Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54
  1. #21
    Xsyon Citizen
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    amish paradise PA
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    rofl...if you want to DO all of those, then your playstyle is satisfied...if you want to BE THE BEST at all of those, find a single-player game...you'll enjoy it much more...
    (I guess you could also find the game-genie code for Xsyon for god-mode...that *might* work for what you're wanting)
    No Sir, I'd rather play TERA then, don't like to be so limited.
    I am a customer and I shop, I am looking in the game for something that would keep me playing, being limited and grind after reaching my goal? isn't my type of enjoyment.
    That is all I can tell you.
    Game is not a job and should never be one, game should be fun to spend time not a burden.

    Quote Originally Posted by tomduril View Post
    I agree with MrDDT 4 per group (Plus or lock) seems too many - 2 per group would be something expected from a game ..
    I think (Plus or lock) should depend on group skill.
    For example:
    Combat group 3 skills (for projectile weapons)
    Resource and actions I would leave out. (no decay)
    Crafting: 4
    I would move woodcraft, masonry and wainwright to architecture and have 3.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    OK, I would need these skills to be able to play my style, Logging, hunting, foraging, scavenging, resources, fishing, hunting, taming, armed, one of the weapon skills (ax/?) hiding, toolcraft, weaponcraft, one of the armor skill " don't tell me basketry is armor skill", basketry, cooking. The rest I am not interesting in.
    I would like to have carrying capacity, combat damage, combat speed, energy, health, heal rate, stamina rate, resist to damage, running, jumping, swimming, detection.
    About ten of those skills I need to lock from being decayed, the rest of them I don't wont them to decay before 90.
    How am I going to satisfy my play style?
    You picked 6 skills in the same pool (one you named 2 times). Sorry but you wont get 6 skills in the same pool to max level or able to lock them all. Not with a decay system. There is only 7 skills in the resource pool having 85% of a pool at max isnt going to happen.


    Not everything is going to fit your playstyle. Some of it needs to be balanced for a game to work.

    Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    No Sir, I'd rather play TERA then, don't like to be so limited.
    I am a customer and I shop, I am looking in the game for something that would keep me playing, being limited and grind after reaching my goal? isn't my type of enjoyment.
    That is all I can tell you.
    Game is not a job and should never be one, game should be fun to spend time not a burden.



    I think (Plus or lock) should depend on group skill.
    For example:
    Combat group 3 skills (for projectile weapons)
    Resource and actions I would leave out. (no decay)
    Crafting: 4
    I would move woodcraft, masonry and wainwright to architecture and have 3.

    Tera limits you greatly. Try using heavy armor while being a caster.

    I've already told you, if this game isnt for you quit. They are not going to change the basics of the game just to fit you. You have to read the game and what the dev wants to make it.

    I say no to your # of skills in each pool mostly because you dont explain why.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  3. #23
    Xsyon Citizen
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    amish paradise PA
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I say no to your # of skills in each pool mostly because you dont explain why.
    Basic Science MrDDT.
    Think a little outside of box.
    I feel MrDDT you making this game unplayable, and I really fear about it's future.
    What don't you understand? You're making this game boring because you're forcing people to grind, that is one thing that is not going to be fun.
    Good luck with that, you will destroy Xsyon which could of been a good game.

    I'll keep an eye on it and see what happen with this patch, then I'll decide what to do.
    I don't like boring games.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    Basic Science MrDDT.
    Think a little outside of box.
    I feel MrDDT you making this game unplayable, and I really fear about it's future.
    What don't you understand? You're making this game boring because you're forcing people to grind, that is one thing that is not going to be fun.
    Good luck with that, you will destroy Xsyon which could of been a good game.

    I'll keep an eye on it and see what happen with this patch, then I'll decide what to do.
    I don't like boring games.

    Not sure how its basic science, and I'm pretty good at science.

    I dont get how limiting the # of skills you can have at cap is making the game more of a grind, if anything it would be less of a grind than able to have every skill at cap. Fewer skills to grind.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  5. #25
    Xsyon Citizen
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    amish paradise PA
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Not sure how its basic science, and I'm pretty good at science.

    I dont get how limiting the # of skills you can have at cap is making the game more of a grind, if anything it would be less of a grind than able to have every skill at cap. Fewer skills to grind.
    Yaaaahh.
    Did you forgot decay part?
    By the way TERA don't restrict crafting just armor you wear, but there is a good reason for that, because everything is balanced.
    Like archer don't need heavy gear to wear because it's ranged.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    Yaaaahh.
    Did you forgot decay part?
    By the way TERA don't restrict crafting just armor you wear, but there is a good reason for that, because everything is balanced.
    Like archer don't need heavy gear to wear because it's ranged.
    What about the decay part? Less skills to grind is still less skills to grind. Not sure what you mean by the "decay" part.

    Also, why doesnt an archer need heavy gear? In my playstyle I like to tank as an archer, but Tera doesnt give that option. Because you cant do everything.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  7. #27
    Xsyon Citizen
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    amish paradise PA
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    What about the decay part? Less skills to grind is still less skills to grind. Not sure what you mean by the "decay" part.

    Also, why doesnt an archer need heavy gear? In my playstyle I like to tank as an archer, but Tera doesnt give that option. Because you cant do everything.
    Because most of the time your enemy falls before reaching you, and you have heals, dodge and other skills to use, PVP is a-bit challenge though, it requires a player skills as well.
    If you want heavy armor pick melee.
    And again you can craft anything you want no restrictions, and gather resources " no skill decay".

    About decay: how is it less grind if when using one skill the other one drops to 0 and you have to constantly cycle through to keep skills at where you want them to be " full time grinding ".

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    Because most of the time your enemy falls before reaching you, and you have heals, dodge and other skills to use, PVP is a-bit challenge though, it requires a player skills as well.
    If you want heavy armor pick melee.
    And again you can craft anything you want no restrictions, and gather resources " no skill decay".

    About decay: how is it less grind if when using one skill the other one drops to 0 and you have to constantly cycle through to keep skills at where you want them to be " full time grinding ".
    You dont have to constantly cycle through them, you lock them. If you are trying to have every skill in the game maxed, then yes you will have a problem you wont be allowed to do that in Xsyon. Just like in Terra you cant wear heavy armor on an Archer.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


  9. #29
    Xsyon Citizen
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    amish paradise PA
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    You dont have to constantly cycle through them, you lock them. If you are trying to have every skill in the game maxed, then yes you will have a problem you wont be allowed to do that in Xsyon. Just like in Terra you cant wear heavy armor on an Archer.
    Not every skill just those that fits my play style.
    I already stated how many skills I would like to lock, and the rest at 90 not at master.
    No decay below 90 and 10 locked skills.

    You know? I used to play FE, I spent way too much money, I logged in the other day walked to my mail and logged off, it's not interesting anymore, just like this game will be if you make it grinding game.

    One other thing: How are you going to trade? regional trade? trade event? global trade?
    Because when I need that 20 slot cart NOW or a scheme, which ATM I have to wait until trade event, and I don't feel like traveling, plus all my neighbors are too expansive or don't want to trade with outsiders.
    Limited and decayed skills would cause more problems then solve.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by prokop15 View Post
    To summarize, since there is no motive to play Xsyon other than for fun, forcing a player into a role is not going to be beneficial. You're telling me I have to fish another 20 hours just so I can trade for the wood I need to build this useless building? No thanks, I just won't build it.

    Few things here that I think you fail to understand.

    1) You dont have to fish to trade for the wood. You can get the wood yourself in the current system and this new system.
    2) The key to this is that people do things they WANT to do, or that they like to do or have fun doing. If you like fishing, and need wood then fish more to get the wood you need. If you dont want to get it yourself. Else you can fish and then get the wood.
    3) Economy is based around demand and supply. Right now there is no demand due to the fact no one needs things. Supply is also very high because everyone can get anything. The change to this system is that few people will be able to get the best things of any type, while the demand for them will increase because the bonuses are greater and being fixed.


    You talk about me and my accounts yet it will not matter what system you choose extra accounts will always be a bonus. Besides, I wouldnt need extra accounts to do this new system as I have a whole tribe able to do whatever is wanted. Which I believe is the point of the new system. Allowing people to feel they are wanted or needed. Current system is I dont need more than 1 account for crafting as I have 100 in everything.

    Can you explain to me how in the current system you could specialize and trade?

    You also talk about players able to do something but not master it they will. I disagree. It depends on the bonus skill has on the effect. If you have 5 skill and someone else has 100 skill making a weapon, and that weapon does 5x more damage than your 5skill weapon does. People will trade for the 100 skill weapon, assuming there is a need for higher damage weapons.

    Why did you not just have players select the tradeskills they wish to use and bar them from the rest? If you wish to take on a new tradeskill, you must delete the old one. You're wasting so much time coding this convoluted system to accomplish something very simple.
    This has to be one of the worst ideas I've ever seen. Remaking a toon just because you want to craft something else? Crazy. The code didnt take him long to change to a +/-/lock system. Its working great.

    Can you please explain some of the errors? I didnt see you post any just that they wouldnt see them. Yet I didnt see any listed.
    MrDDT



    "Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win."
    -Sun-tzu


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •