Specialization instead of guilds.

Guilds were planned as groups within a tribe that would give a boost to a specific skill. For example a bonecrafters guild and all members receive a bonus based on the combined bonecraft skill of the members.
    Why not just allow people to Specialize in one(crafting) or two(gathering) skills and get the same effect ?

I'm concerned about this guilds thing also.

I'm the leader of a very large tribe. We have many crafters and players in our tribe. What it looks like to me is its going to be zerg to win with these guilds.

I'm concerned that you will want to keep adding people to get your guilds with a large pool of skill points to make better or more powerful items. I dont like that system, not because I cant adept to it, but because it doesnt promote other players from being part of the economy. It just promotes everyone to join the largest tribes to keep getting stronger, larger tribes will get more players thus getting stonger, and the spiral of this effect keeps getting worse.

I agree I would like to see specialized crafting but not the way you are talking. I would like to see say a weaponcraft picking "Blades" as their specialized craft of choice. They can still make all weapons but blades they would do say 20% better than other weapons they make. Or even better, they make all other weapons at 90% effect, but blades they make at 120% effect (assuming they are maxed)

This will promote trading and teamwork without the need to zerg. It still allows homesteaders to make all the items just not the best of the best etc.

How about we give two specialization points. You can either put it in to one gathering profession or one sub category or a profession like weapon crafting axes.

With gathering professions we could either give a boost to quality. Or we could give a bonus to finding rare items. Or we could let /chose what you got.

I am a big fan of specializing, IMO you should only be able to get 2 resource skills to 100, 2 crafting skills to 100, 2 combat skills to 100 (not including unarmed and armed). As example I do Bonecraft and Leather to 100. My other crafts would be capped at say 50, so if I get Tailoring 50.1 my bonecraft would go to 99.9. This way you could get Tailoring to 100 if you choose too but you have to sacrifice your uberness in another field.

Quote Originally Posted by Azurfale View Post
    I am a big fan of specializing, IMO you should only be able to get 2 resource skills to 100, 2 crafting skills to 100, 2 combat skills to 100 (not including unarmed and armed). As example I do Bonecraft and Leather to 100. My other crafts would be capped at say 50, so if I get Tailoring 50.1 my bonecraft would go to 99.9. This way you could get Tailoring to 100 if you choose too but you have to sacrifice your uberness in another field.
    This I like