Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Ive asked for this many times. Basing the size of the tribe off "# of players" is a bad idea.

Tribes cant control who is active or not, and having a totem full of inactive players holding huge areas of land is not good.

It should be based on a resource system to see who is active, and also allow small tribes to grow however large they want. You can plan out how large you want to be and how long you can hold it. As Ive said other times, this system would have many benefits. Less greifing, players earning a totem so thinking more on how to place it, helps the economy, better planning, not having to zerg to grow etc.
    I must agree on your point, well said.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    welp can always adopt wurms way.
    you havnt forgot that wurm is a F2P game have you ?

Ya buy a token with silvers and silvers are bought with RL cash.
    Now each upgrade will cost ya, upkeep will cost ya, even has a guard to handle the wildlife.
    I like this system, helps the devs with money, and gives the paying players the land they want. in the end every1 wins.
    Not sure it helps devs really much, but I guess Rolf wont tell how much he get in each month
    Lots of people playing wurm, work for other or sell items they crafted
    to get money for the upkeep, instead of buing the silver from Rolf's shop
    here all need to pay the monthly fee

Ofc sub costs would have to drop to make it worth while having, but in the end, the game gains alot of money and people get wat they want. Win-Win. (these silvers are also used to buy items ingame from other players, This type of econ works very well, as long as ya dont take it further then stated.)
    sub cost needs to go away if you want us to have an shop to buy from
    and using shop in game (?) then i say we shall not pay for the game at all,
    so only money that comes in to owner is those from the players that want to suport the owner
    And I guess owner here had to pay back money to all those already bought the game
    like other that start to sell game and then change to F2P with item(money)shop
    nah i dont think its a win win

you prefer some ppl buy gamemoney from the shop and lots of ppl work for other players ingame to get hold of those gamemoney instead of buying from the shop ?
    couse that is the wurmway

and with that way not all people get what they want couse I want a game with monthly fee so I know my cost each month
    or I could have stayed in wurm and help Rolf's wallet get even more fat

just so you all know they do have plans for doing something with inactive players so you can move on to other topics...

Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon View Post
    ...We also have some plans on how to deal with tribes full of inactive players, but these are also for the future.

Sure,------------> points to wurm online. Been workin well for that game for over 5 years now. Id say the system works. Anyhow its just an idea.
    First off, Wurm online doesnt use Xsyon's system nor the system you said it does.

Second, I wouldnt say its working for them at all. They have lost most of the devs working on the project, and its barely staying afloat.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    I think something as simple as tribe size based on "active players" would work. Players that have not logged on in a month (Inactive) still belong to the tribe, but no longer effect tribe size. This would create a direct relationship of active members to tribe size. Few players = smaller tribe area. Many players = larger tribe size.

My problem is, what if you have people that have canceled their accounts?
    What about people that are paying for an account but not logged on?

How are tribe leaders able to judge how large of an area they are to manage based on the # of people actively playing?

How are tribe leaders able to preplan tribe radius? Meaning if they start with 5 people, but expect it to grow to 80 people.

What about tribes that want to stay small in the # of people yet, control a large area? No options for them at all. They must zerg recruit people that they dont even want in their tribe, to use the land.

All around I dont see any solid points of using this system.

The only reason I can see using "active" (whatever active term you want to use) is to give land rights to people actively playing. Well resource system does that. If you want a large area, you actively have to pay the upkeep.

My suggestion would be to use something more like Haven and Hearth's village Authority system (http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Authority). I'm sure in-game activity, or even man-hours logged in, could somehow be used instead of HnH's LP gain system to keep the pool filled. And tribal claim size could be "bought" and maintained with said pool, giving the tribe of 5-10 heavily active players the same amount of spatial influence in the game as the tribe of 50+ hour-a-week players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rykard View Post
    My suggestion would be to use something more like Haven and Hearth's village Authority system (http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Authority). I'm sure in-game activity, or even man-hours logged in, could somehow be used instead of HnH's LP gain system to keep the pool filled. And tribal claim size could be "bought" and maintained with said pool, giving the tribe of 5-10 heavily active players the same amount of spatial influence in the game as the tribe of 50+ hour-a-week players.

Not a fan of a system you cant plan out.
    At least the hourly you can plan a bit. But then again you just have people logging in afk.

I dont see why you dont use a resource system. Its simply, understandable and fits the play style.

first off, they have alot of devs on it atm, donno where ur info is coming from, secondly , I know it has this system, Cuz im using it ingame on wurm. Pay for a big deed, pay for premy monthly. And they have 100x more pop then xsyon. Obviously this system is workin for them. It was just an idea, This is 1 area u cant argue me to death on dude as thats the game i took a break too!..lol. but here lemme break downt he system for ya. Costs 10 euros to get 2 months premuim time. Ya need premy and 10 silver which is 10 more euro's to buy a deed form. Then ya create your deed on the land ya chose, Then ya use Silvers to upgrade the token to your desired size, and then pay the small upkeep fee, which u can choose to have X many guards to protect ya from animals. (amount of guards is dependant on deed size and costs 2s per guard and its 1s upkeep per month.) People spend 100's a month on this game, their is alot of server and the pve hold about 200 actives around the clock who gladly shell the RL cash out for silvers. So yes this system can and does work. Some arent a fan or it and some are. All im saying is This kinda system can benifit xsyon if he ever went that route.

first off, they have alot of devs on it atm, donno where ur info is coming from, secondly , I know it has this system, Cuz im using it ingame on wurm. Pay for a big deed, pay for premy monthly. And they have 100x more pop then xsyon. Obviously this system is workin for them. It was just an idea, This is 1 area u cant argue me to death on dude as thats the game i took a break too!..lol. but here lemme break downt he system for ya. Costs 10 euros to get 2 months premuim time. Ya need premy and 10 silver which is 10 more euro's to buy a deed form. Then ya create your deed on the land ya chose, Then ya use Silvers to upgrade the token to your desired size, and then pay the small upkeep fee, which u can choose to have X many guards to protect ya from animals. (amount of guards is dependant on deed size and costs 2s per guard and its 1s upkeep per month.) People spend 100's a month on this game, their is alot of server and the pve hold about 200 actives around the clock who gladly shell the RL cash out for silvers. So yes this system can and does work. Some arent a fan or it and some are. All im saying is This kinda system can benifit xsyon if he ever went that route.

"Until early 2011 Rolf was the only employee of OneTooFree AB, but recently he has employed two additional developers, Haradur and Wox. On October 12, 2011, OneTwoFree AB was renamed Code Club AB (www.codeclub.se)."

Sited from here
    http://www.wurmonline.com/wiki/index.php?title=Dev

I'm not sure how you know how they have 100x more than Xsyon when you dont even know Xsyon's population. Unless that info was given out and I didnt know about it? Can you tell me where that info is for both?

You dont need premium, or premuim to play it.

Also dont forget the guards cost more if you put them into a war state =P

Again, I wouldnt say Wurm Online is a "success" story of Sandbox games. Not able to pay for the devs for a long time and just now only able to afford a couple more devs. Unlike EVE online, who has something like 500+ employees.
    Also EVE has won many awards.
    EVE also has 10s of thousands of people online, and 100k+ active subs.

Just FYI Ive played WURM online for years myself on and off.
    Ive had both premium and free accounts.

More sited INFO just in case you wanted to know about Devs of EVE.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CCP_Games

Now can you please show me some of your facts and not just your "feelings"?

Maybe to you 1 to 3 devs is a lot, but its not. Also not when you count that a good bit of that time was 1 person.

Guess ur not counting the volunteer devs in the community ethier :-P. Also i can type a command on that game to see how many is on, THis is how i know its pop. and yes u can play for free, but u cant skill past 20 ethier. However, neither of these games arent eve online, they have their own niche form that caters to certain crowds. Now, Go check the wiki on the game and ull see theirs alot more then 3 devs on it. However im not here to promote that game, I'm here simply giving and idea i see works. Which also helps create more funds for the devs to use. Now do you have a way that u can show works to help these hard workin devs to helpem gain more money? If so by all means share the opinion, as thats all this is. And this little bickering moment reminded me why im still on break. (and fyi i played eve bout 6 years now, eves system could work in xsyon, however it would require the entire game to be rewritten for those kinda systems to work here, n that kinda time these devs dont have). So i simply tossed an idea to helpem out.

Guess ur not counting the volunteer devs in the community ethier :-P. Also i can type a command on that game to see how many is on, THis is how i know its pop. and yes u can play for free, but u cant skill past 20 ethier. However, neither of these games arent eve online, they have their own niche form that caters to certain crowds. Now, Go check the wiki on the game and ull see theirs alot more then 3 devs on it. However im not here to promote that game, I'm here simply giving and idea i see works. Which also helps create more funds for the devs to use. Now do you have a way that u can show works to help these hard workin devs to helpem gain more money? If so by all means share the opinion, as thats all this is. And this little bickering moment reminded me why im still on break. (and fyi i played eve bout 6 years now, eves system could work in xsyon, however it would require the entire game to be rewritten for those kinda systems to work here, n that kinda time these devs dont have). So i simply tossed an idea to helpem out.

Didnt see the command to show how many people are playing Xsyon.

Didn't know we were counting people that were not paid and may or may not be working on the game. Those people you see are not all coders or devs. They are also helpers. Like guides.

I already said the system. Its a lot like EVE's.

Changing the current system to the one you think works would take a lot of work also. If you are going to change the system why not use the best (or at least better option) of EVE's system? Or closer to EVE's system? Instead of using a system that clearly is not as strong?