Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stat Changes

Stat Changes

I think you guys did a great job. The only thing ruining this is stat cap at 100. Not sure if this is a bug or intentional. Capping stats at 100 ruins the whole point of faster stat changes.

What you do is this, once a stat hits 100, it becomes 10% slower to level. When it hits 110, it becomes 20% slower, when it hits 120, 30% slower, etc, etc.

Then also what you could do is increase the speed of stat gains across the board for characters that are younger than X amount of time (like 6 months). Keep increasing this as time goes on (like every 6 months, give 10% bonus to stat gain for chars that have been created within the last 6 months) then a 20% bonus for chars created within that next 6 months time interval, 30% for the next 6 months, etc.

This will allow stats to never be capped, which is extremely important in keeping people interested, but also will allow for new players to gain stats faster than veterans, so they actually have a chance to catch up.

I don't agree with it going over 100 but you could do this with a 70 rule which does the same and makes getting to 100 harder and worth the effort. I don't like a system like this as it serves vets only and not new players but it does make those crafts more valuable as it requires more time invested and that has the effect of people seeking those players out for trade.

Quote Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
    I don't agree with it going over 100 but you could do this with a 70 rule which does the same and makes getting to 100 harder and worth the effort. I don't like a system like this as it serves vets only and not new players but it does make those crafts more valuable as it requires more time invested and that has the effect of people seeking those players out for trade.

My problem is that people like me already have over 100. So what about us?

I agree with zookeeper.

I also think there should be a higher cap than 100. Maybe like 140ish or so. Give people a chance to focus.

I think the point is to make the cap unreachable. Ok so say the cap is at 150, but giong from 140-150 would take 500 hours game play of grinding the same stat. So it's basically no cap, but those who want to reach the cap can do so if they desire spending 20 days of their life (24 hours x 20 days) to max it out. I just like leaving that option open to people who REALLY enjoy specializing.

The system we have now is 0.1 stat change is the same length of time required at 10 in a stat as over 100 in a stat. I just hope they make a "soft cap" so to speak with stats too. IMO the cap on gaining stats should be when you can no longer lose any more stat points as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalGooey View Post
    I think the point is to make the cap unreachable. Ok so say the cap is at 150, but giong from 140-150 would take 500 hours game play of grinding the same stat. Essentially, no cap.

The system we have now is 0.1 stat change is the same length of time required at 10 in a stat as over 100 in a stat. I just hope they make a "soft cap" so to speak with stats too. IMO the cap on gaining stats should be when you can no longer lose any more stat points as well.

Problem with this is, lets say you want 150 STR and you are at 140 STR now. Lets also say you have 5 charm which is your lowest stat.
    If you scav 1 time you will lose hours worth of STR, because there is no way to lock it. So you wouldnt be able to do anything because of this soft cap system.

I would rather see a cap, not really needing a soft cap, but the cap at 100 which is only 10 points from the starting stat isnt much of a way to focus or for a vet to progress. It should be higher than 100. Even with the new stat system going from 90 to 140 would take months.

No it wouldn't take months, it would take like a week. I mean how it is on test server currently. However the stat gain may be set to 25x normal speed as well, so I honestly have no idea. All I know is I gained 1.0 fortitude in less than 30 minutes. Being able to lock stats would be nice. Or actually m aking it so it takes like 20-30 scavenges to lose 0.1, not 1 scavenge.

Also once your lowest stat hits 0, it would start pulling from the 2nd lowest stat.

No it wouldn't take months, it would take like a week. I mean how it is on test server currently. However the stat gain may be set to 25x normal speed as well, so I honestly have no idea. All I know is I gained 1.0 fortitude in less than 30 minutes.

[30mins x 25 x 50 (140 - 90 = 50) ] / 1.0 change = 625 hours of doing whatever it was you were doing.

Yes assuming stat changes are actually set to 25x right now.

If they are set to 25x, it's really hard to test the difference from the live server, if there is even a difference. 625 hours to gain 50 stat points is similar to before, where 1 stat point would take about 10-20 hours.

Yes assuming stat changes are actually set to 25x right now.

If they are set to 25x, it's really hard to test the difference from the live server, if there is even a difference. 625 hours to gain 50 stat points is similar to before, where 1 stat point would take about 10-20 hours.

Only 1 stat I know was 10 to 20 hours and that's STR from terraforming which IMO was at a pretty ok speed.
    All the rest of the stats were 10x longer than terraforming / STR. Plus on the live server you dont lose stats in this way.

I was more just debating your week theory. Not saying that 625 is to short or long.

I believe gaining the highest level of a stat (which IMO should be around 140ish) should take a couple to a few months of working at it, from 90 (highest starting max).

To me this allows new players to catch up, but also allows other players to focus if they wish. If you wanted to be great at scavenging, well you would focus those stats (Scavenging: Charm | Perception), at the cost of other stats.

This will allow people that focus to gather at a higher success chance, higher chance to get higher QL items, and still allow other players that dont focus to be able to do everything. Just not very or as well.

I agree.

But what is with the 140. Such an odd number might as well just do 150.

I think a balanced speed would be 0.1 stat gains from 20 or 30 minutes of using the same skill. We'll see how it plays out once they take the 25x off.