Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: May 15 Release?

Re:May 15 Release?

I often have the impression that many forums are full of stuff like that. Most probably kids not bothering about spelling or lazy people trying to type faster than they can...

15 may is just a week away...
    My clearvoyance skill tells me that it will be postponed to... 15 june
    Good for me, keep up the good work, kick out the bugs and put in *ALL* features listed!

pid73 wrote:
    15 may is just a week away...
    My clearvoyance skill tells me that it will be postponed to... 15 june
    Good for me, keep up the good work, kick out the bugs and put in *ALL* features listed!
    It's already been delayed until June 15th.

Farmerbob wrote:
    Thundertrod wrote:
    I got in last week and I wood say that this game needs a year at least mayby two befor it is ready to go gold.The only part of the game that is ready are the emotes.

In my opion having the emotes done first is like pinting the walls before there is a roof to keep out the rain.
    :blink:

I have also been ingame, and have seen that the game framework looks well done. Right now they are fixing the inevitable bugs that come when you go from inhouse testing to beta testing. There is also going to be tweaking and changes to the GM tool that they decided to modify and give to players (terraforming) PVP is certainly going to need much love.

This game is a couple months from release, IMHO. Thats based on what I saw before the patch we are expecting today.

A year to develop this game from where it is now seems absurd, unless we were not given real data about how much is ready, but not available to players yet.

If you care to defend your statement of a year minimum, I would like to hear your reasoning.

Experience, Shadowbane, Dark and light, Dark fall, Mortal online, Age of Connan.
    All have said that they have features ready but not turned on. All failed to deliver on some or all of the not turned on Features. It is entirely possible that Notorious has all the parts ready in module form That does not mean they will work when plunged in and definitely does not mean they will work together.

This is from the FAQ
    6.) What is Prelude? Prelude is the first chapter of Xsyon. It is a time of discovery, building, and exploration and will continue through summer as the game evolves to include more content and features.
    Hear Notorious them selves are saying there going to do a staged launch, with content and features add over a course of time. This is usually mandated by funding No one but EA wants to ship a incomplete product but the money for payroll has to come from some were. I wood suggest trying to talk to these guys http://www.indie-fund.com/ and wait to publish has complete game has possible.

I don't want to offend any one but it is my opinion that Xsyon is a enjoyable game worth paying for if we can wait for it to be ready. If I did not have hope I wood not have preorderd, But the longer the game is delayed the better at this point

I just pre-ordered a few days ago and and am glad to read they are actively dealing with hackers.I played DF and the hacks just get on my last nerve!I think what destroys a game is kiddies et al who think they have to cheat and hack to win instead of playing on the same playing field as everyone else.I like the concept and so I pre-ordered.Do your thing Xsyon devs...ROCK ON!I look forward to playing. :woohoo:

Hacks on Darkfall? Sounds like someone met the boot of a pker one too many times . I think you mean macros, which were much more rampant in that game...

It's been pushed back to june 15th for a while now, but people who ordered around early april are supposed to be getting in mid may.

Zarma wrote:
    It's been pushed back to june 15th for a while now, but people who ordered around early april are supposed to be getting in mid may.
    Happy to hear that (april 1st preorder), but haven't seen it anywhere myself... link please?

Veldern wrote:
    Happy to hear that (april 1st preorder), but haven't seen it anywhere myself... link please?
    Please read the announcement stickies more closely in the future, so you don't have to be the last to find out.

Ah, forgot about that. Read it a week ago and it slipped my mind after the troubles over the last weekend.

Zarma wrote:
    Hacks on Darkfall? Sounds like someone met the boot of a pker one too many times . I think you mean macros, which were much more rampant in that game...

There were hacks on DF for certain - ran into a couple myself. The backstick hack where your enemy was permantly directly behind you no matter how fast you turned was very popular until more people started using horses, then hackers whined about the power of horse kicks which would actually hit them.

Then there was the blip hack which would reposition people to get out of your melee range. At one point I watched one guy use this hack ruthlessly and absurdly, blipping away from one person after another then blipping again when blipping from one person put them in range of someone else. It was like watching Nightcrawler from the X-Men.

Unfortunately we have yet to see how Xsyon will deal with client hacking. External DoS attacks is a completely different matter.