like melting down nails into the type of item they are. So say 1000 nails would melt down to say 5kg of pureX (x being the type of metal it is, chrome, iron etc).

Then you can make nails out of that. So then the basic ore or melted down mat could be sold based on weight.

Higher QL yields more weight.