Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loading Objects

@Kegan

Does your ISP at home block or limit any specific types of traffic?

I ask because I have friends who use ISPs that throttle certain types of traffic(mostly bittorrent) and some of them have had troubles doing just about anything more than browsing the web. It might be worth a call to the ISP to diagnose what's going on. If you really want to get down to the nuts and bolts you could install Wireshark and watch the connection between your computer and the internet, but I would only recommend this if you have a good understanding of TCP/IP networking.

good luck

Well i'm not real sure what the deal is i have played many MMOs on the connection (have lived there for 10+ years) and never had any trouble from any other game before this one.

I tested the game some and i did manage to get it to load some zones just fine. I started from my tribe (zone 661) and nothing loaded past the the original starting area. I went down to the large junk pile in the south and then to the lake, still nothing. I logged out at zone 778 for the night and this morning before work i logged back in and took the path marked on the map below. during that test everything worked fine I went over 10 zones and everything loaded the way it should.

I just don't understand how it can load in some areas and not in others unless there is a change in the amount of items that are being loaded. The area that did load seamed to have just as much stuff as the areas that i had trouble with maybe even more there was a ton of trees in that area.

This is a problem many used to have, but I think they fixed it in general. When you loaded in game, you only loaded trees, terraformed land, and architecture within your local chat area. The moment you left those original 9 zones where you logged in, you couldn't see any trees and everything looked untouched.

I saw this problem a couple months ago while hunting, perhaps the game glitches when it attempts to load some parts of the world. Perhaps its hardware dependent but it doesn't seem like it. I don't know...