Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Loading Times

Xsyon Citizen
    Also, you shouldn't believe everything you hear.

Never said that and it actually doesnt matter, just the accusition is enough to damage the game community.
    I just hope they take appropiate action and communicate that back too us on the forums, so that any doubt is taken away
    I appreciate youre concerns but in my opinion there are more pressing matters, still enjoying the game though.
    And please keep posting any feedback is good because the game will grow by it.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    3) I think items should decay on deathport. Meaning if you die, ALL the items on you (even items in your inventory) take a 20% dura, and 10% QL loss on decay. This will help prevent deathporting all the time.
    Just to be clear: are you saying items should decay upon death in addition to regular decay? your suggestion for noobs would be a killer " a nail in the head ".
    Items should have time decay only in my opinion not upon death.
    Death penalty could be better if people are above 90 in all statuses, but not item decay, instead! some statuses that correspond with combat. Some people have all the statuses at 100 and have nothing else to do, so they want to make noobs suffer by creating harsh rules?
    At all statuses at 100 one can kill a noob with two hits, do they find that enjoyable?
    This is where grieffing come in.

Nothing personal MrDDT this needs to be looked/thought over.

Quote Originally Posted by joexxxz View Post
    @Drevar, I agree with you on that. If you are close to your totem, why loading again?
    Yes, they should use the /unstuck mode of movement for all TP's. It's quick!

I think deathporting sounds like it might be somewhat of a distracting issue to include with this for right now... if it's okay with everyone, I'd suggest a different thread down the road to address that if needed. I think the OP's intent was to talk about improving gameplay for group pvp and reducing the frustration involved so the game can have the best chance to retain players.

So if I understood, the idea is to avoid the reload screen, so in essence, to try and delay the current death mechanic.

The revive thing sounds interesting, even a new player that doesn't have much HP could help with that in place. Maybe using a talisman of some kind in the right hand made with herbs, special wood, etc?

What about a "medicine" cart as a portable respawn point? That might have to involve the reload screen though, not sure.

I like the idea of having a chance to opt out and take the 30 seconds back to totem since not everyone will want to wait 2 mins if not engaged in pvp (or group pve for that matter), but for pvp, would this give the home team too great an advantage? Granted if they cut out early, they would have to sit through the reload screen so that might even things out.

The finishing move sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind having that option when fighting an animal as well, to have the option to incapacitate it but not kill it so I have a chance to let it live but off my back. If involving animals makes it more complicated to get done though, ignore that completely

My only concern, which can probably be alleviated pretty easily but still needs mentioning, is that it might make more powerful players all that much harder to kill, and would not affect them as much since their inherent strength would make a finishing blow no big deal to them.

gotta get movin but I'll give this some more thought.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    Just to be clear: are you saying items should decay upon death in addition to regular decay? your suggestion for noobs would be a killer " a nail in the head ".
    Items should have time decay only in my opinion not upon death.
    Death penalty could be better if people are above 90 in all statuses, but not item decay, instead! some statuses that correspond with combat. Some people have all the statuses at 100 and have nothing else to do, so they want to make noobs suffer by creating harsh rules?
    At all statuses at 100 one can kill a noob with two hits, do they find that enjoyable?
    This is where grieffing come in.

Nothing personal MrDDT this needs to be looked/thought over.

Noobs can be killed in 2 hits now, and if they are killed by a player they wont have to worry about the decay on their items as they wouldnt have those items. So really this is just a moot point here by you.

If it were by animals, or suicides then I see no problems with it. Also dont forget with this decay on death, you would also get healing herbs so you dont die as much, potions, magic healing, rezzing etc.
    With out the last part, the first part is to harsh.

You can even merge this with the "good" "neutral" "evil" system where say players that follow the strike rules of "good" wont suffer but like 10% decay dura, and 5% decay on QL. While "neutrals" will suffer full 20% dura, and 10% QL decay, and "evils" will suffer 40% dura, and 20% QL decay.

These are just overall concepts also. I think the balance is right, but hey that is my opinion.

Just FYI its current impossible to have 100 in all stats.
    Killing new players in 2 hits isnt really a factor for this current topic as I can see. Now the fact that noobs die a lot is, which this can help. See the "ganking/deathblow" idea in this thread. If you add that, noobs wont die as much, they will be put on the ground and out of the fight for 30s, but they wont have to respawn back home. Saving time on loading screens and able to play with others advanced players.

Xsyon Citizen
    Noobs can be killed in 2 hits now, and if they are killed by a player they wont have to worry about the decay on their items as they wouldnt have those items. So really this is just a moot point here by you.

If it were by animals, or suicides then I see no problems with it. Also dont forget with this decay on death, you would also get healing herbs so you dont die as much, potions, magic healing, rezzing etc.
    With out the last part, the first part is to harsh.

You can even merge this with the "good" "neutral" "evil" system where say players that follow the strike rules of "good" wont suffer but like 10% decay dura, and 5% decay on QL. While "neutrals" will suffer full 20% dura, and 10% QL decay, and "evils" will suffer 40% dura, and 20% QL decay.

These are just overall concepts also. I think the balance is right, but hey that is my opinion.

Just FYI its current impossible to have 100 in all stats.
    Killing new players in 2 hits isnt really a factor for this current topic as I can see. Now the fact that noobs die a lot is, which this can help. See the "ganking/deathblow" idea in this thread. If you add that, noobs wont die as much, they will be put on the ground and out of the fight for 30s, but they wont have to respawn back home. Saving time on loading screens and able to play with others advanced players.
    I can see a good point in this, still not convinced on item decay over death, and why do we need item decay on death, FYI, new player can manage to skill his/her scavenge, tailor, leather, tools and some other skills in the first four weaks, so he would still be a noob but could have good items.

Now the fact that noobs die a lot is, which this can help. See the "ganking/deathblow" idea in this thread. If you add that, noobs wont die as much, they will be put on the ground and out of the fight for 30s, but they wont have to respawn back home. Saving time on loading screens and able to play with others advanced players.
    I think I'm totally missing something with this deathblow thing. It's an option that can be taken by the winning player right? Why would anyone not use it if their stronghold is being attacked?

/confused.

Xsyon Citizen
    One way to lower loading time is to have client to hold all graphics, music etc... That is what other games do.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    I can see a good point in this, still not convinced on item decay over death, and why do we need item decay on death, FYI, new player can manage to skill his/her scavenge, tailor, leather, tools and some other skills in the first four weaks, so he would still be a noob but could have good items.
    I dont think you know what good items are, you should try playing a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    I think I'm totally missing something with this deathblow thing. It's an option that can be taken by the winning player right? Why would anyone not use it if their stronghold is being attacked?

/confused.
    Because you would still have 2 to 5mins of loading times vs someone coming to rez you and heal you up. Which could take seconds.
    Also if you had death punishments (like the one I listed above) you would have to suffer those also.

Xsyon Citizen
    I dont think you know what good items are, you should try playing a bit more.
    I don't follow you, are you talking about specific items or all items?