Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    I kind of would have thought people who wanted more conflict and a reason to fight would like option #1?

I get the thing about placing totems near each other for a village and option #2 might seem like it would go against that but the homesteaders I know are such because we like our space
    Or have an option for homesteads to join together and form small villages.

This discussion is getting a bit off track. I do like the ideas about having totems require upkeep, but that is something we plan to look into after the first round of totem decay runs. We also have some plans on how to deal with tribes full of inactive players, but these are also for the future. Right now we're just trying to implement Tribe growth as it was originally planned, then we'll continue with other pertinent features.

For now, I will clarify the changes.

- Initial tribe placement will not be changed.

- Tribes will be able to upgrade type without abandoning and forming a new Tribe. The radius of these expanded Tribe will be able to grow only if unimpeded by nearby Tribes.

We are testing two options:
    1) Tribes can grow in radius, blocked by nearby Tribes CURRENT radius.
    2) Tribes can grow in radius, blocked by nearby Tribes MAXIMUM growth radius (based on the CURRENT type of the nearby Tribes).

Right now the Test Server is running with Option 2. This Option has the least impact or difference from what is currently in game. The main goal is to allow growing Tribes to increase their type and size (if space allows) without pulling up and replanting a totem.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    This discussion is getting a bit off track.
    Yup we totally derailed this thread. I would pick option 2 if for no other reason to avoid people getting upset with someone encroaching too close and preventing them from any future expansion.

What's new? Every post in this forum goes off track..hehe

#2 sounds the best to me too

Xsyon Citizen
    #2 is the choice for me too.

#2 for me as well.

Xsyon what about a buffer? Max+buffer?

Also it would upgrade off the current maximum right? Not 200 radius for each? So homesteads max would still be the current size of the starting, Band would start at 30m grow to like what 50m, but no would be able to upgrade near them due to the fact they are reserving the max right?
    Which is sorta like the system we have now, only no auto upgrade for totems. Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    #2 for me as well.

Xsyon what about a buffer? Max+buffer?
    I like the idea of having a buffer zone, no need to have a tribe right up on your walls if your max size.

Xsyon Citizen
    I am all in favor of Option #2. I'm not sure how much extra work it would be, but could it be possible to give tribes the option to allow homesteads within their max growth area? Wurm currently does this and its great for multiple deeds that make up a larger city/town/village. Specifically, we had a deed for our city and another for our farms and yet a third for our harbor. They were spread out due to the mountain terrain we were in so it warranted the need for multiple deeds and Wurm allowed us the option to allow them placed within a closer proximity. Once we put them down then we turned that option off so other ppl couldn't place butting up against our borders. Maybe this could work for Xsyon? Have it so that the main totem with its 225 max range granted permission for homesteads within that range. But then you'd have to figure out a permission system to note which people could and which people couldn't unless you could turn it on just for a totem to drop then turn it off right away. That would allow folks to put down multiple homesteads for a quick and dirty village system.

Simply...
    all totems radius---->200 maximal
    new totem can placed if a Radius of 400 is free ....