Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    Not exactly true, next to my tribe aren't any animals, I went hunting further in the mountains little animals too.
    Seams like you never leave your castle and thus don't know how it is up in the mountains.
    Again another comment because you don't understand the game.
    I don't get how you say I don't leave my castle. First I have psted videos of me and my tribe hunting many times.

Second is all the zones near my tribe is clear of animals. Do you know what that means? It mean zero animals. Not a few, or some. Zero!

Next is if you read what is going on, is we travel for hours hunting to kill animals. Last night I traveled 10 zones and killed 1 animal.

I don't have a choice to not kill animals because if I leave one behind I wouldn't have killed anything in 2 hours of tavelling.

I understand the game better than anyone you will talk to.

Again why do you think there is no animals in my area? Because we cleared them out.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    If this is what you can say about this thread then why bother saying anything? You are offending people and I am surprised that no Guides giving you a warning.
    Did you watch the clip? Did you understand the clip?

And in infraction club, you dont talk about infractions.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I don't get how you say I don't leave my castle. First I have psted videos of me and my tribe hunting many times.

Second is all the zones near my tribe is clear of animals. Do you know what that means? It mean zero animals. Not a few, or some. Zero!

Next is if you read what is going on, is we travel for hours hunting to kill animals. Last night I traveled 10 zones and killed 1 animal.

I don't have a choice to not kill animals because if I leave one behind I wouldn't have killed anything in 2 hours of tavelling.

I understand the game better than anyone you will talk to.

Again why do you think there is no animals in my area? Because we cleared them out.
    I can attest to this, I have run from my totem, past his totem, 6 more boards past his totem, and I have seen a grand total over 12 grids, 6 animals. 3 in my zone, and 3 in the mountains 6 boards away from his.

The most I have seen was 10 in one zone, it was 5 Douglas Squirrels, and 3 Bears, 2 plateback hamsters.

one thing i disagree with is difficulty. You say animals are easy to solo but thats because you been playin ages and your maxed. Where as people like me die to a rat. 1v1. even if i start with full strength

Quote Originally Posted by MGStewart View Post
    one thing i disagree with is difficulty. You say animals are easy to solo but thats because you been playin ages and your maxed. Where as people like me die to a rat. 1v1. even if i start with full strength
    You try using the water tactic? You take no damage. I can use a poor QL starter knife naked and kill a 12 year old Shadowbear. Its really fun you should try it. Start out with like 5 blades skill end up with like 30 blades skill, without taking 1 point of damage.

Anyone can do it.

I think revenants will indeed add a lot to PVE. It's kind of a fine distinction between zombies and revenants, I'm not entirely sure the distinction completely applies here beyond merely vocabulary. I won't know that until I see how revenants behave. Kind of an anthropological question which we'll have to study in the field. I presume they won't make nice, but revenants, by definition, are not necessarily evil. Zombies, being simply the body of an ex-human controlled by a supernatural force for evil purposes only (again, by definition), are indeed evil.

A revenant is essentially best understood by francophone individuals who know the word "revenir." That's all it is. It is a person who has come back, most often as a spirit or ghost. Of course, if I am killed, and a revenant spawns, then clearly that revenant can't be me. To make sure there is no misunderstanding, the revenant can't be me because I am me. There is only one of me, and the revenant necessarily having to be an individual having come back, I cannot exist as both myself and a revenant. Neither can any of you. It is impossible, it simply cannot exist.

Beckons the question (to me anyway), are the revenants actually people from before the apocalypse coming back? If so, might they have any memories of the past we can only piece together? Are they able to communicate? Organize? Trade? We won't know until contact is made.

Anyway, there's another component that will add to the PVE that hasn't been fully implemented and hasn't really gotten much dev-love in quite some time as far as I know. The idea is to have quest totems so that the citizens of xsyon themselves can create the PVE (or PVP) content. There are many things about the game to fill out before that becomes a viable option though.

also, could we please stop with the whole "stop posting, leave the game, and other assorted unpleasantries? It really makes the community look childish and annoying to potential customers. It is bad for the game. Thanks.

Xsyon Citizen
    First my opinion about PVE content and difficulty ..
    I made a crafter - High DEX, INT, Perception - low AGI, STR, FOR so I dont expect a very high damage output - so with a full swing I achieve about 10.0 points damage - 13 if I manage to get behind an animal. With normal short stabs and swings I make about 3.0 damage...

I can fight a normal coyote and racoons ... a Deer or a Bear are out of reach for me. I managed to lure 2 deers into a river and started to fight them there - after about 15 hits (took me 1-2 minutes) one of them was at 25% health ... so this lovely and quite intelligent deer started to flee - well with low AGI ... I can not really keep it close distance - at least not for the 5-6 swings I have to hit it with. So all I could do is fight those deers for 5 minutes until both fleed (up a slope I could not climb btw) - and so fast that I could not follow. Nevertheless I survived...
    If MrDDT (or any other hunter/fighter with Hunting/Fighting gear) says that all animals are solo possible - well not for me and my crafter character - which is probably also due to my low understanding of how combat works in Xsyon (I dont want to learn it - so I dont hunt ...) - but as a Master Basketry Crafter - I need to get grass materials - and the PVE encounters I have are totally sufficient for me.

Second (sry for the long post): PVE Content - and User Quests: just 2 days ago I added a quest on the totem and another player used that quest to get what he wanted (a pair of pliers). It worked just fine - and I wondered why very few people use that system... here is what I came up with:
    1) Most active players have sucessfully enclosed their land with baricades and most totems are out of reach for other players (due to the animals we had to create "Safe places") - not everyone of us has managed to clean out several zones ... So getting to a totem is not so easy -
    2) It works only with small things (like tools, armor, patterns) - cause what would someone do with - lets say 300 bricks - at a foreign totem ? how would someone transport them home - on the other hand - say I want to trade for foragers cart axle ... those things are heavy - who would put up the effort to travel half the map with 3 of the axles to trade them at a totem
    3) Although I open each totem I find on my travels - NONE (I mean not a single one) had any quests - so after some time I stopped looking for quests... A simple feature that would allow people to see where Quests are definied - would attract more people to do those quests - resulting in more people creating quests (at least I believe so). I hope only the best for the rework on the quest system!

PVE content could be there - people are not using the full potential of what is there already - and thats why there is less PVE than there could be...

Quote Originally Posted by tomduril View Post
    Second (sry for the long post): PVE Content - and User Quests: just 2 days ago I added a quest on the totem and another player used that quest to get what he wanted (a pair of pliers). It worked just fine - and I wondered why very few people use that system... here is what I came up with:
    1) Most active players have sucessfully enclosed their land with baricades and most totems are out of reach for other players (due to the animals we had to create "Safe places") - not everyone of us has managed to clean out several zones ... So getting to a totem is not so easy -
    2) It works only with small things (like tools, armor, patterns) - cause what would someone do with - lets say 300 bricks - at a foreign totem ? how would someone transport them home - on the other hand - say I want to trade for foragers cart axle ... those things are heavy - who would put up the effort to travel half the map with 3 of the axles to trade them at a totem
    3) Although I open each totem I find on my travels - NONE (I mean not a single one) had any quests - so after some time I stopped looking for quests... A simple feature that would allow people to see where Quests are definied - would attract more people to do those quests - resulting in more people creating quests (at least I believe so). I hope only the best for the rework on the quest system!
    Now that you have brought the quest system into the topic you are right most people do have there totems enclosed with walls. It would be nice to see an item/structure that you could build outside of your walls that would handle these things. Kind of like an extension of your totem you could place anywhere

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegan View Post
    Now that you have brought the quest system into the topic you are right most people do have there totems enclosed with walls. It would be nice to see an item/structure that you could build outside of your walls that would handle these things. Kind of like an extension of your totem you could place anywhere
    Something like Bulletin board.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    also, could we please stop with the whole "stop posting, leave the game, and other assorted unpleasantries? It really makes the community look childish and annoying to potential customers. It is bad for the game. Thanks.

I think most of us would stop that, if it werent for the inundation of asinine haphazard suggestions by a certain individual.

Quote Originally Posted by tomduril View Post
    First my opinion about PVE content and difficulty ..
    I made a crafter - High DEX, INT, Perception - low AGI, STR, FOR so I dont expect a very high damage output - so with a full swing I achieve about 10.0 points damage - 13 if I manage to get behind an animal. With normal short stabs and swings I make about 3.0 damage...

I can fight a normal coyote and racoons ... a Deer or a Bear are out of reach for me. I managed to lure 2 deers into a river and started to fight them there - after about 15 hits (took me 1-2 minutes) one of them was at 25% health ... so this lovely and quite intelligent deer started to flee - well with low AGI ... I can not really keep it close distance - at least not for the 5-6 swings I have to hit it with. So all I could do is fight those deers for 5 minutes until both fleed (up a slope I could not climb btw) - and so fast that I could not follow. Nevertheless I survived...
    If MrDDT (or any other hunter/fighter with Hunting/Fighting gear) says that all animals are solo possible - well not for me and my crafter character - which is probably also due to my low understanding of how combat works in Xsyon (I dont want to learn it - so I dont hunt ...) - but as a Master Basketry Crafter - I need to get grass materials - and the PVE encounters I have are totally sufficient for me.

1) You didnt note anything on the skill level of your combat which makes up most of the damage in your attacks.
    2) Weapons being used? Armor being used? (These really dont matter because you dont get hurt and you have all the time in the world to kill it)
    2) Basic math tells you that you would do more damage in the back than 13 when you do 10 to the front.
    3) Even with high AGI people cant catch fleeing deer, you just wait for them to run a a second they will stop and you can easy kill them.
    4) If it takes you 1 to 2 mins to attack 15 times, you are afk or just chilling for most of that time.
    5) You are a crafter toon and clearly you dont want to learn to fight, thus saying you cant fight them isnt the same as you dont want to learn to. Under the current PVE setting anyone can kill any animal without fear very easy.

None the less if this is difficult to you, its because you dont want to learn to play. It would be like someone saying they dont want to charge up their weapons to attack something and saying animals are too hard.

About PVE quest totems. Different topic. Adding quests on totems isnt going to change the amount of PVE in the game nor the fun level of the combat.