Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Try killing a Shadowbear using your tactics with a 1 second old char. Im willing to bet you will lose 90% of the time.

Is it even fun to kill stuff that cant fight you back and isnt risky?
    You could loose with those 10%

Killing animal in a water is not fun but it is beneficial.
    People who are looking for challenge, are against this tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    shrink your hp's down to normal folks hp's. Betcha ud be singing a new tune. Personally animals are fine for me, for u no animal is fine and untill they fix your hps, id say ur opinion on animals attacks should be with held till you are knocked back down to normal hp levels.

This attitude is the problem with the community and largely the game as a whole right now. "I should be able to do everything!" Fact is you shouldn't, you shouldn't be able to solo monstrous mutant animals by yourself. You shouldn't be able to make the finest leather,cloth and bone armor. This game should require multiple people to achieve "great" things but not basic things.

There should be animals that require multiple players to kill IMO, a person who wants to make the best quality leather armor shouldn't be able to make top quality twine as well. Forcing people to interact for sub-combines or work together to take down giant animals is good for the game. Every little mechanic change that gets you to deal with another player is a good thing.

The things above build community,stimulate an economy and in general will help to remove some of the empty feeling this game world has. You should be able to do all basic things on your own. But there should be "tiers" (I know it's a dirty word) of quality or even select items that you can't do if you're not someone who has chosen to specialize in that ability/skill/profession.

Quote Originally Posted by banden View Post
    Xsyon stated that it is a bug, but its a valid tactic. Which basicly translates into "yeah, its an exploit but we cant enforce it."
    ^^this.

It's a bug. It's not supposed to be this way. It's not going to stay this way. I'm sure they'd rather not have to deal with it in the middle of polishing other features like totem decay but... whatcha gonna do.

Easiest thing to do for the time being is say "yeah sure, valid...don't get used to it and prepare yourself for the emotional trauma when it changes..." and then they can get back to work on whatever they're focused on. Blip on the radar in the long run.

Oneeyed, sup...
    Feels like kind of a different topic since this whole animal in water thing is really just a temporary fluke but...
    Player interaction and cooperation is indeed awesome to have and the more the better, however, I'd really like to stress :
    Anything that encourages players to work together = good.
    Anything that forces players to work together = bad.
    May not seem like a very important distinction but good will yield better result than bad, because bad... is dumb.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by oneyedwang View Post
    This attitude is the problem with the community and largely the game as a whole right now. "I should be able to do everything!" Fact is you shouldn't, you shouldn't be able to solo monstrous mutant animals by yourself. You shouldn't be able to make the finest leather,cloth and bone armor. This game should require multiple people to achieve "great" things but not basic things.

There should be animals that require multiple players to kill IMO, a person who wants to make the best quality leather armor shouldn't be able to make top quality twine as well. Forcing people to interact for sub-combines or work together to take down giant animals is good for the game. Every little mechanic change that gets you to deal with another player is a good thing.

The things above build community,stimulate an economy and in general will help to remove some of the empty feeling this game world has. You should be able to do all basic things on your own. But there should be "tiers" (I know it's a dirty word) of quality or even select items that you can't do if you're not someone who has chosen to specialize in that ability/skill/profession.
    You sound more like "CLASS SYSTEM" lucky us this isn't that game, I was always been looking for such games, where I could have freedom to do everything I want, and the only limit is the time.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    You sound more like "CLASS SYSTEM" lucky us this isn't that game, I was always been looking for such games, where I could have freedom to do everything I want, and the only limit is the time.
    A class system forces you to pick a specialization when you create your character, he didnt say anything like that, people should need to specialize to be effective, noone is saying we should be locked into specializations. If you cant understand half of what people are saying you shouldnt post replies to them.

Xsyon Citizen
    A class system forces you to pick a specialization when you create your character, he didnt say anything like that, people should need to specialize to be effective, noone is saying we should be locked into specializations. If you cant understand half of what people are saying you shouldnt post replies to them.
    """ This attitude is the problem with the community and largely the game as a whole right now. "I should be able to do everything!" Fact is you shouldn't, you shouldn't be able to solo monstrous mutant animals by yourself. You shouldn't be able to make the finest leather,cloth and bone armor. """

To me this sound like "CLASS SYSTEM".
    If you restrict someone from doing everything? then it is a class system.

""" This attitude is the problem with the community and largely the game as a whole right now. "I should be able to do everything!" Fact is you shouldn't, you shouldn't be able to solo monstrous mutant animals by yourself. You shouldn't be able to make the finest leather,cloth and bone armor. """

To me this sound like "CLASS SYSTEM".
    If you restrict someone from doing everything? it is a class system.
    You can do EVERYTHING. Just not a once. That is not a class system, that is specialization.

Xsyon Citizen
    You can do EVERYTHING. Just not a once. That is not a class system, that is specialization.
    What if I want to specialize in all skills and expect to have best results, like crafting best weapons, armor, tools? etc.....
    Why do I have to be restricted to limited skills?
    With the right tactic and the right tools I can be "EVERYTHING".

What if I want to specialize in all skills and expect to have best results, like crafting best weapons, armor, tools? etc.....
    Why do I have to be restricted to limited skills?
    You can be a jack of all trades, mediocre at everything or be awesome at a few specialties. You shouldnt be awesome at everything.

Xsyon Citizen
    You can be a jack of all trades, mediocre at everything or be awesome at a few specialties. You shouldnt be awesome at everything.
    For this you need to restrict people from leveling Attributes whatever attributes they choose at creation that will determent their future specialties, otherwise everyone will be "everything" in time.