Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loading Objects

Unhappy Loading Objects

I was wanting to get some feedback about an issue i have been having with objects loading when i travel in-game. Does anyone else other then me have this issue?

It's like it loads the objects around me where i log in at and that's it.(it does not matter where i log in at it is the same results.) When i go past the point where the objects stop loading it's like nothing is there only terrain. I can walk right past any wall, gate or dirt mound as on my computer it does not exist. I do however get the message that i am entering a tribe but i can't see anything at all no totem, walls, baskets, trees or anything. Its like it never was there other then the server telling me that i was entering a tribe area on my screen.

I have been in touch with support and i guess there working on it but it seams like anything they do is not working or they just are not working on it at all. I have however changed RAM and added more of it, put in a new power supply, tested two different video cards and nothing. I am still have the issue with any combination of things that i have tried.

I was just wanting to know if anyone else is having or have had the same trouble. (I did see that one of the LagSpikeTV guys was having trouble with it too in there stream were they went to DDTs place to get there carts.)

Thats wierd. Ihve had this issue before, but only after travelling several zones away from my starting point and it doesnt happen very often. Im surprised this is still an issue tbh, its been there for ages.

Well as banden said this was a random issue last year but I have not seen it myself in probably 6 months and I thought they resolved it a while back.

I can only guess that if your hardware meets the minimum requirements and is functioning properly, and all drivers are up to date that it is a software issue, or a software conflict. Do you have sufficient hard drive space (at least 15% free). Is your system cache (virtual memory) set to default or system? Have you tried disabling any non essential program like firewalls, virus protection etc and tried again? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game? I have done that a couple times to fix issues when nothing else works with good results. And lastly do you have any four leaf clovers or any other mythical artifacts or talismans you can place on your computer? Hey desperate times call for desperate measure

Good luck getting that resolved.

Its still a problem and it has nothing to do with your computer settings, sometimes things just doesnt load right. Its a lot more rare.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Its still a problem and it has nothing to do with your computer settings, sometimes things just doesnt load right. Its a lot more rare.
    I could be wrong but I believe he is saying it does this every time he logs in. That is different than what we experience as a rarity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegan View Post
    (it does not matter where i log in at it is the same results.) I have however changed RAM and added more of it, put in a new power supply, tested two different video cards and nothing. I am still have the issue with any combination of things that i have tried.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    I could be wrong but I believe he is saying it does this every time he logs in. That is different than what we experience as a rarity.

My bad. I thought he was talking about the other loading issues. Guess I should read the OP better =P

Well I do have a second PC at my work and i have been testing hardware with parts from it as the PC at work runs the game just fine even though it's an older system.

I have talked to Jordi about this and he is going to do some testing on the test server this week (something about smaller packets) and i am going to take my home computer to work with me and see if it loads the game there like the other one does. This way i can see if it's the PC or maybe my internet connection or something. I thought it was going to be my video card as i use AMD/ATI at home and the computer at work has a Nvidia but both cards did the same thing at home on this PC. (there goes my excuse for buying a new video card for my home PC)

I remember when there was trouble before as i was one of the ones having trouble and stopped playing because of it. I seen Saintbobs videos and thought i would give it another go and for me nothing has changed. It happens every time i log in its not like every so often its every time. I have not noticed it much up until now as i have been working on my tribe area but now that's almost done and i want to go out hunting..etc

I guess we will see what the next few days bring and go from there.

I think trying it at your work is a good start. I had not thought about the internet but it could be blocking something if you are using wireless or on a router. Let us know if you figure it out as I am curious =)

Well now i am really confused the testing at work was fine. Everything loaded the way it was meant to I crossed many zones at least 5-6 and everything was fine. This leads me to only one thing it's in my connection at home somehow.

I use a DSL connection with my local phone company at home where the connection at work is a cable connection from a different company all together. The only thing between the PC and the phone outlet is a Westell 6100 modem and a surge protector all connected with Cat5 cable. When i get home i am going to bypass the surge protector and see if that helps any but at this point I'm lost. I have no idea what could cause the modem to block anything from my computer and the funny thing is the work cable connection is only 512kbps were the home DSL is 1.5Mbps. I do get a better ping from the work connection it runs the game at 40-50ms were the home connection runs at 95-110ms. I do have a long distance to my PC from the Modem it's about 70-75feet of Cat5 cable but i don't think this would cause any major issues as everything else is fine and the ping is not that bad.

If any of you know what might be causing the trouble then by all means enlighten me..hehe Jordi was wondering if my modem was somehow blocking certain packets and is doing some checking on things too. I hope that it is somehow the surge protector causing the problems and bypassing it will fix it but i don't see how. I have seen people allow access to ports or something on routers but I'm not sure how to do this or if you even can with a modem...IDK...I'm lost like a said...hehe

Well you have eliminated your computer being the problem so your on the right track.

I know that long Ethernet cables are never recommended especially if they are ran anywhere near AC lines or other power sources that can radiate an electrical field as this can cause data loss. As a test I would suggest temporarily moving your computer close to the modem and use a short 6' or 12' Ethernet cable. If that doesn't change anything then I would contact your DSL provider and see if they can help you re-configure your router.