Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    I've been on the old forum too. Our registration date shows the date we registered there, not on this new board. Actually I've been here since the first day they started their homepage. Have you been with the game before any forum were opened and any website was started ? If yes, the 3 years might be right (in case Saorlan were there too). Otherwise it was only 2 years. But no doubt the game launched only 1 year ago.

1) No these forums dont take the hold forum date.
    2) Yes there was stuff before these forums and this website.

These forums much later than the other stuff, which is why some of us have the same registered date.

Quote Originally Posted by Book View Post
    Are you disappointed with the rate of development, or with the development priorities implemented?

What I mean is, say carts were never even looked at but that time had been spent on throwing something... would you still be making this post?
    Or if instead of the architecture improvements, well, you get the idea.

I don't get the idea this is a matter of someone collecting monthly fees to spend on pina coladas on the beach. I think this is a project hanging by its teeth financially and development taking more time than I'd like is preferable to shutting the server down entirely.

As long as the server stays up, and I really have no legitimate reason to believe it won't, I can take a break to play other games and come back every so often to enjoy the changes that have been made.

For example, 36.2 seconds to load up the game is absolutely an awesome improvement!
    Or when organizing my next move, a big cart will make it so much better than before... etc.

One last thing because I just have to say it Scripting vs. coding vs. programming and so on... don't knock scripting languages They are often more powerful than it would appear on the surface, and have evolved greatly over the years.

I lied, this one is the last thing, one quick word on zombies/revenants since they were mentioned. The first time I heard they were coming, I was thinking as Znaiika does now. "Seriously? That overdone concept! Whyyyyy...."

But then I looked at the screenshots on the main page. #107 in particular. The dude in blue, I'm pretty sure, is a revenant. We're not talking about stereotypical zombie out of a really bad 1970's movie. That would indeed be kind of annoying. Instead, I think they will fit into the game and since seeing that, I'm looking forward to them... whenever they can implemented to the appropriate standard.

Have fun everybody.

Carts, and the load times are so far the only major things Ive seen.

Carts took a while, I agree with that they were and are much needed.

Loadtimes took not very long to fix after how long of saying it was a major problem?

When I see new things added like new posts when we already have 15+ different types of them. It gets me upset. Stop focusing on the new walls, roofs, posts etc. Fix the major issues in the game. Economy, fun factor, AI, contested items, boring crafting, balancing 90% of the game.

I think you're getting things confused there DDT and here is why. Graphic improvements like new models take some coding but Most of that is already in and nothing new really has to be wrote. You'll always see models, sounds, and textures making their way in a lot more often than major code changes/balances or completely new features as those take more time and testing before implementing.

You're asking for the impossible and screaming and crying because it's not getting done quick enough for you. Totem decay is coming but load time improvements along with fixing lag spikes is key before that as are you going to do mass emails just to chase away returning players who will just say that they are lagging or loading like before. Complaining on here or sending out emails complaining about this or that is just eatting up time that the devs could spend coding than answering those who don't understand that some things are going to take less time to add than others and sitting in game for 3 days complaining about posts or attacking animals in water doesn't solve a thing. All that did was force a lot of us to turn off global chat and just ignore your rants along with two others who decided to jump on board.

I like the current gameplay and maybe I just understand things are going to take time and some will have priority over others for various reasons none of which I'm sure Xsyon will make known but that's fine as I completely get what is going on. Take a break and wait as you said in your recruitment topic, we'll be here when you come back.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    I think you're getting things confused there DDT and here is why. Graphic improvements like new models take some coding but Most of that is already in and nothing new really has to be wrote. You'll always see models, sounds, and textures making their way in a lot more often than major code changes/balances or completely new features as those take more time and testing before implementing.

You're asking for the impossible and screaming and crying because it's not getting done quick enough for you. Totem decay is coming but load time improvements along with fixing lag spikes is key before that as are you going to do mass emails just to chase away returning players who will just say that they are lagging or loading like before. Complaining on here or sending out emails complaining about this or that is just eatting up time that the devs could spend coding than answering those who don't understand that some things are going to take less time to add than others and sitting in game for 3 days complaining about posts or attacking animals in water doesn't solve a thing. All that did was force a lot of us to turn off global chat and just ignore your rants along with two others who decided to jump on board.

I like the current gameplay and maybe I just understand things are going to take time and some will have priority over others for various reasons none of which I'm sure Xsyon will make known but that's fine as I completely get what is going on. Take a break and wait as you said in your recruitment topic, we'll be here when you come back.
    Well said Zookeeper. About every 3 months or so he gets his panties in a bunch and proceeds rant and insults the developers for a few weeks, then goes back to MrSmoochy when he needs to recruit more peons again.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    1) No these forums dont take the hold forum date.
    2) Yes there was stuff before these forums and this website.

These forums much later than the other stuff, which is why some of us have the same registered date.
    The game was publicly announced in January, 2010. Preorder started in March, 2010. So Saorlan bought the game back then. This forum was started somewhere in October-November in 2010, before that the old forum was working, so our registered date is coming from the old forum.
    I'm sure there were stuffs before this website and forum, but it wasn't open for public. So if Saorlan is not part of the development team or one of their friends he must have met the game when it was announced, and that was 2 years ago. There was 1 year beta (for a while it was called early access) and another year since launch.

How is asking for things like economy, combat, fun factor etc being added/fixed "impossible" if those are impossible, then I doubt anyone is going to be playing. The current numbers are likely to stick.

What is "coming" is a long list that has been said for months. Totem decay has been coming for 6 months.

If these threads are eating up the dev time they should stop adding things like posts, walls, roofs to the game and focus the important stuff.

Fixing animals in water is a major issue, a lot more important than a new post in game.

You are one of the very few who like the current game play, which is shown by how many people are quitting the game.

Many Improvements

To the Original Post.

I have seen constant updates and improvements since I started.

Off the top of my head:

*There was a lot of time spent on balancing combat. I remember it seemed like that was the entire focus for quite some time last year.
    *There were a lot of DC's and crashes last year that had taken much time to fix.
    *Tree spawn was added. Seeds drop, saplings spawn and grow into large trees.
    *Many new (mutated) creatures were added.
    *Animal AI has seen huge improvements.
    *There has been tons of new architecture designs introduced and this is in keeping with the original model rebuilding a constantly evolving new world.
    *Resource distribution had seen a lot of adjustments.
    *New Wainwright Skill (Cart Building)
    *Resource and Forestry skills introduced.
    *New container buildings for storage.
    *Roofs now provide Comfort. (Comfort still not active, but this is part of the process to get there).
    *Icon that shows tribe and tribe leader additional stats as well as temperature.
    *Mini Map added. Shows time and date which was a great addition.
    *Ability to lock and set permissions on containers.
    *Container labeling which is a huge time saver.
    *New chat windows added for various chart modes.
    *Load time cut down to about 1/5 of the prior time.

I'm sure I have missed many things, especially all the little tweaks that go on behind the scene. These things all take time time to sort out and we all know this is a small development team and things have to happen in the right order. I have no complaints about the speed or the order in which these things have come about. Do I still enjoy the game after a year? You bet! Will you enjoy it? No idea. Guess there is one way to find out. Drop $15.00 and give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
    The game was publicly announced in January, 2010. Preorder started in March, 2010. So Saorlan bought the game back then. This forum was started somewhere in October-November in 2010, before that the old forum was working, so our registered date is coming from the old forum.
    I'm sure there were stuffs before this website and forum, but it wasn't open for public. So if Saorlan is not part of the development team or one of their friends he must have met the game when it was announced, and that was 2 years ago. There was 1 year beta (for a while it was called early access) and another year since launch.

It was open to the public, the old forum is NOT updated here, and the posts are not here. It wasnt posted on MMORPG.com until March 2010, Jan 2010 MMOSITE.

Here is one of the emails from the old forums.

To MrDDT@hotmail.com
    From:Xsyon (Virtus32@gmail.com)Sent:Wed 6/04/08 9:12 PMTo: MrDDT@hotmail.com (MrDDT@hotmail.com)

Dear MrDDT,

Welcome to Xsyon
    Your account is currently marked as being inactive, to activate your account please go to the following link ... ...

http://www.xsyon.com/signup.php?acti...436c3d396ba31c

**** If the link doesn't work, please check that part of it has not overflowed onto the next line. ****

Your registration has been received and created with the following login information ......

Username: MrDDT
    Password: *******

Please keep this email for your own information.
    Your password has been encrypted and cannot be retrieved if you misplace or forget it. You can however request a new password if this happens.

Thanks for your registration.

Xsyon
    http://www.xsyon.com/

Xsyon Citizen
    MrDDT?
    Are you sure you know what Mythology is?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mythology

There are nothing related between Mythology and Zombies or Revenants.
    You should research first before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    How is asking for things like economy, combat, fun factor etc being added/fixed "impossible" if those are impossible, then I doubt anyone is going to be playing. The current numbers are likely to stick.

What is "coming" is a long list that has been said for months. Totem decay has been coming for 6 months.

If these threads are eating up the dev time they should stop adding things like posts, walls, roofs to the game and focus the important stuff.

Fixing animals in water is a major issue, a lot more important than a new post in game.

You are one of the very few who like the current game play, which is shown by how many people are quitting the game.
    Not impossible, but impossible for your I need it now time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    To the Original Post.

I have seen constant updates and improvements since I started.

Off the top of my head:

*There was a lot of time spent on balancing combat. I remember it seemed like that was the entire focus for quite some time last year.
    *There were a lot of DC's and crashes last year that had taken much time to fix.
    *Tree spawn was added. Seeds drop, saplings spawn and grow into large trees.
    *Many new (mutated) creatures were added.
    *Animal AI has seen huge improvements.
    *There has been tons of new architecture designs introduced and this is in keeping with the original model rebuilding a constantly evolving new world.
    *Resource distribution had seen a lot of adjustments.
    *New Wainwright Skill (Cart Building)
    *Resource and Forestry skills introduced.
    *New container buildings for storage.
    *Roofs now provide Comfort. (Comfort still not active, but this is part of the process to get there).
    *Icon that shows tribe and tribe leader additional stats as well as temperature.
    *Mini Map added. Shows time and date which was a great addition.
    *Ability to lock and set permissions on containers.
    *Container labeling which is a huge time saver.
    *New chat windows added for various chart modes.
    *Load time cut down to about 1/5 of the prior time.

I'm sure I have missed many things, especially all the little tweaks that go on behind the scene. These things all take time time to sort out and we all know this is a small development team and things have to happen in the right order. I have no complaints about the speed or the order in which these things have come about. Do I still enjoy the game after a year? You bet! Will you enjoy it? No idea. Guess there is one way to find out. Drop $15.00 and give it a try.

Great lets just break down this list.

1)Combat still broken, not balanced, desync, laggy. So it was spent sometime on it only to not get it working, with this system, they removed dodge, and made parry worthless (no one uses it)
    2)Great they fixed this, however, people still crash, most people cant even alt tab out of the game without crashing. Yes its better, but still lot of work needed here.
    3) Tree spawn system did nothing but break a resource in game. Now trees are a pain and not even used to trade at all, before they were used for trading high QL. So it went from bad system (trees not respawning, and devs having to manually update the trees once in a while) to a resource that is not even used.
    4) Great they added mutants, they are cool and all but because the AI is broken in water, not fun. You can kill them without even getting hit in water.
    5) Yep they added a ton of stuff for buildings that add what to the game? Cool looks? They are not useful for anything other than looks.
    6) This system is a good idea, however, again a system that isnt working well at all. You can still find what you want anywhere. If you want leather, no problem, you want metal? no problem. Its a very baby step system of distribution that isnt even really a factor. No one goes into other places to say find "titanium" they just stay in their area scav until they either find it or dont.
    7)Already talked about carts as being a great new system added. They should add decay with it, but thats another line item.
    8)Skills that have no effect on anything other than new stuff to train.
    9)Comfort doesnt work so why are you talking about it? Its a point for me not you.
    10)Temp doesnt work, leader buff tribe buff are cool, however, most of the stats are not working so its only 1/2 a point.
    11)Totally forgot about the mini map, great add much needed and very helpful. Makes the gameplay a lot more fun.
    12)The permissions option was already on baskets, they added a lock option. Which is cool but again broken in many ways.
    13)Love the container labeling. Helps in overall gameplay. Minor patch, major effect.
    14)Chat is horrid at best. Try talking to 2 people in whispers its a nightmare. Windowsize cant be changed, hard to see, transparency goes from hard to see to very hard to see. Tabs help a lot, but because its still so broken I cant count it as a plus yet.
    15)Load in times already said is great, IMO one of the best patches to the overall game. Things like this should be worked out. Now this is off the list what major other issue is being fixed?

Willowhawk didn't you quit for a long time?

The game just isnt "fun" its missing a lot of that. If you like to build you will have some fun for a while, but if you like anything to do with combat, or if you like to hang out with people. I would pass on this for a while. Currently the focus of the devs is on fixing the game so its playable, and adding more tools for people to build a city.

PVP, Looting, Combat, Economy, PVE, Crafting. Its all getting pushed back, and being delayed until these other things can be done. Which is a shame because those are the things that make it fun to most people.

I know a lot of people can deal with crashing once a day if the game is fun. They can deal with not having options that allow them to put up a new color of a wall, or a new roof type. But going out and not having anything to do, being bored because there is no animals to kill, or direction?

Where is the drive for a player to do anything? This game is about survival. Well I dont see how that can be when there is nothing to fear or reason to build something.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    MrDDT?
    Are you sure you know what Mythology is?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mythology

There are nothing related between Mythology and Zombies or Revenants.
    You should research first before posting.

Do you understand what that word says? ANY MYTH buddy. Zombies, ghosts, Revenants, Dragons, Boogieman, Santa. All these are myths.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    Not impossible, but impossible for your I need it now time frame.

I dont think "now" is fair when we've been waiting over a year.