Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Loading Times

Loading Times

With talks of the upcoming content releases like Zombies, Totem Decay, etc and eventually free time and some advertising I feel like an important thing to work on before the next influx of players coming in might be the loading times.

It's always been that you are as strong as your weakest link, with everything that has come out and with the upcoming features this game will finally be in a position to make a name for itself.

After everything has been released that is on the table right now Xsyon's weakest link will be it's loading times to get in game. I know there are lots of features that are coming, but my point is if you take what is going to be in game at that time I think the loading times are going to be the most talked about.

There are so many great things you can do in Xsyon and the crowed that was here at launch that came for the PVP will do a lot of complaining about the load times especially when they get killed and are trying to get back to the action as fast as possible.

The only thing I can think of if the loading times can't be decreased would be to get a revive skill in the game and increase the timer from 30 sec to 1-2 min and not allow someone the ability to move around.

Basically when you get killed you would be laying down facing straight up at the sky while your timer is counting down without the ability to move around.

If you are not revived within 1-2 min you would be sent back to your totem.

My suggestion would be a 2 min timer I think that would be balanced when compared to how long you have to wait at the loading screen to get back into the fight.

Also, there's no fast travel in the game like mounts, so when people do across the game world and get sent all the way back to their totem it's just about impossible to come back to the action.

I know that some people will think so what, they were killed so they don't deserve not to come back - however I'm trying to think about the frustration that most people will experience with either really long loading times or not having the ability to revive someone.

I like your idea Kieth. The death loading window is a total buzz kill. Even though the loading time could be perceived as a death penalty, it would be a lame death penalty. LOL

However the self resurrection skill seems a bit unrealistic or anti-roll play to me. Why not have something we would have to accomplish if we want to avoid the resurrect at home loading screen penalty.

Just an idea here; Give us the option of the regular 30 second res at home, and a second option like finding a spirit to resurrect us. This could be something as easy as finding a body of water, rivers lake where spirits could reside. This way you most likely won't be resurrecting in the exact place you died, but you won't have to go very far to resurrect. And this gives any players time to move on preventing retaliatory action by the dead player.

There wouldn't have to be an actual NPC spirit though that would be more visually convincing. It could simply be a command or maybe you need a certain herb or something as a sacrifice, drop it in the water and you will get resurrected. It could even be done so you have to forage for some "Death Herb" while you are dead before you can get resurrected.

Anyway, good call I agree I think this does need some change.

Xsyon Citizen
    I agree with pretty much all of this and would like to see it in game. Our tribe has talked alot about this as well. These are all really good suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    I like your idea... ...However the self resurrection skill seems a bit unrealistic or anti-roll play to me.=
    i wasn't talking about a self ressurrection, i was talking more about your team mate reviving you.

It's easier if you think about this way

you get attacked and when you run out of HP you are laying there bleeding out, your team mate would have 2 min to patch you up and revive you - depending on their revive skill or what type of patch they used on you would determine how much hp/energy you are revived with.

OK that I like for sure

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    With talks of the upcoming content releases like Zombies, Totem Decay, etc and eventually free time and some advertising I feel like an important thing to work on before the next influx of players coming in might be the loading times.

It's always been that you are as strong as your weakest link, with everything that has come out and with the upcoming features this game will finally be in a position to make a name for itself.

After everything has been released that is on the table right now Xsyon's weakest link will be it's loading times to get in game. I know there are lots of features that are coming, but my point is if you take what is going to be in game at that time I think the loading times are going to be the most talked about.

There are so many great things you can do in Xsyon and the crowed that was here at launch that came for the PVP will do a lot of complaining about the load times especially when they get killed and are trying to get back to the action as fast as possible.

The only thing I can think of if the loading times can't be decreased would be to get a revive skill in the game and increase the timer from 30 sec to 1-2 min and not allow someone the ability to move around.

Basically when you get killed you would be laying down facing straight up at the sky while your timer is counting down without the ability to move around.

If you are not revived within 1-2 min you would be sent back to your totem.

My suggestion would be a 2 min timer I think that would be balanced when compared to how long you have to wait at the loading screen to get back into the fight.

Also, there's no fast travel in the game like mounts, so when people do across the game world and get sent all the way back to their totem it's just about impossible to come back to the action.

I know that some people will think so what, they were killed so they don't deserve not to come back - however I'm trying to think about the frustration that most people will experience with either really long loading times or not having the ability to revive someone.

All good points.

Couple of things to add/change.

1) If you make the death timer longer, you should give the option to tab out after 30s. So you can wait up to 2 mins for a rez, or you can tap out after 30seconds wait time. This will allow people not to have to shit through faceplant view for 2 mins when they know they wont be rez'd. Darkfall does this.

2) I think there should also be a "deathblow" or "gank" or "finisher" move where not only do you kill the person (puts them on the ground) but you would also have to do another action that can be interrupted to kill them off. Killing them off would then either force them to get rez'd by something or send them back to the totem. If you are not "finished off" you can pop back up after 30s with 1HP again. This will allow teamwork. Again other games do this. Also this will allow duels to happen without sending to the totem all the time.

3) I think items should decay on deathport. Meaning if you die, ALL the items on you (even items in your inventory) take a 20% dura, and 10% QL loss on decay. This will help prevent deathporting all the time.

4) Healing needs to have more ways to be done other than just the slow painful way of the not moving. Herbs, bandages, potions, magic, clothing etc. Also rezing someone should have chance to fail based on how bad they died.

As the OP said, this is for able to play with other people, the upto 40mins travel time to get back to your friends can be harsh.

I just wish they would fix it so that if you die within sight of your totem the game didn't need to reset the client and redownload the entire set of world data. I already have all the data I need, I'm 50m from my damn totem!

@Drevar, I agree with you on that. If you are close to your totem, why loading again?

Xsyon Citizen

Angry

I actually laughed about this thread, worrying about loading times
    The game is still unstable, i keep having lag issues and not only zone crossing lag.
    Then we arent talking about the crashing issues, database faults and zone data not loading.
    Pfff worrying about loading times
    And do you really think a lot of poeple will play an game where the only body with admin powers gets accused of favorism,censorship and even griefing?
    Ow i am not saying its true and onlly experienced the guides as positive, but i have been hearing this for an while now.
    So i worry about other things

Quote Originally Posted by Dzarren View Post
    I actually laughed about this thread, worrying about loading times
    The game is still unstable, i keep having lag issues and not only zone crossing lag.
    Then we arent talking about the crashing issues, database faults and zone data not loading.
    Pfff worrying about loading times
    And do you really think a lot of poeple will play an game where the only body with admin powers gets accused of favorism,censorship and even griefing?
    Ow i am not saying its true and onlly experienced the guides as positive, but i have been hearing this for an while now.
    So i worry about other things
    I am only here to help and try to make things better.

Also, you shouldn't believe everything you hear.