Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: May 15 Release?

Re:May 15 Release?

Valen wrote:
    ...and half of what is in doesn't work.
    Explain please? For I fail to see how your logic reached this conclusion.

Relandi wrote:
    Shrimps wrote:
    pushing te game back is always better than releasing an unfinished game.

People will wait for a game to release, but they will not always give it a second chance if it's bad at release.

I know in Darkfall release was terrible, server crashes constantly, bugs, glitches, falling through the world, 24hour que times to log into the game.

They lost a lot of players who just weren't willing to give it another go.
    Darkfall had lots of things - queues were not one of them, infact they were one of the better MMO's to deal with queues - the big killer was the player/mob de-sync at release which was exploited to crap for an instant unbalance between players.

At times there were maybe, 2-3 hour queues, which lasted maybe for a few weeks, but not once in my time of playing since release on EU through to a month or two ago on NA, was there a day long queue, or even remotely close.

Regardless, I agree, people will not always give a game a second chance, but despite their moaning, they WILL wait for a game to come out through delays.
    During the first week of Darkfall me and many other in my clan were having to leave ourselves qued often from one server maintenence to another, I'm not sure why this was but it was certainly not fun.

As for the other posters comment about half of the things not working, I'm curious how you know this, even if you are in game most things haven't been turned on yet.

Valen wrote:
    ...and half of what is in doesn't work.

Explain please? For I fail to see how your logic reached this conclusion.

ok lets see, out of what i've seen what does work is unarmed combat, tailoring, basketry, terraforming and some of toolcraft, from what i can remember all other things are turned off or you cannot acquire the things required to do them basically, like toolcraft/weaponsmithing. firestarting doesnt do anything, hunting/bonecraft will be unavailable understandably till ai is on. and any kind of armed combat doesnt have weapon damage.

Pattern learning has been turned off, so you cant learn to make new tools, weapons, etc.
    Firestarting has not been turned on.
    Hunting has not been turned on, along with fauna.
    Without hunting, it is really hard to get some of the materials.

Because of the interconnected nature of crafting, things dont seem to work, until they are all on.

Even from what you say doesn't work it seems to follow my logic. What isn't working right now seems to be 90% because other things are turned off, not because of an actual problem with it. I'm sure some nice little bugs will show up when everything is turned on though. However, this is the first I've seen the no weapon damage mentioned? Is that turned off or is that a bug?

May 15th was zero day for wiping the servers. Never was stated as a release day. Reread what Jooky posted and you will understand.

Thorbrand wrote:
    May 15th was zero day for wiping the servers. Never was stated as a release day. Reread what Jooky posted and you will understand.
    They have a tendency to stray away from using commonly accepted terminology here. I'm not sure why.

"We've decided to set a final wipe "Year Zero" on May 15th. If necessary we will push this forward until the game is fully ready. Our goal is to continue testing, tweaking and improving Xsyon without forcing a rush to the finish.

For pre-order subscribers the 2 month free game time will begin after this final wipe."

The final wipe after beta play, with free game time starting on the day of the wipe.

Call it whatever you want. Hell, call it a chicken salad sandwich instead of a release if that makes you happy, or for some inexplicable reason you feel the need to obfuscate.

If it looks like a release, and sounds like a release, and acts like a release, then it's a release, by every measureable MMO standard.

Most MMO's take a week after final wipe before release or OB. So assuming May 15th isn't logical. I would have assumed around May 22 or even June 1st myself.

SOFWarrior wrote:
    If it looks like a release, and sounds like a release, and acts like a release, then it's a release, by every measureable MMO standard.
    I agree with SOF here. When I pre-ordered that was my understanding as well. If it is not then they might as well say, 'we will be charging for beta, but the first 2 months will be free'.

OH I agree when I pre-ordered I had the understanding that the game was mostly complete and ready for launch. Now we are testing the game waiting to see if the features make it in. They should however once the server issues are resolved.