Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    Off topic (Since that seems to be the current trend here LOL)
    I would also like to see Night time darker and a need for torches while traveling. Night time travel should be the scariest!!! I have to look at map time or the sky to tell if it is night time or just cloudy.
    "Oh look, there are stars, it must be night time"
    It must be your setting my night time is very dark i can't see anything very well.

I would like to see an agro adjustment for water, but NOT a safe zone. For instance have agro Range and agro Hate drop by something like 50% or so if you are standing or swimming in water. This would allow you to use water strategically while traveling or hunting. Add to that a working "Hide" skill and that would drop agro range and hate even more allowing you a chance to move past creatures you think you can't kill or don't want to bother with. However if YOU attack the animal first then agro is 100% and you either win or lose the fight. But to make it a safe zone will just take the adventure out of adventuring.
    Traveling and hunting smart = adventuring, Safe = boring and no challenge.

Again I am NOT scared in this game and I want to be.
    This right here hits the nail on the head for me. A 1 second old player loads into the game and they are able to skill any animal with ease. They are not scared of them, they just drag them to water and proceed to kill them without fear of anything.

New players should want to fear leaving the nest early on in the game. If they run out to the mist, it should be a very very dangerous trip. Something they should be fearful of and need to plan to get it right, maybe bring some friends for protection.

Stop trying to baby these new players and allowing them to ruin the game for everyone else. We want it harder to survive, give us that challenge. We want animals that take a few people to team up and tactically fight to win. Then reward them for it.

Off topic (Since that seems to be the current trend here LOL)
    I would also like to see Night time darker and a need for torches while traveling. Night time travel should be the scariest!!! I have to look at map time or the sky to tell if it is night time or just cloudy.
    "Oh look, there are stars, it must be night time"
    One thing a lot of people didnt want is night so dark they couldnt play really. I think Xsyon is fine at night. If you want it darker turn your gamma down on your monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    One thing a lot of people didnt want is night so dark they couldnt play really. I think Xsyon is fine at night. If you want it darker turn your gamma down on your monitor.
    Pointless when I would be the only person at a disadvantage with no torch to light the way.

My point is the most scared I have been in a game (adrenaline pumped) is in a Dark dungeon with a torch that only lights about 25 feet in front of you. Everquest had torches for dungeons and caves, even Irth did and it made the game more fun when night hunting. You could also see other people and parties moving at a distance which makes PVP a blast at night.

Now I'm not saying night should be dark to where you can't see without a torch since there are no dungeons or deep caves. I live in Colorado and have done night hikes up to the continental divide starting at 10,000 feet hiking to over 13,000 feet without needing a flashlight most of the way. I could see very well by moonlight. But if cloud cover were to come in or a new Moon we would have had to pull out the headlights.

I like a challenge and I want adventure! Try PVP in the dark under torchlight sometime, it's a blast!!

Xsyon Citizen
    New players should want to fear leaving the nest early on in the game.
    You seem to forget something here MrDDT.
    Setting-up in new area with no resources no roof, no fence is a dangerous for new players, maybe it's not scary/dangerous for you having that armor and 300 HP, fence, own roof, but for new player it is.
    If you want challenge? look for shadow bears and challenge them alone.
    Animals should not enter water to pursue players, that will fix problem with animals not being to fight back, because they won't enter water to chase players.
    I am shocked, you people don't have anything else to do, planing these monitoring systems? to make game-play impossible for new players.
    If you're not satisfied with the system that is setup for all? then ask for hardcore server and then make it harder 3-5-10 times of current system.

Pointless when I would be the only person at a disadvantage with no torch to light the way.

My point is the most scared I have been in a game (adrenaline pumped) is in a Dark dungeon with a torch that only lights about 25 feet in front of you. Everquest had torches for dungeons and caves, even Irth did and it made the game more fun when night hunting. You could also see other people and parties moving at a distance which makes PVP a blast at night.

Now I'm not saying night should be dark to where you can't see without a torch since there are no dungeons or deep caves. I live in Colorado and have done night hikes up to the continental divide starting at 10,000 feet hiking to over 13,000 feet without needing a flashlight most of the way. I could see very well by moonlight. But if cloud cover were to come in or a new Moon we would have had to pull out the headlights.

I like a challenge and I want adventure! Try PVP in the dark under torchlight sometime, it's a blast!!

Mortal Online had this, and I would say most people didnt like it, not even a little bit. It was horrid for play.

Plus no matter how dark you make it in game, you can always have people turn up the gamma so they can see without a torch. So you would just give the advantage from people that didnt change it to the people that did.

If you like it darker in game, I feel you should turn down your gamma as most people dont want to have to change their settings to play a game. When most people dont want it dark.

I agree it does add something to the game, but the loss it takes away is too great.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    You seem to forget something here MrDDT.
    Setting-up in new area with no resources no roof, no fence is a dangerous for new players, maybe it's not scary/dangerous for you having that armor and 300 HP, fence, own roof, but for new player it is.
    If you want challenge? look for shadow bears and challenge them alone.
    Animals should not enter water to pursue players, that will fix problem with animals not being to fight back, because they won't enter water to chase players.
    I am shocked, you people don't have anything else to do, planing these monitoring systems? to make game-play impossible for new players.
    If you're not satisfied with the system that is setup for all? then ask for hardcore server and then make it harder 3-5-10 times of current system.

Znaiika, I cant kill them alone unless I use the water tactic then its not even a challenge.

No one is saying it should be impossible for new players. They should just stay near safe areas until they get a handle on the game. Can you tell me any game where new players can kill the hardest stuff in the game?

Please tell me 1 game where a guy just starting to play can walk into the game and kill the hardest stuff in the game?

Znaiika you also forget that I have a few accounts. So I can see it from brand new, to maxed out.

Xsyon Citizen

Please tell me 1 game where a guy just starting to play can walk into the game and kill the hardest stuff in the game?

Znaiika you also forget that I have a few accounts. So I can see it from brand new, to maxed out.
    Usually most games have leveled zones, noob would start in zone that correspond with his level and always have something to hunt for, usually same creatures but different levels in different zones, and then there are bosses for group challenge.
    Xsyon is a sandbox game, and that is the difference, all leveled creature are mixed, as Xsyon said animals should not stay and fight in water there is a land for that.
    Water can be useful for noobs to get in to safety if they don't have fences.

Usually most games have leveled zones, noob would start in zone that correspond with his level and always have something to hunt for, usually same creatures but different levels in different zones, and then there are bosses for group challenge.
    Xsyon is a sandbox game, and that is the difference, all leveled creature are mixed, as Xsyon said animals should not stay and fight in water there is a land for that.
    Water can be useful for noobs to get in to safety if they don't have fences.

I think you are missing the whole point.

New players shouldnt be killing the hardest animals in the game. Please tell me 1 game where new players fight the hardest animals without any risk?

Noobs do start in areas where its safer for their levels. The starting areas have less animals than other areas. Not sure if you knew this or not.

Plus Founders Isle is free of all PVP too.

Xsyon Citizen
    New players shouldnt be killing the hardest animals in the game.
    Yes I understand that, all I'm saying is, animals should not follow player in to a water, not for fighting, if you think you can kill animal you should use tactics on a ground.

Yes I understand that, all I'm saying is, animals should not follow player in to a water, not for fighting, if you think you can kill animal you should use tactics on a ground.

I can understand that but I dont agree with that. Water shouldnt be a safety area for no combat. New players shouldnt be in areas they cant handle. If they are fighting animals they cant handle they should go back to the starting areas where they are better protected.

Having said that, animals not going into the water would be a good start to fixing this problem.

I remember the initial cluelessness and fear of being new. Definitely fun.

It was great having to keep an eye out, go a little ways, hide behind a tree, get a good vantage point etc...

I also remember staring at my thirst bar thinking "Oh great, I'm going to die of thirst surrounded by water because I can't seem to cup my hands together."

I'm not sure what their plans are for fixing the water thing. I mean, say they expand the map due to mass influx of players before they get mounts out? Might make sense not to necessarily have to die on the opposite side of the map.
    Not to mention the number of complaints we'll get about people never leaving the safer areas...

Guess I'm just in a wait and see hovering pattern on this one. It's not the type of thing that would make me ragequit or hurry back either way.