Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Stat Changes

Quote Originally Posted by Dakeen View Post
    This kind of change is sounding a lot like Darkfall months of grinding to catch up. Although there would be a end, unlike Darkfall. If your grinding you not having fun. No if your going to make it take months and months to advance it has to be in a fun way. Not just a grind.
    Huh? How does it sound like its going to take months and months to advance because of how you lose skills on the test server or just that it takes 10000 actions to go from 99 to 100? Because currently that's what it takes now. The # of actions to 99 to 100 wouldnt really change per say in the new play, it does but I'm not clear how you getting to that theory.

Oh I some how missed the other pages, thought i was commenting on moving the stat cap to 140 or 150. 100 is enough.

Oh I some how missed the other pages, thought i was commenting on moving the stat cap to 140 or 150. 100 is enough.
    You can get under the new system 100 stats in a week. I believe that's too fast.

It might be, but an important aspect of any open pvp game is to not make new players completely suffer at the hands of veteran players. Being new myself I don't know how big of a impact going from 90 to 100 strength makes. What I do know is not having the information that Dexterity and Perception actually affects the quality of my toolcraft, and not just the speed at which you learn it, like the manual says. Really bites. Combine that with only gaining .7 dexterity and 1.6 perception after 2 weeks, it could be over a year before I hit 100 from 75. I have considered re rolling but with these changes coming I still don't know. Even from 90 to 100 sounds like it takes far to long especially if it starts to slow down after 90. For me .3 a week equals something like 28 weeks, roughly 7 months.

I could say OK for maybe a month or two for 90-100, longer than that is extremely excessive in my opinion.

It might be, but an important aspect of any open pvp game is to not make new players completely suffer at the hands of veteran players. Being new myself I don't know how big of a impact going from 90 to 100 strength makes. What I do know is not having the information that Dexterity and Perception actually affects the quality of my toolcraft, and not just the speed at which you learn it, like the manual says. Really bites. Combine that with only gaining .7 dexterity and 1.6 perception after 2 weeks, it could be over a year before I hit 100 from 75. I have considered re rolling but with these changes coming I still don't know. Even from 90 to 100 sounds like it takes far to long especially if it starts to slow down after 90. For me .3 a week equals something like 28 weeks, roughly 7 months.

I could say OK for maybe a month or two for 90-100, longer than that is extremely excessive in my opinion.

The new stat change system here, stats are much faster. Gaining 10 points as a new player will take about a week of playing a few hours a day at that craft, maybe even faster. Stats are a lot more fluid with this change, in both gaining and losing stats.

You can test it out on the test server.
    I gained about 4 points of Fort in about 30mins on the test server. Test server is 25x faster right now (this is at max terraforming, at lower terraforming it would be even faster)
    4/30 = .1333 points per min on test. Now .1333 / 25 = .00533 points per min on live after change. 10 points = 1876.2 mins = 31.2 hours = 4.47 hours per day for a full week to get 10 points at max terraforming. Which also if I started at 5 terraforming would be even faster.

I dont want to slow the decay of how fast stats change. I want to change the specialty of how people focus.

10 points isnt much choice out of 100. Its 10%. I want to see people that are combat types or crafting types have a choice. Moving the cap to something like 140ish would allow people 50 points of change which is something like 36%, on top of that it will limit down the choices they cant go. When you count the fact you need 2 stats per skill this will be used to allow people to specialize.
    While still allowing everyone to be everything but not at the best level.

Using this system if you wanted to be a solo guy doing everything but not at a high QL or bonus level.

I don't see a point, in another thread you said you can make supreme weapons with 40 some skills and low Dex. If it's possible to do that why worry about it? In my opinion that needs to go away. I have never seen the point in a Massively Multiplayer Oniline Game that you can do everything in the game half decent even, might as well be single player with a chat room. If you want to be a jack of all trades so be it, but you should never ever be able to match someone who is focused in a craft or skill, not even close.

Addition note, as far as they have said those are not solid values. They will tweak them as needed. So it may not end up being that fast.

I agree, I think having people with 40 skill making the best weapons in the game is absurd.