Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: May 15 Release?

Re:May 15 Release?

In their defense, they never said the features were all debugged and 100% complete (they said most features were 80% complete). They've been very honest with the state of the game from what I can tell. And, in all honesty, does it really matter what they call it? As long as they keep up the current development effort and good communication after release date I don't see a problem with it.

Edit: I will gladly support this indie company through development with my subscription money as long as they stay honest and open like they have been doing.

SOFWarrior wrote:
    Thorbrand wrote:
    May 15th was zero day for wiping the servers. Never was stated as a release day. Reread what Jooky posted and you will understand.
    They have a tendency to stray away from using commonly accepted terminology here. I'm not sure why.

"We've decided to set a final wipe "Year Zero" on May 15th. If necessary we will push this forward until the game is fully ready. Our goal is to continue testing, tweaking and improving Xsyon without forcing a rush to the finish.

For pre-order subscribers the 2 month free game time will begin after this final wipe."

The final wipe after beta play, with free game time starting on the day of the wipe.

Call it whatever you want. Hell, call it a chicken salad sandwich instead of a release if that makes you happy, or for some inexplicable reason you feel the need to obfuscate.

If it looks like a release, and sounds like a release, and acts like a release, then it's a release, by every measureable MMO standard.
    I want to call it bacon.

Modru Kinslayer wrote:
    SOFWarrior wrote:
    Thorbrand wrote:
    May 15th was zero day for wiping the servers. Never was stated as a release day. Reread what Jooky posted and you will understand.
    They have a tendency to stray away from using commonly accepted terminology here. I'm not sure why.

"We've decided to set a final wipe "Year Zero" on May 15th. If necessary we will push this forward until the game is fully ready. Our goal is to continue testing, tweaking and improving Xsyon without forcing a rush to the finish.

For pre-order subscribers the 2 month free game time will begin after this final wipe."

The final wipe after beta play, with free game time starting on the day of the wipe.

Call it whatever you want. Hell, call it a chicken salad sandwich instead of a release if that makes you happy, or for some inexplicable reason you feel the need to obfuscate.

If it looks like a release, and sounds like a release, and acts like a release, then it's a release, by every measureable MMO standard.
    I want to call it bacon.
    Bacon is overpowered. Too delicious!

I got in last week and I wood say that this game needs a year at least mayby two befor it is ready to go gold.The only part of the game that is ready are the emotes.

In my opion having the emotes done first is like pinting the walls before there is a roof to keep out the rain.

i wood say you are clueless

Thundertrod wrote:
    I got in last week and I wood say that this game needs a year at least mayby two befor it is ready to go gold.The only part of the game that is ready are the emotes.

In my opion having the emotes done first is like pinting the walls before there is a roof to keep out the rain.
    Playing the game for 3 days and saying it needs at least a year is fucking ridiculous bro.

Thundertrod wrote:

Hi Frosty! Nice to see the Sundered Guard is still around.

Still, I think you are being rather hasty in your judgments given that the devs have stated that the features are ready to roll out. They have experienced delays due to things they could not test internally such as server stability, hackers, and launcher issues. This patch due out today should solve those issues and we should see a rapid roll out of the features. If that does not happen then you will be right.

Thundertrod wrote:

:blink:

I have also been ingame, and have seen that the game framework looks well done. Right now they are fixing the inevitable bugs that come when you go from inhouse testing to beta testing. There is also going to be tweaking and changes to the GM tool that they decided to modify and give to players (terraforming) PVP is certainly going to need much love.

This game is a couple months from release, IMHO. Thats based on what I saw before the patch we are expecting today.

A year to develop this game from where it is now seems absurd, unless we were not given real data about how much is ready, but not available to players yet.

If you care to defend your statement of a year minimum, I would like to hear your reasoning.

Thundertrod wrote:

Speaking in public without learning to spell just makes your case look that much worse! The game is coming along very well with the freedom the game offers and the code that goes behind all of it, I'm sure is a long and boring road.. but they are working very hard and you knocking their efforts... perhaps another game is where you would find a more suitable audience for your criticism.

tredo wrote:
    Thundertrod wrote:

Speaking in public without learning to spell just makes your case look that much worse! The game is coming along very well with the freedom the game offers and the code that goes behind all of it, I'm sure is a long and boring road.. but they are working very hard and you knocking their efforts... perhaps another game is where you would find a more suitable audience for your criticism.
    i kinda gave the guy some hint about it... i mean seriously english is not even my native language and i do not type that way at all. It's a shame if it is for him.