Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen

Disable Attack in water.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Can we get an official answer to the question of pulling animals into the water to kill them where they cant fight back? Is this a valid tactic or not? Getting mixed reports from players/guides.
    Sorry DDT for taking this out from Q/A
    I want to start this thread to discuss about attacking animals in water.
    I think, or should I say, in my opinion, is best to disable ability to attack animals for humans in water as well, that is much simpler solution no need for lots of checks/coding.
    What do you all think about this?
    If someone need to runoff and use water as cover or to logout.

Or you can do number of things:
    1: no one can attack in water people/animals.
    2: health regenerates slow in water.
    3: animal stops chasing when you enter water, and/or ignore in the water, animals can still enter water if they need to cross it.
    4: animal regenerates health faster if not in combat or on the run.

Xsyon Citizen
    Yesterday a dog attacked me in the water and i did loose health (i am pretty sure about that)
    ... however it was very easy to kill the dog - after i killed it i could not "hunt" the animal body (meaning strip it of guts, bones, hide and so on) - yes i believe i had a knife in the right hand - the hunting menue just would not show up when i selected the corpse (i saw the highlight selection around the body though).

I am not sure if setting water as a "safe place" would be appreciated by some of the pvp focused players - would probably be much to easy to flee from a fight that way.

BTW: Hiding is worth nothing ... i thought that a decent crafter should be pretty good at hiding - however players as well as animals have no problem "finding" me when i am hidden (Hidding at 100) - I would find "hiding" - as a skill based action - a better "safeheaven" then just jumping into water ...

I think better would just be allow animals to attack in water. Its a lot easier, and why shouldnt people be allowed to attack things in the water?
    Water shouldnt be safe zones.

If you disable fighting in water.. people will just run into a creek when close to death. and there is tons of water nearly every where. This would completely break a partial broken combat system.

I don't like the idea. I say fix animals for them to attack in water.

If animals attacking in water is not turned on/fixed then you might as well just take them out of the game altogether.

Animals can attack in water if the water is a man made pond and a dirt bottom. So it seems to have something to do with the rocks in water.

I say fix the issue so animals work correctly in water. IMO Safety in the wild should be a calculated risk.

Xsyon Citizen
    Just to sure do you want Xsyon to simulate real life if possible? or you just want to fit your wants?
    I've never seen dear being able to fight in water nor little animals to be able to kill children, not to mention grownups.
    There are water animals and land animals, land animals can't fight in water or most of them.
    First separate those and give statuses and abilities to each animal that fit its role.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    Just to sure do you want Xsyon to simulate real life if possible? or you just want to fit your wants?
    I've never seen dear being able to fight in water nor little animals to be able to kill children, not to mention grownups.
    There are water animals and land animals, land animals can't fight in water or most of them.
    First separate those and give statuses and abilities to each animal that fit its role.
    What does a deer attacking someone have to do with animals and players attacking in water?

First deer have attacked people before. Second is, this isnt real life. Children do get bit by small animals also. Remember this isnt 100% like real life.

If you think most land animals cant fight in water, I would think you have no idea what you are talking about.

IMO the best and simple thing to do is either fix it, or call it a tactic to kill animals in water that cant fight back. Right now I still dont know if we are allowed to exploit animals in water or not. Some guides say yes, some say no, some players say yes, some players say no.

It does need fixed for sure. I have seen people kill huge shadow bears that if on land would have never even stood a chance. What is causing them from not attacking anyway? Is it the swimming animation conflicting with the attacking one?

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Remember this isnt 100% like real life.
    Hmmm. That should take care of all the problems we have in game.
    The idea to make game free of griefs and exploits.
    So everyone can enjoy.

Tell me, are you going to cry as well when they release bow and arrows, for people making traps and then kill animals, and not giving animals a chance to fight back?