Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

account subscription question

last time i played xsyon my subscription was free for along time, tried to log in today because a friend told me he had played it a few days before and wanted to mess around. after installing/patching i find that my account is inactive now and i can no longer log into the game. when did this change? he definitely is not paying for his subscription.

is he lying or is there away for original pre-order accounts to play for free right now?

hmm, the accounting system was revamped around late December I think it was?

Far as I know, there is no legitimate way for a player to be within the world of Xsyon without a subscription at the moment.

Anyone know if this applies to the test server as well? Maybe your friend was in there? Totally guessing here but if I'm right I'm going to say I knew it all along... just a heads up.

There is talk of free time coming to old-timers, but I'm not saying that so you'll just wait for that... if you're curious now, throw $15 at it and take a week-end in Lake Tahoe.

My main focus in Xsyon has been and always will be PvP content, which from what I have read has to be extremely lacking currently because of the combat system / current population. Back at launch a good day consisted of killing 10 unique players. I imagine that number would be much lower now. I will always follow this game and pray for its comeback. The time for my comeback is not now though.

I hear that.

The interest in PvP hasn't waned though. I think if you go pillage around Industrial Strength, or from what I've read maybe Germania, you may get more than you bargained for Those are just examples from my limited knowledge of the pvp crowd, there are probably more.

In the end, for there to be a useful PvP population, some people will have to be the pioneers and seed the server so to speak. Others who know the current political situation better may be able to direct you to areas of the map where people interested in the fight may be congregating. With totem decay coming in, the map will get plenty large enough for like-minded folks to live within a workable proximity.

I do think there is a heck of a lot more to xsyon than pvp and to me, it doesn't really feel like a full-on pvp game but then again I've generally tried to avoid it so... kinda skewed opinion here. You know, full disclosure and all that

Depending on when you played last, I think DDT and others might tell you that the desync issue is gone and things have improved from that standpoint. Not sure to what extent all the stats that have been added are fully working for pvp, which doesn't mean they're not! just means I know there are stats, they can be used when crafting. Would need someone with more experience in that to tell you where that's at.

I would have said it was gone about 3 weeks ago, but seems like there has been some weird lag in game the last 2 weeks or so.

As for PVP, I think the biggest thing stopping PVP is the reason to fight, you likely wont get any good loot even after you spend a lot of time finding someone to kill.
    There is nothing to contest over, its really just PVP to PVP which most people dont want to PVP because they want to build up for "lols".

I think its coming that this game will have some good PVP going on, with people starting to understand the better loot = better chance to win. Right now I think few people understand what good gear/loot is.

If you wanted my honest opinion, if you are playing Xsyon for the current PVP system, you will be quitting very quickly. Not to say I dont want you playing, I would love to have more PVPers playing (good bit have been poping up lately) just saying Ive seen what they want.

PVPers need also PVE things in game and right now PVE is also poor. So PVPers are going to spend a lot of time looking for people to kill only to have them be safe. Also if they want to train combat there is really little to no choice when it comes to fun ways to train up combat. (Due to the lack of PVE) So most of their time is spend wondering, which gets really boring. Plus due to the no teamwork options (groups, rezing, healing, summoning, party markers, way points, crests to tell friend from foe) its not even good to travel in a group.

Thanks for the info MrDDT. I didn't explain myself very well when I said my main focus. A huge part of it would be building a tribe, gathering / trading for resources, crafting top gear for PvP and defense-able bases for expansion into the fog once its lifted, finding new schems and expanding out into the world AND FIGHTING OVER THE LAND I just don't see the point of playing without an actual reason to PvP like you said.

I would do terrible, terrible, terrible things to have this game be fully functioning with all the original promised features.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I would have said it was gone about 3 weeks ago, but seems like there has been some weird lag in game the last 2 weeks or so.
    General lag could actually be sunspots. Been hitting a lot of ISP's lately.

oh, and just curious final, would you be open to doing wonderful, wonderful, wonderful things to have this game be fully functional with all the original promised features?

Quote Originally Posted by finalreview View Post
    Thanks for the info MrDDT. I didn't explain myself very well when I said my main focus. A huge part of it would be building a tribe, gathering / trading for resources, crafting top gear for PvP and defense-able bases for expansion into the fog once its lifted, finding new schems and expanding out into the world AND FIGHTING OVER THE LAND I just don't see the point of playing without an actual reason to PvP like you said.

I would do terrible, terrible, terrible things to have this game be fully functioning with all the original promised features.

This is the biggest problem Ive seen for people that are looking for PVP. They need objectives and rewards. Ive seen some people put in 100s of hours doing some the more boring stuff to get better in PVP just so they can win fights to take someones ship, or castle etc.

But if you cant fight to win something (other than just bragging rights) the PVPers Ive known, and Ive known a lot. Seem to not even want to bother. The PVPers Ive seen looking at sandbox PVP are looking to do it to for the conquest, whether its over villages, castles, good gear, rare loot, mines etc.

I look at games like Shadowbane, EvE online, and Darkfall to show us a little of what things PVP can motivate PvPers, which in turn turns the wheels for good crafted items.

There's a lot of ladders and such in the pvp spheres as well. They may not always be role-playing games but certainly pvp.

In a case like BF3, some people like rivaL are winning 8 SSD's in a single tournament... clearly not an option in a game like xsyon but there's options.

I don't really expect to be winning hardware anytime soon. A season's worth of server time for my clan, sure though. Either way, the best part is really the camaraderie, the planning, the strategy, doing one's part etc.

I know the mechanisms for teamwork aren't necessarily altogether there in xsyon at the moment. Still, I think that you can draw people in who like competitive play through the events they had organized. Would have to be an in-game carrot of some kind, can't hurt, but meaning can come from many directions. Including taking someone else's stuff, yes, but certainly not exclusively.

I think part of the problem with the pvp events I've seen is just lack of pvp population. Had there been more variety in opponents, with more variety of efficacy rendering it possible to have more variety in victor, it would help a lot.

I'd be kind of surprised there aren't people in the mmorpg world that aren't into competitive play purely for the gamesmanship and sportsmanship of it. I join scrims with my clan a few times a week even though there's nothing to "win" per se. I have a great time. Sometimes we rock, other times... not so much, but you learn from those and practice differently to prepare. I know there's templates, but they mustn't necessarily be followed I guess is what I'm saying.

Well a major point is the lack of people to fight and the quality of the fighting. As for lack of motivation that is also huge, I currently only do my 3 warzone wins a day on SWTOR because there is no rating system, or way to queue with a full premade. Open world PvP is much easier to be satisfied with, without motivation for kills.