Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    I don't I think about you like that, i think you're cool guys anyhow you respond to me, and not insulting me in personally.
    If we can come up with reasonable agreements when discussing, I have no problem with you guys.
    Im not sure if your English is just bad, or didnt really read what he said, but he didnt make a personal attack. He was stating his opinion that you seem to only care about what YOU want, and not what is good for the game or what the devs want.

I also happen to agree with him.

Only if a trap is big enough and is not possible for one person to carry, but should be possible to make it.
    If you can build a trap that traps a shadow-bear, I would say you need to have high skill, use a large amount of resources, and it should be heavy. Even then I do not agree with the bear being 100% trapped an not able to attack. Maybe slowed up, or hurt. But not so you just shoot an arrow or 2 to kill it because it is trapped.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    1: I also happen to agree with him.
    2: If you can build a trap that traps a shadow-bear, I would say you need to have high skill, use a large amount of resources, and it should be heavy. Even then I do not agree with the bear being 100% trapped an not able to attack. Maybe slowed up, or hurt. But not so you just shoot an arrow or 2 to kill it because it is trapped.
    1: I know you would, it's always same small community, the rest are not welcome even if they have better point then you.
    And even if my English is not perfect, that doesn't mean I can't have a rights to speak.
    You people really should learn what share means, and maybe we could have normal conversations, but at this point you're only pushing me to defend myself from you.
    You remind me of little kids who fight over candy.
    And your best tactic against people is to force guides to close threads so you could be on top, and have your own ideas only.
    2: maybe I want to catch one for display?

1: I know you would, it's always same small community, the rest are not welcome even if they have better point then you.
    And even if my English is not perfect, that doesn't mean I can't have a rights to speak.
    You people really should learn what share means, and maybe we could have normal conversations, but at this point you're only pushing me to defend myself from you.
    And your best tactic against people is to force guides to close threads so you could be on top, and have your own ideas only.

Just FYI, your whole #1 is all trolling/personal attacking. Im not attacking your person. Im saying you have a bad idea that doesnt make sense. It could be cause you didnt read the thread, or maybe you just dont really think it over. I dont know. Either way some of the stuff you are saying doesnt make sense.

#2) Animal taming is coming into the game. I'm sure it will be something you can do to trap/tame/breed animals.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    #2) Animal taming is coming into the game. I'm sure it will be something you can do to trap/tame/breed animals.
    Maybe I did misunderstood you maybe I didn't, that's not the point. I know he didn't made an attack on me, was not my point to blame him in that response.

Until Animal taming, animals are tweaked for health and damage and we have bows and arrows, spears, etc.... we should still have water as tactical advantage.

Znaiika, the problem here is not that yours or anyone's opinions are not welcome, the problem is when you make suggestion and you ask for opinions, and people don't agree with your opinion, you contest their views and you argue endlessly. You asked what everyone thought in your original post and everyone responded. I'm not sure you really want others opinions, I think you just want everyone to agree with you.

Re - #1: Not always do people from the same community always agree with the same people. If you are going to say something at least provide a basis for your argument.
    This is just the same as you saying animals can't attack people in water if a land animal - FALSE!!! I even showed footage of a polar bear, attacking someone. That is fact!

- Yes you have the right to speak, but it does not mean we have to agree with what you say.
    - Not even sure what you are getting at with sharing... O.o?
    - I don't see anyone forcing guides to close the thread. I see one person with an idea the majority doesn't agree with becoming upset, and comparing everyone else to children.

Re #3: Wait for taming to display an animal.
    Re #4: Back on track, water as a safe zone simply further dilutes challenge of game, as there is almost always water within a jump or two.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Creator View Post
    - Yes you have the right to speak, but it does not mean we have to agree with what you say.
    I don't blame people for disagreeing with me, that is what discussions are for, what I don't like in people is instead of explaining what is the problem might be? they start to insult me.
    I do pay attention to what you're all saying, and trying to explain what the problem might be i some cases.
    I do agree, I am tooo persistent, that one I do have and guilty of that.

Now on topic: as I said it, implement means to use different tactics "bows and arrows, spears, etc..." and then you can make animals to attack in water.

I do agree, I am tooo persistent, that one I do have and guilty of that.
    That's what I like to see, a little humility is very honorable

Since for now the waters are safe, and who knows when that will change or when we will get more things like range weapons and such, I would say enjoy the current safeguards and wait to see what happens. Maybe they will come about in a timely manner and all will be well

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika
    Now on topic: as I said it, implement means to use different tactics "bows and arrows, spears, etc..." and then you can make animals to attack in water.
    How does having bows, arrows, spears, etc make it ok for animals to function normally, but not before hand?

I think being safe in water is a step backwards developmentally, but sometimes, for reasons beyond the understanding of people not programming the game (obviously myself included), it is necessary to take a step back to make two steps forward.

We used to be safe from PvP attacks in water. That was changed, and now animals apparently don't attack in water, that will change. There was a time animals were stuck on granite, I had a huge (and I mean huge) herd of rabid angry squirrels stuck on a 2 meter by 2 meter patch of granite at one point. That was fixed, just as the water thing going on now will be.

DDT, no offense meant (this time ) but when you tell people they don't understand what they're talking about, or clearly aren't reading the posts, or their english must suck... it's abrasive and does objectively appear as a personal attack. It may not be meant that way, I'm just saying that's the way you come across at times. Just fyi.

To the people who like to just say Z is a troll, and at times have nothing more to add to the conversation, please stop. Such action is actually trolling in itself and isn't going to lead anywhere good, any time. The guides see fit to let you continue, and they must have their reasons, but no conscientious adult appreciates the behavior. As I said, please stop.

Back to topic, one thing I really wanted to see for a long time is the ability to get away from animals. I don't know if that's the case right now, but it used to be that animals would never stop chasing clear across many zones.
    I don't say that because I don't want to die, I can kill them. The point is that sometimes it's best to leave the animal alive to grow into a greater challenge or spawn more of its kind.

Far as traps, I don't think it would be too difficult to have qualities and style of traps effective in accordance with the strength and ferocity of the animal in question. Even a mammoth can be trapped, but it takes a lot of work to build the trap, and cunning to lead the animal into it. It's a group effort that yields great reward at great risk.