Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

10 easy things which could change Xsyon in a day.

After a lot of thought, and discussion with a few people, I was looking at why we do things, what motivates us, etc. Here are 10 things which could be done using existing systems, or with nearly no effort which could change game play to give more purpose to the day to day things we do in xsyon.

These are easy things with high impact / low workload. Not necessary the most important problems atm.

#10 - Objects off Tribe Land No Lock / No protection
    They say this is coming, just get it over with. So we can destroy all the 1000's of useless forgotten bins across the map. Including retarded camp fires.
    Benefits: Less server load, cleaner landscape, fun looting bins of those who want to put their stuff outside of tribe.

#9 - No Eat/ No Drink - YOU DIE!!!
    This is true of real life, after 3 in game days of no eating or drinking, you should bite the bullet, and kill over. Otherwise eating drinking, isn't that important other than keeping stam up. You could go 9 hours ( between deaths after bar becomes empty. ) of game play without eat or drink before dying from this! completely reasonable!
    Benefits: encourage food/water use, more realistic, more challenge.

#8 - Acid Rain! - health dmg!
    Buildings have no utility other than some storage atm, they are merely cosmetic and need more purpose. Acid rain which can dmg health or potentially kill, would create reason to seek shelter! Not all rain is an acid rain.
    Benefit: Reason to have a building, added realism and challenge.

#7 - Remove Tree Spawn
    People easily mass plant them all the time, you can gather the the seeds easy enough. But right now trees are overrunning the landscapes, when chopped down no one wants to deal with the massive amounts of logs. Benefit: Easing server load, less cluster and clutter. Less log litter.

#6 - Cart Weight Reduction
    It seems ridiculous to me to have a 20 slot cart when you can become over encumbered with a 5 slot cart, other than stationary storage, which buildings are supposed to do. Trading, Travel, Relocation would all be much easier if cart weight was significantly reduce, it is on wheels!
    Benefit: Make all those extra slots on a cart useful, encourage cart travel, trade.

#5 - Packing Tents
    Smaller tents should be able to pack up into a slot in a cart / or wear on back like branches etc without dis-assembly. Larger structures i understand needing to deconstruct. But to lose mats just cause you want to pack your tent and move to play in a style as a nomadic survivor seems ridiculous especially for cloth tents!
    Benefit: Encourage nomadic exploration. More realistic for hunting and gatherer tribes vs. agricultural or larger war tribes.

#4 - Leaders & Officers Move Objects
    Right now if tribe leader goes offline for a week and someone leaves something around in your tribe this can be messy and officers can do nothing. There should be tools at discretion of the tribe leader to allow movement of tribe objects, bins, and other objects owned by tribe members.
    Benefit: Empowerment to officers, less load on leaders

#3 - Remove ability to plant trees on others tribelands
    This acts as an ability to grief other tribes, by planting trees clogging up areas and purposefully wasting peoples time to deal with mass planting in a tribal area by someone who is not a member.
    removal of stumps, baby tree stumps hard to remove and are almost invisible cause collision barrier. Stumps should disappear when tree is cut down. One extra needless step.

Benefit: Avoid Greifing, protection of tribal area, removal of stump problems caused that has no benefit.

#2 - Pre Order Become Cosmetic Novelty
    Over powered naked ganking, never decay's, is detrimental to game community as a whole. Undermines weapon economy, gives unfair pvp advantage. These items should become cosmetic bragging rights not tools/weapons to use for abuse against newer players. Pre-Order players have enjoyed the utility of these weapons long enough.
    Benefit: removal of naked ganking, equal risk for all players in combat!

#1 - Include Online Indicator for Social Tab
    Being able to see who is online of your friends, tribe mates etc would be great! The Social Box is already there, a simple Green/Grey colour for their name would be enough. Additionally later on a hide tick box could be enabled for peoples own privacy if they don't want to be seen online. But this allows people to get in contact with each other easier than typing fail whispers, asking in global or tribe.
    Benefits: Easier to when you can connect, communicate with others online.

These once again are very easy to make changes with systems already in place, which would be high impact low workload. Not necessarily the highest priority issue, but great short term immediate changes to be implemented for maximal impact on game play for the better.

cheers,

Creator

Good list while idk if it gives more meaning to what we do in game it could sure improve gameplay for the better with lil to no draw back to render other players who might not play the same way as you or I.

Xsyon Citizen
    Yes, more restrictions, Xsion is going to be really successful game.
    And you want population? dream on.
    On some? I do agree.
    #10 you will have some fun for some time, then you will be upset again, and ask Xsion to remove permissions on tribe land as well?
    I think you need to stop being a kid.
    What if someone make tons of baskets on tribe land? is that consider cluttering? How are you going to destroy those, or if tons of people join Xsion, and start making tons of things, is that consider cluttering as well? I think you have poor explanation about baskets outside of tribes, it's least you have to worry about, if you have no people to play.
    #8 When I"m traveling, there is no place to hide, is there?
    About "over encumbered" if this is fixed? Then it would be easier to pick logs after removing trees. Need for planting trees near your tribe, when you have limit to plant? you have to go out further and cut trees to be able to plant closer to your totem because of weight, "over encumbered".

Game needs more challenge, more difficulty this isn't Minecraft free build Znaiika. Also if you want to throw phrases like "stop being a kid" please inform me exactly about my behavior is so childish to you? I don't much appreciate my opinions being insulted by statements which hold no merit.

You want to insult others, and claim their opinions or suggestions are so ignorant, At least my ideas are inspired by more realistic real world logic and real world function than yours.

In your world people can live forever without need to eat or drink, just like polar bears can't attack in water real life... remember that thread? remember the you tube video I posted, verifying your statement was incorrect? You want to insult others, and claim their opinions or suggestions are so dumb, childish or unworthy, yet you do little to provide any logic or functional fact behind your request, opinions or suggestions.

- Who am I kidding of course grass baskets are unbreakable and theft proof they are made of magical unicorn grass! Not actual steel lock boxes or locked durable containers!

Also EVERYONE is going to leave game just cause they have to take a risk by placing a basket outside of tribe land, that it could be destroyed or looted.. oh me oh my! How terrible! How unrealistic that if you can build a campfire randomly outside your tribe area that it not be INVINCIBLE! obviously everyone will rage quit without invincible camp fires, and magically protected unicorn grass baskets!

If I can read your threads about claiming an animal can't attack in water, when they actually can, without insulting your intelligence or making insulting degrading comments towards you I request you make room for the same respect with me znaikka. If you have counter arguments, then provide some logic with it, rather than it doesn't fit in Znaiika's Dream Realm of Ultimate Gaming Paradise!

Who is dreaming now, and when you look at it closely who is being the real child?

I have already put znaikka on my ignore list...the guy is completely out of touch. Creator, good list there. I know they're waiting to give people a chance to collect up their stuff before everything outside of tribes goes public, but I think you're right. Tribal decay I understand warning people about..that random basket they dropped on the ground a year ago...not so much.

Yeah, I basically support all of these suggestions.

I agree with every point you have made Creator with the exception of one.

#3 - Remove ability to plant trees on others tribelands
    This acts as an ability to grief other tribes, by planting trees clogging up areas and purposefully wasting peoples time to deal with mass planting in a tribal area by someone who is not a member.
    removal of stumps, baby tree stumps hard to remove and are almost invisible cause collision barrier. Stumps should disappear when tree is cut down. One extra needless step.
    Benefit: Avoid Greifing, protection of tribal area, removal of stump problems caused that has no benefit.
    Let me clarify, the automatic removal of tree stumps I am not contesting, as I see it as a useless function in it's current form as well. But I am against adding any further restrictions or 'immunities' on tribe lands. I personally feel that tribe lands are already far too safe and impervious to outside influence. But this also further ties into my opinion on what people call 'griefing'. I believe that this term is incorrectly applied to far too many circumstances. In an open world sandbox that is designed to be dangerous and high risk (which to my understanding, is what Xsyon was intended to be) I consider what most people call griefing an inability to cope with the harsh realities of a sandbox environment. In a sandbox there should be nearly no restriction on the methods used by the community to wage a campaign against another group of players with the exception of exploiting the game client or server packets. Therefore I cannot support adding any additional safety bonuses or restrictions on outside influence to tribe lands. In fact I would like to see restrictions removed entirely and not by an optional system like has been suggested and appears to be in the process of implementation as we speak.

That aside, I think the suggestions you have made should be implemented as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
    Yosef Harm of Industrial Strength

Nice list Creator

#10 Yip baskets need to go however, rather than instant destroy aka building destruction, i would like to see basket decay switched on as an initial step to get rid of outdoor baskets ,then they can progress to add more containers (chests for example) and a lockpicking/looting system at same time.

#9 again i like this idea and it can be improved with the future cooking system. Hopefully making fish etc valuable for trading etc

#8 Not acid rain, but i think this may be resolved with the in works comfort system, give reasons for players not to run around naked in the snow may encourage and increase in trading for tailoring and leathercraft hopefully depending how its added to game.

#7 Remove tree spawn for the short term or until they properly think about and improve forestry skill. Ive always seen this as a rush job and all they have given the players is a “Guide Power” tree spawning tool rather thn a well thought out planting system.

#6 At the moment i can carry 20 short logs or 20 leather, metal etc stacks which is handy for me. Carts do at the moment appear like a short distance haulage system. traveling longer distances is a pain in all honesty especially combined with the current resting system.

#5 Nice idea I love exploring, what were you thinking when you plant this tent would it give you a small radius safe zone eg less than a homestead something like 5m radius enough to protect a cart or some baskets if cart and basket decay was on? Also no terraforming ability in this area!!!
    Also new players do you give them one of these at start, so rather than then having to place a totem they can explore and place down a tent for a bit to see if they like the area then move on no harm done, tent could hold say 3 baskets or so again if basket decay was on.

Not sure what this is so no comment lol

#3 agreed

#2Agree

#1 Not really fussed for this but would obviously use it if it was there

I think these ideas are good as a whole and although not one in itself is ground breaking, as a whole would certainly improve playing in the game. If they are easy fixes, I would like to see them happen! Thx for the post Creator!

Quote Originally Posted by inhabit View Post
    #10 Yip baskets need to go however, rather than instant destroy aka building destruction, i would like to see basket decay switched on as an initial step to get rid of outdoor baskets ,then they can progress to add more containers (chests for example) and a lockpicking/looting system at same time.

#8 Not acid rain, but i think this may be resolved with the in works comfort system, give reasons for players not to run around naked in the snow may encourage and increase in trading for tailoring and leathercraft hopefully depending how its added to game.
    With these additions it would make a great list, Creator, I'd love to see it implemented. #8 and #9 are my favourites, would add so much more meaning to the game.

I'm with you Luthais on number 5! That sounds great! I believe it would help the many new people feeling they have a "home area of their own", yet not as drastic as placing a totem, which would indicate a more permanent placement. I love the idea that no terriforming could be done, as they would be just in the wilderness roaming or exploring with this idea.