Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: May 15 Release?

Re:May 15 Release?

pid73 wrote:
    one month more waiting is not so bad, at least not for me.
    it would be worse to have a premature release and a great disappointment due to unfinished/unimplemented features...
    I agree. One, two, three months - doesn't matter to me really, as long as the launch is basically smooth. No one expects perfection, that's just unattainable. But solid server/client stability, features basically working, and a minimum of bugs should be expected.

I recon i have 3-4 weeks til i get inn unless there are very few ppl that preorderd before me

Since I am not in game yet I don't know how unpolished the game is.

That being said, it can't be worse than Mortal Online. I thoroughly enjoy it despite all the problems with it.

Darkfall, which I have played since launch, was rough arround the edges but has developed in to a game that is worth playing.

No matter how much time is spent in developement of a MMO there will always be things that need to be fixed, changed, adjusted, etc. I personally feel the sooner we are able to get in the better. Being in the game makes you committed, wanting to watch the polishing if you will. Looking forward to the things that will be introduced as it developes. Which I am sure most of us have seen.

My physophy is: If you want a near perfect gaming experience go to a console game style.

I am lookingforward to getting in the game.
    I preorderd 04.08.2010 so I hope to be in sooner than later.
    Look forward to seeing you there.

pushing te game back is always better than releasing an unfinished game.

People will wait for a game to release, but they will not always give it a second chance if it's bad at release.

I know in Darkfall release was terrible, server crashes constantly, bugs, glitches, falling through the world, 24hour que times to log into the game.

They lost a lot of players who just weren't willing to give it another go.

Shrimps wrote:
    pushing te game back is always better than releasing an unfinished game.

People will wait for a game to release, but they will not always give it a second chance if it's bad at release.

I know in Darkfall release was terrible, server crashes constantly, bugs, glitches, falling through the world, 24hour que times to log into the game.

They lost a lot of players who just weren't willing to give it another go.
    Darkfall had lots of things - queues were not one of them, infact they were one of the better MMO's to deal with queues - the big killer was the player/mob de-sync at release which was exploited to crap for an instant unbalance between players.

At times there were maybe, 2-3 hour queues, which lasted maybe for a few weeks, but not once in my time of playing since release on EU through to a month or two ago on NA, was there a day long queue, or even remotely close.

Regardless, I agree, people will not always give a game a second chance, but despite their moaning, they WILL wait for a game to come out through delays.

I never heard of or saw a day long queue in DF, but 6 to 8 hour ones were actually common during the first few weeks.

Personally, as long as Xsyon can wait to release until it is stable, the planned features are in and working, and fairly bug free, I'll be happy with it. I'm not in that big a hurry.

But right now, it sounds like the server, client, and patcher aren't even stable (let alone bugs and unimplemented features), and launch is two and a half weeks away. That would seem to be a LOT to fix and get in to the game, and debug, in that short of time.

I hope it releases on time

its hard to really tell what state the game is in or how far they'll have to push it back since hardly anything is unlocked/released on the servers yet, no ai yet and half of what is in doesnt work.

Valen wrote:
    its hard to really tell what state the game is in or how far they'll have to push it back since hardly anything is unlocked/released on the servers yet, no ai yet and half of what is in doesnt work.
    Actually, those kinds of issues pretty much define what state the game is in.

I know it sucks waiting, but its better to wait and play a game that works then rush the issue. Once they can get the servers stability to a solid stage, I'm sure they will start enabling more and more content in the game and letting more players in.