Hey everyone!

First I would like to give you some rules to follow in this thread. Please respect me by following these rules, If not hopefully a guide will remove your post.

Rules:

1. This is not a debate! Do not reply to other users! ( No argue, no pop shots etc. )
2. No references to specific events which will incite conflict or hurt community members.
3. No names ( tribe, player, guide etc. ) No accusations!

Why Make this thread:

One difficulty for many gaming communities is to give a solid and definite definition to griefing for users. In light of recent events it seems any thing which inconveniences another player, or someone doesn't like is now griefing, trolling, or drama.

What is currently in Xsyon TOS in regards to topic:

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon TOS
5. Abuse, harass, threaten another player or representative of Notorious Games.

6. Use of any words that are deemed offensive or threatening or that may be sexually explicit . Use of words using symbols, different languages, or different forms of writing, including internet based ones like Leet, that represent the previous mentioned words will be treated in the same way.
Current Concern:

I feel the TOS doesn't cover trolling and griefing thoroughly and therefore allows players who may not be griefing to be reported and reprimanded (punished). While on the flip side players intentionally trolling and griefing are able to circumvent cautions and consequence through clever tactics.

Current abuse reports seemingly favor the squeaky wheel, rather than investigating prior history behind conduct of conflicting individuals.

How you can help:

- Submit a post in this thread of specific examples of what you feel is griefing.
- Give your opinion in an unbiased manner not referencing to current events.

Example of a good submission:

I feel that pvp is part of the game, and killing someone even repeated times near your camp to protect territory is fine. Yet going across the map every day and killing a person, or following them no matter where they move their tribe is harrasment, griefing.

Example of bad submission:

I don't like it when someone kills me all the time while outside my tribe area.

Processing and Results:

After say a couple weeks I would like guides and Xsyon staff to do the following:

1. Make a forum post with new definitions to trolling and griefing with clear examples/scenarios.
2. Allow players to reply back to the post, but not debate with each other.
3. Use community feedback for revision and then post it to TOS.
4. When new situations arise, as they always do, this same process be used to update and cover issues clearly as the game evolves.

Remember The Following:

1. This is not a debate! Do not reply to other users! ( No argue, no pop shots etc. )
2. No references to specific events which will incite conflict or hurt community members.
3. No names ( tribe, player, guide etc. ) No accusations!

Put aside your current conflicts, tribe loyalties and history with others in this game, lets have everyone give everyone a clean slate and build our community not harm it.
Thank you in advance any guide, or participant which helps with this.

cheers,

Creator