Permissions & Lock Settings

The lock settings locks out even people with the right rank to override bin settings

-can open it (with the ability to override permissions)
    -cannot pick it up (due to not being able to override the lock settings)
    -The actual clan leader can override this, but people with the same rank settings need to be able to do it as well
    -If a bin's lock permissions are set to tribe you can pick the bin up - however if bins inside of it have lock settings at private, you can have the bin as your backpack but not be able to pull the bins out of the backpack that have private lock settings - this needs to be addressed as well.

I don't think this is intentional, I hope it's not because the clan leader can't be on 24/7, our members need to be able to get things done - especially if they share the same settings as the clan leader.

I assume this will require another option in the rank settings to show what rank level can override lock settings.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    The lock settings locks out even people with the right rank to override bin settings

-can open it (with the ability to override permissions)
    -cannot pick it up (due to not being able to override the lock settings)
    -The actual clan leader can override this, but people with the same rank settings need to be able to do it as well
    -If a bin's lock permissions are set to tribe you can pick the bin up - however if bins inside of it have lock settings at private, you can have the bin as your backpack but not be able to pull the bins out of the backpack that have private lock settings - this needs to be addressed as well.

I don't think this is intentional, I hope it's not because the clan leader can't be on 24/7, our members need to be able to get things done - especially if they share the same settings as the clan leader.

I assume this will require another option in the rank settings to show what rank level can override lock settings.

I think you mean "permissions" settings not the locks settings.

Locks = Open
    Permissions = Destroy, Pickup, Label

This is working as intended. I talked about it on the test server and they wanted it like that. I agree with you I would like it the other way. I'm the leader of a 100+ person tribe and I have to spend a lot of time running around picking up other peoples baskets in the tribe area because my officers cant do it. (We have 6 officers)

Xsyon said he wanted people to have some control over their items will be safe which is why he did it this way. I'm not sure how this makes the items safe only prevents the basket from being removed.

I think with renting/eviction stuff, it will give people permissions to prevent tribe officers (of the tribe the building is in) from going through your stuff, and from them taking things. If they want you out, they would need to evict you.

But right now these baskets are a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I think you mean "permissions" settings not the locks settings.

Locks = Open
    Permissions = Destroy, Pickup, Label

This is working as intended. I talked about it on the test server and they wanted it like that. I agree with you I would like it the other way. I'm the leader of a 100+ person tribe and I have to spend a lot of time running around picking up other peoples baskets in the tribe area because my officers cant do it. (We have 6 officers)

Xsyon said he wanted people to have some control over their items will be safe which is why he did it this way. I'm not sure how this makes the items safe only prevents the basket from being removed.

I think with renting/eviction stuff, it will give people permissions to prevent tribe officers (of the tribe the building is in) from going through your stuff, and from them taking things. If they want you out, they would need to evict you.

But right now these baskets are a pain.
    the problem I had was that the lock was set to private but the permissions were set to tribe use - I could open and take from it but I couldn't pick up the bin even though I had same rank as the clan leader.

This can't be the way! With the right permissions you have to be able to have the tools to run your clan - this takes us right back to pre-launch when bins would get bugged and you couldn't open them or pick them up, it creates a serious problem and will be a major complaint after the next influx of players.

Quote Originally Posted by KeithStone View Post
    the problem I had was that the lock was set to private but the permissions were set to tribe use - I could open and take from it but I couldn't pick up the bin even though I had same rank as the clan leader.

This can't be the way! With the right permissions you have to be able to have the tools to run your clan - this takes us right back to pre-launch when bins would get bugged and you couldn't open them or pick them up, it creates a serious problem and will be a major complaint after the next influx of players.

Lock setting has nothing to do with "pick up" option. If you are getting this problem you should report it as a bug.
    Lock setting is for OPENING (and taking out items from a bin)

I agree that its a problem, with no tools/permissions for leaders to give out settings so people can do things. Like gates. Why cant we have officer permissions on gates also?

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon
    1) Permissions and Locks. Container objects now have two settings, permissions and locks.

Permissions allow a group (tribe, friends) to:
    - Use
    - Pickup
    - Label
    - Destroy

Locks allow a group (tribe, friends) to:
    - Open
    - Take items
    - Place items

Buildings have only Locks
    Container bins have Permissions and Locks
    Carts have Permissions and Locks
    Container packs and pouches have Permissions but can’t belocked.

Locks can be overridden in these cases:
    - If the player carrying the container is dead, for looting.You can now loot properly on tribal land.
    - By tribe rank permissions (access all containers).
    - Bins are currently safe on Public Land, but this safety will be removed when we start Tribe Decay.

When you are accessing a bin by overriding locks, you will receive a message from the server. In some cases this will affect alignment in the future.

Exceptions to the rules:
    - Carts currently can be Used only by the owner.

I wanted to repost that from the updates page/thread.