Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Stat Changes

@thunXa: I have test today and have making foarging from 25 to 30 = 5 Points (ca. 15 Action) and simultaneously scavegning (100) lost 2,8 points to 98,2 (and not only this skill lost many points (Points in the other Skills 60-90)). And i make 15 Action for scavenging and still on 98,2. So your reckoning does not work. This lostrate ist horrible!

@MrDDT: What if there will be a Part 2 in the skillrevision? Craftingsskillsrevison? More specialization fragmentation, just what the players are missing!

Why can now stand on the resources at each other stats? Why can not determine Stats 2-3, which are responsible for resource?

And if that is so, the new stats assignment. Does every Char may all his newly dispense statspoint!

And do not come with specialization is good. Now you need 7 (dirt not including/terraforming) players to farm every resource optimally. Show me the Tribes have enough active players (and no IS, you have massive second/third etc Accounts per player). The mass is Homesteader (one Player) and this change is to break the neck of homesteader.

Example for Homesteader: he has Scavenging on 100 and hungry -> fishing ruined the Scavenging skill order to satisfy his hunger.

And anyone who thinks ressources trade is the panacea for this. No way! Ressources too heavy in weight and the distances too great ingame.

And terraforming is not purely resource! It remains, it is the dead for great tribe earthworks for construction projects.

The game simply does not have enough players and will in the foreseeable future are not enough players, to cope with this specialization fragmentation.

My idea is not on the test server.. just an idea/suggestion how to fix/improve it.

With my suggestion people must still specialize but not as hard as it is on the test server right now.

For anyone who has forgot... test server is set to 25x skil change right now!

So yeah it wouldn't take one action to lose from 100 to 99.9. However, there still is the issue of the skill loss coming from the highest skill in the pool, not the lowest.

I know it has this speed.

But with this.. try to make a skill from 90 to 100 and you will see whats wrong
    It will be a mess of months/years to have more then 1 skill at your master (for someone who has not 100 yet).

You might dont see it because you have alot of 100s.

The cap is not so low that you can't have multiple 100s before you start rebalancing skills. It depends on how many skills are in a group, probably something like 60 or 65 points per skill. Pretty sure the cap on the Actions group is 100 in all skills (4).

Nothing was mentioned about a global cap. So say you want to put nothing into combat and go full out on crafting, I don't think thats feasible at all as you will constantly be fighting the decay within the same group. There should be some way to "shift" the balance of unused points from another unused group.

As it is set up now, I will simply grind on my maxxed skills for xp and stat gain and use the SP gained by leveling to improve my non-100 skills.

The more I see how it works, the more I am for a simple, known, hard cap on skills and stats, like UO. There you know you have 700 points to play with and 225 in stats. Veteran rewards allow you to go beyond those caps, 20 points over cap per year being active and +5 stats per year.

*edit* In addition, it doesn't help that the skill and stat windows don't update correctly on a change, so when you gain or lose you don't realize that you have lost something you may want to keep.

Xsyon Citizen
    I don't know where to say this, since you discussing test changes in here, I as well going to point some points out.
    Durability bonus work fine, speed bonus don't work, but there is something funny about Agility, when switched to combat mode, all of a sudden Agility jumps to 100 last for some time and then go back to what it was.
    Well done with schemes, but for trading purposes, make "artisan and master schemes" scavenged only not through learning.
    When traveling long distances you loose sight of trees and structures, even though you know they exist, after re-logging all go to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    I don't know where to say this, since you discussing test changes in here, I as well going to point some points out.
    Durability bonus work fine, speed bonus don't work, but there is something funny about Agility, when switched to combat mode, all of a sudden Agility jumps to 100 last for some time and then go back to what it was.
    Well done with schemes, but for trading purposes, make "artisan and master schemes" scavenged only not through learning.
    When traveling long distances you loose sight of trees and structures, even though you know they exist, after re-logging all go to normal.

You sure durability bonus is working? I didnt see it working. How did you test this?

Added after 7 minutes:

Quote Originally Posted by BuckRogers View Post
    @thunXa: I have test today and have making foarging from 25 to 30 = 5 Points (ca. 15 Action) and simultaneously scavegning (100) lost 2,8 points to 98,2 (and not only this skill (Points in the Skills 60-90)). And i make 15 Action for scavenging and still on 98,5. So your reckoning does not work. This lostrate ist horrible!
    BuckRogers, Thunxa I believe was saying it was bad and likely wont be put into the game like that without being changed.

@MrDDT: What if there will be a Part 2 in the skillrevision? Craftingsskillsrevison? More specialization fragmentation, just what the players are missing!
    I would love a system like this if I understand what you are saying, where they add more specializations. I think it can also work with a skill pool like they have planned, so I dont think you have to have 1 with out the other. I think they can work together or they can work apart.

Why can now stand on the resources at each other stats? Why can not determine Stats 2-3, which are responsible for resource?
    I dont know what this means, can you clear this up a bit? Or further explain?

And if that is so, the new stats assignment. Does every Char may all his newly dispense statspoint!
    I agree this could be a problem for new players, but dont forget, new players skilling up skills can change their stats very fast under this system as you get more stats when you are gaining skills. Plus each level up, you will get a chance to change stats.

If they are extremely new, they can also reroll without much loss of skills, again dont forget skills will level faster in this new system.

Vets wanting to change stats is going to more of a problem as they dont have the option to reroll and they wont get as much exp level ups as new unskilled players. However, I believe he is adding a system where they do get some stat adjustment points based on their current XP level.

And do not come with specialization is good. Now you need 7 (dirt not including/terraforming) players to farm every resource optimally. Show me the Tribes have enough active players (and no IS, you have massive second/third etc Accounts per player). The mass is Homesteader (one Player) and this change is to break the neck of homesteader.
    Good question and here is the answer for that.

1)Trade.
    2)Accept you wont be getting the best of the best items.
    3)Get people to join you that do skills/resources that you dont do.

Right now there is a major problem in game that people dont need or want anyone else to do anything. This hurts trade and tribes greatly. As a solo player do you expect to do everything best in the game? I dont think that's what people should expect.
    Under this new system if you are a solo player and you want high QL stuff of everything, you will need to trade. But guess what? People will now want the items you have as they wont be able to get it themselves.

So say you are good at scavenging, hunting, toolcrafting, and woodcrafting. This means you would want high CHA, PER, DEX, and AGI. Which is doable not really a problem. If you wanted someone to do say weaponcrafting or leathercrafting, they would want your scav'd items and your leather from hunting skill, because they dont have the stats to get those items in high QL. This will make your items valued and able to trade for their now valued items. Not even counting your tools they would surely want.

Example for Homesteader: he has Scavenging on 100 and hungry -> fishing ruined the Scavenging skill order to satisfy his hunger.
    Sounds like you should be trading your scav'd items for fish. Or the system is not working very well if a few fish from fishing messes up your scav skills/stats. This is part of the current problem on test.

And anyone who thinks ressources trade is the panacea for this. No way! Ressources too heavy in weight and the distances too great ingame.
    Again these is a problem with trade, and weight system which is being effected in this trade. Energy, and weight need to be improved, plus more modes of travel. I fully agree with this being a problem. However, it will also make your heavy resources more valued if people want them at higher QL.

I think weight on carts needs to be looked at greatly, I think energy regen and use needs to be fixed up greatly, I think roads need to have a much much larger effect, and mounts and other modes of travel need to be put into the game.

And terraforming is not purely resource! It remains, it is the dead for great tribe earthworks for construction projects.
    Not sure what this means, but it is a resource however I think its under used in game resource too. No one cares about the QL of dirt. However, with farming this could greatly change needing better dirt. Also I was talking to my friends and maybe even have like a treasure hunting or finding option in game.

The game simply does not have enough players and will in the foreseeable future are not enough players, to cope with this specialization fragmentation.
    100% disagree, I think the reason why this game has few players is because there is no drive to need them in the game. People join my tribe and ask "What can I do" and we said "Just do whatever you like, we dont need really anything we can do everything" this is a major problem.
    If people were needed as Ive seen in other games they tend to play more, and feel better about being part of a group, or making money or a name for themselves outside of tribes.

My main problem with a cap at this point is that basically the only thing to do in-game right now is to skill up stuff, and after the patch you'll have to focus on skilling up less stuff which sort of means less content.
    (Adds some content for people with max in everything though because people might actually trade some more.)
    I know that people that are maxed in everything sits around lacking stuff to do and some even have maxed alts because there isn't much to do other than skilling up everything and building stuff.

Now, don't get me wrong; I think a soft-cap is definitely needed for a good sandbox, but Xsyon isn't there yet.
    Currently we have a crafting/building game and not a real sandbox, I think this cap would be fantastic whenever Xsyon transforms into a real sandbox, just not now while it's still a crafting/building game.

(By "real sandbox" I mean Xsyon after the patch(es) that introduce territory control and changes to make armor matter more.)

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    You sure durability bonus is working? I didnt see it working. How did you test this?
    My armor has speed and durability bonuses on both current server and test server, on current server I get tired real fast but on test server I can run much further without resting, water and food has greater impact on energy now.
    I think it has to do with maximum status, if you have statues less then 100 then bonuses work.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    My armor has speed and durability bonuses on both current server and test server, on current server I get tired real fast but on test server I can run much further without resting, water and food has greater impact on energy now.
    I think it has to do with maximum status, if you have statues less then 100 then bonuses work.
    Just because it displays "durability" bonus on items doesnt mean its working. On live server it displays a lot of bonuses that are not working.

Durability has no effect on how long you can run.
    Speed doesnt effect how fast you move on test or live.

Yes food has more impact I believe on test.