Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Grushenko View Post
    As Banden said, why two servers instead of one server with a better population and a meaningful gameplay? Two servers can be avoided easily with two zones. A pve zone, maybe the actual one, with similar rules as we have now and no full loot; here you can find materials only up to high quality, with those material you can't craft stuff to full durability. In the pvp zone you can find better resources to craft stuff at full durability. Maybe rare patterns can be scavenged in the pvp area or whatever else sounds nice. In this pvp area is possible to siege, safe zones are off, there's obviously full loot, and so on.

This is the first thing that come up to my mind on how the two playstile can cohabit in the same map and same server. No risks: you can be a master crafter but with poor resources. Riks: you can be a master crafter (or kill people to take stuff), you have plenty of resurces and you can lose everything anytime. Cooperation: a pvp gather (or loot) some good bones and bring them to the crafter in cedarrat (if he can survive the travel) to have them turned into an helmet. The pvper don't want to make the travel? Good, player X will do it for 5000 nails or some dollars. Or maybe the tribe Y, settled near the border of the two zones, started to act as a trading hub, they already have the helmet, just give them the bones and a little extra.

Now, why should we drop those possibilities for two servers with two different populations and mutilated gameplay? I think most of us are on this game not just for the pvp, or just the village building, or just the wandering mobs, or just to get sick in the green mist. I think most of us are here for the whole package, for the only sandbox who can provide tons of sand instead of just a box. And i guess that for this sand to be shaped, we need people, people with different vision and different tastes.
    Well: PVPers could craft highest durability of weapons and armor, and if implemented? siege weapons, PVEers can do highest quality and durability on building things, like tools, carts, containers, architecture, better bones of the animals, better quality from scavenging, and foraging, after all, all that is a PVE content.
    Then PVPers could trade with PVEers, combat for non combat, and hire PVEers to build their forts and to scavenge for better quality resources.
    To have both PVE and PVP separated on one server? would not be a bad choice/idea, but it has to be done right.
    By the way: in reality soldiers/combatants can't do any of the quality nor durability nor performance, everything is made by peaceful population and then delivered to combat zones, what soldiers do best? is fighting, and that is about it, they can't craft, nor build, nor mining.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    By the way: in reality soldiers/combatants can't do any of the quality nor durability nor performance, everything is made by peaceful population and then delivered to combat zones, what soldiers do best? is fighting, and that is about it, they can't craft, nor build, nor mining.
    i guess the army corp of engineers are just suckers then?

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by fotuenti View Post
    i guess the army corp of engineers are just suckers then?
    You can't say that "corp of engineers" are full time professional combatants, can you?
    And on the battle field you can't do quality either, I mean, no time for quality nor durability.

As Banden said, why two servers instead of one server with a better population and a meaningful gameplay? Two servers can be avoided easily with two zones. A pve zone, maybe the actual one, with similar rules as we have now and no full loot; here you can find materials only up to high quality, with those material you can't craft stuff to full durability. In the pvp zone you can find better resources to craft stuff at full durability. Maybe rare patterns can be scavenged in the pvp area or whatever else sounds nice. In this pvp area is possible to siege, safe zones are off, there's obviously full loot, and so on.

This is the first thing that come up to my mind on how the two playstile can cohabit in the same map and same server. No risks: you can be a master crafter but with poor resources. Riks: you can be a master crafter (or kill people to take stuff), you have plenty of resurces and you can lose everything anytime. Cooperation: a pvp gather (or loot) some good bones and bring them to the crafter in cedarrat (if he can survive the travel) to have them turned into an helmet. The pvper don't want to make the travel? Good, player X will do it for 5000 nails or some dollars. Or maybe the tribe Y, settled near the border of the two zones, started to act as a trading hub, they already have the helmet, just give them the bones and a little extra.

Now, why should we drop those possibilities for two servers with two different populations and mutilated gameplay? I think most of us are on this game not just for the pvp, or just the village building, or just the wandering mobs, or just to get sick in the green mist. I think most of us are here for the whole package, for the only sandbox who can provide tons of sand instead of just a box. And i guess that for this sand to be shaped, we need people, people with different vision and different tastes.
    This has been suggested many times by many of us.
    There are 2 problems though:

1. everyone who likes the idea of 2 separated zones has a different image of the implementation. ( I personally don't like some points you described).

2. Our hardcore PvP players refused the idea totally.

You can't say that "corp of engineers" are full time professional combatants, can you?
    And on the battle field you can't do quality either, I mean, no time for quality nor durability.
    i respectfully disagree

Xsyon Citizen
    I have some additional propositions to discuss on poll and how it should be displayed.
    Have all options available to checkout separated not combined and let people choose what they think and what options are best to fit their play style, and based on most votes developers should be able to decide how to mod/develop Xsyon.
    Each option should have explanation and a check box next to it, don't limit on how many option one can choose.

I have some additional propositions to discuss on poll and how it should be displayed.
    Have all options available to checkout separated not combined and let people choose what they think and what options are best to fit their play style, and based on most votes developers should be able to decide how to mod/develop Xsyon.
    Each option should have explanation and a check box next to it, don't limit on how many option one can choose.
    I think they should do like most games do. They look for ideas from the population. Talk about those ideas between each other (Devs at like a round table meeting), then choose what is best from there. Adding to, or removing their own ideas based on how hard, time, cost, etc would need to be done.

Listening to the mass of people voting is not the best idea. Polls only show part of the data, mostly how well received something will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    2. Our hardcore PvP players refused the idea totally.

Jadzia huh??

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Jadzia huh??
    You don't remember again...just ask Dubanka how much he would like an idea like that. He listed several reasons why it wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    You don't remember again...just ask Dubanka how much he would like an idea like that. He listed several reasons why it wouldn't work.
    Um ok. Lets let the "hardcore" pvpers post then.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I think they should do like most games do. They look for ideas from the population. Talk about those ideas between each other (Devs at like a round table meeting), then choose what is best from there. Adding to, or removing their own ideas based on how hard, time, cost, etc would need to be done.

Listening to the mass of people voting is not the best idea. Polls only show part of the data, mostly how well received something will be.
    If talks like we have now? PVPers don't even let anyone else's ideas to be excepted just their own, creating wars and refusals.
    You know that many don't want PVP drama?