Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Xsyon Citizen

Totem drop and removal time.

Totem should available to remove after dropping, in about 1 month of the real time, to avoid people dropping them, destroy the land and move on.

I don't like the idea of one month at all but destroyed land will always be an issue with a sandbox game like this. It would be nice if there was a way that the server could revert the land back to its original form after a while but i'm not sure this is doable or not. Sure if you want to settle the land you can just redo it the way you like but the way that terraforming is you cant put back in the natural slope the land had when it was pristine.

I agree with a long timer but a month is excessive. 24hrs might be better. You have to remember with no totem that the player leaves themselves at risk with no safe area and a death would result in being back at Founder's Isle.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurfale View Post
    I agree with a long timer but a month is excessive. 24hrs might be better. You have to remember with no totem that the player leaves themselves at risk with no safe area and a death would result in being back at Founder's Isle.
    Actually, when you drop totem? it would be one month before you could remove it, but when you remove totem you could place it in another area after few seconds of removal, that way you don't have to fear of not being safe.
    I hope you understand what I am saying.

Even with that system 1 month is still too long.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurfale View Post
    Even with that system 1 month is still too long.
    It would stop totem abuse who have more then one accounts, or at least slow them down.

I think you would find more people would agree with you on this @znaiika if you was to back off the month thing a little bit. Try two weeks or better yet a week. I understand what your wanting to try and fix here but a month is a very long time in a gamers life. Hell a day is a long time to wait.

Try adding more option into your idea like a temp move so that the totem pop back to the LOC but giving people time to work the land it was standing on. or add a short rang totem move option. Say 100m or something, This would let tribes(Homesteaders, clan's, And what ever) to work with each othere as now tribe lands can grow. Giving shorter reset times on this type of totem moves would help on the longer delete totem reset timer.

I think people would be more willing to agree to having delete totem to have a long(er) reset timer of a week or two with the other options to play with. This would help the tribes that are not trying to troll other people land, To be able to help the tribes close to them. By moving a 100m or so giving room for the tribe close to them without anyone having to delete there tribe to move over some and start all over. I can think of a few tribes right now that my tribe would love to buy some of there land so that our tribe could grow.

Xsyon Citizen
    @ aliksteel.
    All valid points, this is what forum is for, to discus things for the future of the game.

first time 6 hours, 2nd 2 weeks, 3rd time 30 days , 4th time 60 days etc, More times ya remove higher the timer goes and longer ya must wait n leave it down. This idea gives ya ample time to get ur totem right and prevents spammage.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy21007 View Post
    first time 6 hours, 2nd 2 weeks, 3rd time 30 days , 4th time 60 days etc, More times ya remove higher the timer goes and longer ya must wait n leave it down. This idea gives ya ample time to get ur totem right and prevents spammage.
    Combining this with aliksteel suggestion.
    I agree.