Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: May 15 Release?

May 15 Release?

Given all the continuing issues with the game, is a May 15 launch still plausible? That's less than 3 weeks away.

Will the release date be changed?

Thanks.

Re: May 15 Release?

Form what i have read and heard and hope for then no, i really hope they porspone it a little longer to iron out those small annoying bugs, from my experience its not always the big bugs that kills a game its the small that gets on your nerves that kills them. so i hope they know that

Re: May 15 Release?

Somewhere Virtus said it was still the planned date.

However, if its not ready I believe they will push it back. From everything Jooki has posted he wants to put out a good final product. So hopefully he will get some sleep, since you get diminishing results lol.

Re:May 15 Release?

yea honestly may 15 2011 is more plausable with the current game state.

The game will most likely be pushed back for another month.

I'm thinking about this and I'll post more in a few days.

A lot can get done in a few weeks if we're not dealing with things like the unwanted traffic / hack attempt on the server and installer issues.

Right now my thoughts are:

If we can get all pre-order players in by May 15th and the client and server are stable we could still have the final character wipe on this date or possibly a week later.

If we do a final character wipe but we're still tweaking systems and features I will push forward the start of the 2 months free subscription time another full month.

We'll see how things go this week.

Sounds good, and btw, Jooky give me my email already! :laugh:

one month more waiting is not so bad, at least not for me.
    it would be worse to have a premature release and a great disappointment due to unfinished/unimplemented features...

pid73 wrote:
    one month more waiting is not so bad, at least not for me.
    it would be worse to have a premature release and a great disappointment due to unfinished/unimplemented features...
    I agree, I am (and I'm sure that most of us are) willing to wait more since that means we get a better and more polished game...all those hack attempts and server problems caused unexpected delays, and took your time away from fixing bugs and testing.

Visitor

Premature releases are to be avoided (unless you're Cryptic and have a 25 million dollar bonus for a set release date and a product that no amount of delay will help--aka STO).

Take your time.