Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    Hmmm. That should take care of all the problems we have in game.
    The idea to make game free of griefs and exploits.
    So everyone can enjoy.

Tell me, are you going to cry as well when they release bow and arrows, for people making traps and then kill animals, and not giving animals a chance to fight back?

I would expect that animals will be stronger than dying to 1 arrow. Plus there are resources and risk involved.

If bows kill Full grown Shadow Bears (hardest animals in game) in 1 hit. Yes I will whine about it needing to be balanced. Dunno about you, but it doesnt make for a fun game for me to kill animals in 1 hit.

Ive already said before they need to beef up animals to kill players. They did, and now they dont attack in water. Something Xsyon himself said he was going to fix. If everyone is finding it fun to attack an animal in water that cant attack back. Then maybe I am playing the wrong game.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I would expect that animals will be stronger than dying to 1 arrow. Plus there are resources and risk involved.

If bows kill Full grown Shadow Bears (hardest animals in game) in 1 hit. Yes I will whine about it needing to be balanced. Dunno about you, but it doesnt make for a fun game for me to kill animals in 1 hit.

Ive already said before they need to beef up animals to kill players. They did, and now they dont attack in water. Something Xsyon himself said he was going to fix. If everyone is finding it fun to attack an animal in water that cant attack back. Then maybe I am playing the wrong game.
    I have never said one shoot one kill, I said trap and then kill.
    I agree, full grown bear to be one-shoot one-kill is unacceptable, should not be the case with small bear.
    We don't have bow and arrows in the game yet so people use water as a tactical advantage.
    We don't have bear traps either, so we could trap a bear and than kill it with bow and arrows or spears.
    When that happens, when we have bow and arrows with spears, and traps that we can set, then yes we can change tactics.

I've never seen dear being able to fight in water nor little animals to be able to kill children, not to mention grownups.
    There are water animals and land animals, land animals can't fight in water or most of them.
    First separate those and give statuses and abilities to each animal that fit its role.
    The animal aggression, AI, size etc still need some tweeting and they have been doing that over time. Small animals in time I'm sure will not be as tough, and non aggressive animals will be less aggressive etc. They just fixed the pack animals a bit recently. This has been an ongoing process. And yes animal can fight in water. In real life all animals can swim, it's nature. And Bears certainly can fight in water, they spend a good part of their lives fishing. I saw a documentary where they showed a huge Tiger walk right into the water to attack a very huge crocodile. And cats are not suppose to like water LOL. It was an epic fight, but no winners. The cat finally stopped gave a look for primordial hate to the croc then just turned and walked back into the woods.

Now you just asked....

Just to sure do you want Xsyon to simulate real life if possible? or you just want to fit your wants?
    Clearly it is your wants that are in question, this was never a question for anyone else until now. Please don't try and make us the bad guys again because it's not what you want.

why do people respond to znaiika posts? they are an obvious troll.

I have never said one shoot one kill, I said trap and then kill.
    I agree, full grown bear to be one-shoot one-kill is unacceptable, should not be the case with small bear.
    We don't have bow and arrows in the game yet so people use water as a tactical advantage.
    We don't have bear traps either, so we could trap a bear and than kill it with bow and arrows or spears.
    When that happens, when we have bow and arrows with spears, and traps that we can set, then yes we can change tactics.
    I will have a problem if there is no balance in setting a trap and shooting bows and killing the hardest animals in the game. I think that answers your question.

Do you think you should be able to set a trap and kill a shadow bear with a bow and arrow without it attacking you?

Wow Znaiika you are a firestarter.

With that said, this is what should happen and most likely will happen.

Some animals should be able to attack in water, others should not.

Honestly there is no reason for a Bear, Beaver, or any other animal that knows how to swim not to attack in water.

But a Tricock, or any of the non-swimming animals should not attack in water and should avoid going into it. I can tell you now the easiest way to corner a flightless bird in real life is to get it on the edge of a riverbank, it will not go into the water deeper than it can wade.

Last part.

If you are fighting in water, they should reduce the amount of damage you can do. Have you ever tried to swing full force while swimming, good luck. Power is generated by your hips and your legs not by your arms.

Quote Originally Posted by soulless View Post
    why do people respond to znaiika posts? they are an obvious troll.
    *DING DING DING*!!!

We have a winnah!

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    Please don't try and make us the bad guys again because it's not what you want.
    I don't I think about you like that, i think you're cool guys anyhow you respond to me, and not insulting me in personally.
    If we can come up with reasonable agreements when discussing, I have no problem with you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Do you think you should be able to set a trap and kill a shadow bear with a bow and arrow without it attacking you?
    Only if a trap is big enough and is not possible for one person to carry, but should be possible to make it.

Just to sure do you want Xsyon to simulate real life if possible? or you just want to fit your wants?
    I've never seen dear being able to fight in water nor little animals to be able to kill children, not to mention grownups.
    There are water animals and land animals, land animals can't fight in water or most of them.
    First separate those and give statuses and abilities to each animal that fit its role.
    Bird dogs can fetch game in water. Animals may be swimming but still have their teeth. But if you don't agree with me we can always throw you in the water with a starved bear or wolf and see if your theory is correct. ^^

some proof btw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ61qi-Sptg shadow bear would... eat you!

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    Wow Znaiika you are a firestarter.

With that said, this is what should happen and most likely will happen.

Some animals should be able to attack in water, others should not.

Honestly there is no reason for a Bear, Beaver, or any other animal that knows how to swim not to attack in water.

But a Tricock, or any of the non-swimming animals should not attack in water and should avoid going into it. I can tell you now the easiest way to corner a flightless bird in real life is to get it on the edge of a riverbank, it will not go into the water deeper than it can wade.

Last part.

If you are fighting in water, they should reduce the amount of damage you can do. Have you ever tried to swing full force while swimming, good luck. Power is generated by your hips and your legs not by your arms.

*DING DING DING*!!!

We have a winnah!
    I like all of these ideas, and I believe in time they will come about. As we all know the combat and AI are still in the growth and development stages.

On a side note in regards to having a safe area in the wild? I don't want any safe area. I want to be scared. I'M NOT SCARED IN THIS GAME. At best the animals can be an inconvenience. I want to have to use my smarts and my prowess to survive. We should have to use stealth and cunning when out hunting. I would like to see "Hide" actually work. We should be hiding in the trees and water when the threat is too great. And if I am not paying attention and a big ugly scary things jump outs to attack me, that is my fault and I get to run away like a little girl

The game currently lacks a real challenge, and I think users become bored . Get into trouble, run to water. Get into pvp hide in totem area till they leave. I know we shouldn't bring up that argument just making a point. that Moon has a real point I have no sense of fear, even as a small 4 foot hermit, running around in my grass trousers with a fishing rod and a china hat. But in a real survival scenario I should be deathly afraid!!

I would love to see a higher density population of animals, and fix to water issue.