Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stat Changes

Xsyon Citizen
    If there is no loss on skills - just redistribution - I need to skill up my low skills now because then my skillpoint pool will be larger than that of a player just started .. say i have 8 skills at 100 and 4 at 50 - my skill pool will be 1000 points - a newbee will have like 2 at 25 and 8 at 5 - 120 points in total ... I can not see how this should work out ? does the soft skill cap start at 50 ? or at 70 ?
    I think that the vets will have a very large advantage, also because the skills sort of determine your HPs - so a vet will always have an unreachable HP for those who start new ... Not that I mind that much

However on my char I see a huge problem for the future ... charm is at 1.5 and perception at 101.6 ... if charm is really going to influence the skills as listed - my scavenging (at 100) will suck big time (Scavenging: Charm | Perception) :-/

The stat cap isn't on individual skills, it is on the group. So a newb with few skills will be able to get several skills to 100 before they start to see the balancing kick in.

Right now it is hosed, anyway. I gained .1 in resource skill and dropped ALL my other Resources skills by .1, including 4 that were 100. 50 or so rocks for .1 of one skill and 20 hours of grinding the other 4 skills at 99.9 back up to 100. No thank you.

Silly thing is I had hunting at 17.3 and forestry at 62.x and yet it stole my 100s..not supposed to work like that.

Quote Originally Posted by tomduril View Post
    If there is no loss on skills - just redistribution - I need to skill up my low skills now because then my skillpoint pool will be larger than that of a player just started .. say i have 8 skills at 100 and 4 at 50 - my skill pool will be 1000 points - a newbee will have like 2 at 25 and 8 at 5 - 120 points in total ... I can not see how this should work out ? does the soft skill cap start at 50 ? or at 70 ?
    I think that the vets will have a very large advantage, also because the skills sort of determine your HPs - so a vet will always have an unreachable HP for those who start new ... Not that I mind that much

However on my char I see a huge problem for the future ... charm is at 1.5 and perception at 101.6 ... if charm is really going to influence the skills as listed - my scavenging (at 100) will suck big time (Scavenging: Charm | Perception) :-/

Nawh because they havnt put in skill decay yet. Just stat decay. Once they add skill decay based on pools vets will have the same max as new players.

All this is still in testing also so dont forget its subject to change.

About your charm problem. If scav is going to be your main goal you will want to level up charm. How to do that is by getting exp by either training skills or doing skills that give exp. Scaving more would also work to level charm and give exp. (now that you can get exp after 100 on the test server).
    Each time you level up exp, you will get some stat points to adjust your stats. So you will want to put them into charm.

This Patch, reminds me of SGW and THE PATCH!

Exampel: I have scavening on 100 and i make a other skill -> scavening decreases. Ergo I wan't to level up any other skill more -> boredom, because i cant make nothing more -> ingame jobless!

In our tribe, we have great earthworks on the run for a tribe projekt. Terraforming -> decreases scavening -> the people dont endanger for terraforming a other skill -> killing ingame projects from Tribe -> Tribe Projekt death!

Next, are now only my base stats for fishing perfectly. Other Ressources Skill i have now bad base skills. I must delete my character? To correct this?

And before come Patch, must be clear how it will look at the other skills and there base stats (Crafting Skills). Then again i have more or new stupid base stats later, because I do not know if there are changes in craftings skills.

In summary: Patch -> make me ingame jobless -> i have now stupid basis stats -> delete my Char, for better basis stats? -> months of skilling have no value -> increases the chance extremly I stop playing und stop paying for the Game. I do not you'll be the only one (including potential returnees the have now ruins skill and base stats).

Quote Originally Posted by BuckRogers View Post
    This Patch, reminds me of SGW and THE PATCH!

Exampel: I have scavening on 100 and i make a other skill -> scavening decreases. Ergo I wan't to level up any other skill more -> boredom, because i cant make nothing more -> ingame jobless!
    In our tribe, we have great earthworks on the run for a tribe projekt. Terraforming -> decreases scavening -> the people dont endanger for terraforming a other skill -> killing ingame projects from Tribe -> Tribe Projekt death!

Next, are now only my base stats for fishing perfectly. Other Ressources Skill i have now bad base skills. I must delete my character? To correct this?

And before come Patch, must be clear how it will look at the other skills and there base stats (Crafting Skills). Then again i have more or new stupid base stats later, because I do not know if there are changes in craftings skills.

In summary: Patch -> make me ingame jobless -> i have now stupid basis stats -> delete my Char, for better basis stats? -> months of skilling have no value -> increases the chance extremly I stop playing und stop paying for the Game. I do not you'll be the only one (including potential returnees the have now ruins skill and base stats).
    It's just on the test server...calm down a bit...the reason it wasn't patched live yesterday is because this team values feedback...and they're asking for it. The sky isn't falling on your head just yet, I promise!

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    It's just on the test server...calm down a bit...the reason it wasn't patched live yesterday is because this team values feedback...and they're asking for it. The sky isn't falling on your head just yet, I promise!
    Yes, this is on the test server. But if it comes, then there is what I described above. And the mainfeature ingame is the Skilling. Other activities does not exist. If you can make only one skill per category to 100 -> finish in a month -> jobless -> good bye game.

I just want to show what could happen, if it happens.

with the new stats system ,,,...it is useless to discuss about it...it will kill the game..and the rest of the players will go...it kills the game for the homestatter...and you need in a tribe only spezialist...and no chance to make things togehther...if you loose points from your spezial skill/stats when you make some other things...

it this goes live..we need no more changes...the devs need a new job...lol, high five..nice job

@BuckRogers,
    Specialization is what this is all about, Unless you are with the ones that want everyone to be able to do everything. This is a good thing. Remember at some point for the game to start changing the way it needs to, The people playing will have to deal with parts of the gaming being amputated, And also painful growth spurts as the game changes around us. It want be fun for everyone as this happens, And I'm sure things will change that will make me want to yell "What the heck man!!!", But for the game to become what it needs to be. We will have to deal with this from time to time.

@aliksteel:

I have nothing against specialization, but not so! You can ONE Skill on 100 per categorie. What can be done even if one is skill per catecory at 100? Leveling a other Skill... and destroyed the 100 Point Skill. No! What do you do ingame? Twiddle my thumbs? Or PvP? PvP is ingame death! Or Hunting? No, Hunting destroyed the one 100 Point Ressources Skill. Or Terrafroming for the Tribe Buildproject? No, Terraforming destroyed the one 100 Point Ressources Skill.

So what can be doing Ingame?

I like most of the changes so far, I tested them for a couple hours this morning. My only issue was same with drevar that when I used a skill that wasn't at 100 it would take from my highest skill instead of the lowest skills. So all my skills at 100 are now not at 100 which is really annoying.

DDT had a really good idea and I also thought of it as well is there needs to be a locking system. It takes so long to raise a skill to 100 and it really sucks if that skill drops .1 because you fished for 10 minutes or something. I think they need to implement a locking system on skills. Or also be able to set which skills you want to decrease or increase as well. They have a similar system in UO and it works great. To put 600+ hours into something and then have it drop is just not cool at all.