Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    My opinion:

Nice work on the locks!

Might put the limit at 2 or 3, i think 4 is to much.

E:
    And please decrease agility buff
    Everyone wants to be faster in a game that has miles of footage and just run out of situations, so from what i saw i think the STR/FORT/AGIL stats for combat goes into AGIL for most,

Balance comes with specialization.

But im not with you guys anyway..
    I like the game in both versions whatever it will be

Ill stick with the most people and thats likely specializations what they want. So if thats needed for more players, im fine.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    3) Economy is based around demand and supply. Right now there is no demand due to the fact no one needs things.
    Who are you going to trade with? animals?
    You fail to understand there is no trade if there is no people to trade with.
    How many people do play Xsyon? and how many did? You've got to question your self why people don't play? or not any more?
    If you have hundreds of people playing and new players coming in constantly? you will never run out of trade even with the system we have.
    First you have to interest people to play without forcing them to do one or the other thing and not boring them to death.
    Then you need global trade and delivery system.

You have so many accounts and all of those characters can do same thing, so you decided to redistribute skills so they would fit your play style and don't care about other people who can't buy more accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by prokop15 View Post
    I said delete that skill, not remake that toon.

If the system doesn't keep proper record of your actions, how are you going to know? Are you going to watch each of your skills ensure that the least used one is being preferentially decayed?

How do you know if the decay rate is working as intended, or if the system bugs out and starts decaying at 5x normal speed.

You mentioned earlier in your post that bonuses would be fixed. The only reason you know they're broken is because you've been playing this game religiously since launch -- a lot of people playing Xsyon don't even know that these bonuses are broken. You know what? Because the details of the system aren't revealed to the player.

The system is being tested at 25x speed -- there's a damn good chance that it's not going to behave the same at 1x.
    I cut off the other 1/2 of the post because its not really the topic for it.

How would you know if the least used is being decayed? Easy you test it. You do 100 actions of skill A, you do 200 actions of skill B, you do 300 actions of skill C, etc. See which one drops.

Its easy to see if its decaying at 5x or not, its a 1 to 1 loss. So if you lose 5 to 1. You simply report the issue.

Not sure about you but its very easy to see some of the bonuses that are broken. Just look at bonus like +Damage. When it adds NO damage. I agree some are harder to see than others, and I would like to see a little more info about them. But they have made great changes to the stats info window to help this, things like adding .1 changes instead of just full points, also having 2 stat lists, one for baseline and one for buffed.
    Any game is going to have systems that some players dont understand, even WOW has this.

The current rate on the test server is 50x btw. I'm sure they wont behave the same its used for testing. The more they can test the better chance it wont be messed up.

So far I havent seen to many problems with them on test. I did list them. I love the new changes.

Have you tested the changes on test yet? I didnt see any info you reporting with bugs or them not working correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    You have so many accounts and all of those characters can do same thing, so you decided to redistribute skills so they would fit your play style and don't care about other people who can't buy more accounts.

100% my plan. I love losing 1000s of hours on a toon just because I have a few accounts not being used fully. You got me. So instead of having DDT with 100 in every skill he is now going to have over 1000 points decay away, just so I can retrain them on other accounts. That was 100% my plan, cant get anything past you.

Quote Originally Posted by prokop15 View Post
    Lol, thats fine that you don't want to respond to it, but it most certainly is the topic for it.

Yeah no way bugs could affect that process... wow. That system is also ridiculous -- a wainright might do 5 crafts a week combining carts, and be very productive, while someone grinding toolcrafting can expect to do 1000s of actions in a week.

The point I'm making is that you will ALWAYS need to be watching your skills, because there is a damn good chance that a bug in this system will be missed during testing, like most of the code in Xsyon. In order for people to do that in this new system, they need to keep a spreadsheet of all the actions they've performed in the past week -- ridiculous.

Those all sound like good changes to give transparency to the game. So to follow that example, there should be a window that shows you the action record for decay, and which one is going to be preferentially decaying.

If it's not going to behave the same, then the testing in this different behavior is largely useless.

Lol yeah? They make you feel wanted?

Dude I entered this thread by saying that I tried to log in to test these changes, but you require an active sub to go on the test server. So you guys go test these changes with like 10 people; find out if lag issues and desync are fixed -- lol.

Good point about wainwright, which has already been brought up as it should be moved out of the crafting pool, and into "trade" or "construction".
    If you dont want to keep track then dont. I dont expect everyone to do it. Just like most MMO's they have bugs and not everyone reports them or tracks them, or worries about them.

About the decay thing, I dont really think its needed. As if you lose .1 in a skill simply just go work on it for a little bit. Its not very hard.

Just because its not 100% the same its 99% the same doesnt mean you cant test the other 99%. No matter what you do, the test server will not be 100% like live server. So your point is either not to test at all, or test with a server that's not 100% the same.
    Which do you think is better?

The active sub thing is because it uses a database that's a few days old from the live server. Which sounds like you just reupped your sub, after canceling it.
    About the testing with 10 people, pretty sure we were saying it seems like its working better than live. When we did it before on test with 10 people it would have lag and desync. Which is in the other thread.

I think the system is good, and gives players more of a control while still having skill caps and pools.

On the number of skill locks per group, I think it is fine at 4. Remember there will be more skills added. Right now it may seem that it is too "easy" to learn a lot of skills, but it will balance out in the future without having to rock the boat by changing the number of locks later.

Quote Originally Posted by Drevar View Post
    On the number of skill locks per group, I think it is fine at 4. Remember there will be more skills added. Right now it may seem that it is too "easy" to learn a lot of skills, but it will balance out in the future without having to rock the boat by changing the number of locks later.

4 = 5 just FYI. Meaning you can have 5 skills at 100 with 4 locks.

This means you can have 50% of the crafting skills at 100. Plus if you drop the 2 that dont even matter (firebuilding/masonry) you are only down to 65% of all the crafting skills at 100 skill. (5 of the 8). Dont you think that's a bit much?

At the very least it should be 3 locks which would be up to 4 skills. I still think 2 locks with total of 3 skills per pool at 100 is better.

Xsyon Citizen
    4 = 5 just FYI. Meaning you can have 5 skills at 100 with 4 locks.

This means you can have 50% of the crafting skills at 100. Plus if you drop the 2 that dont even matter (firebuilding/masonry) you are only down to 65% of all the crafting skills at 100 skill. (5 of the 8). Dont you think that's a bit much?

At the very least it should be 3 locks which would be up to 4 skills. I still think 2 locks with total of 3 skills per pool at 100 is better.
    What about resource and action skills?
    Just to make a hammer, you need toolcraft, resource, forestry, logging, woodcraft, scavenging, foraging, basketry, weaponcraft, tailoring, leathercraf, hunting, armed, one of the weapons skill, not to mention need to eat, fishing, cooking, and more "In case I missed some".
    Do you think I or anyone else, will be mastering this skill?
    People will find middle ground and will not trade at all, maybe just schemes and low level carts, leaving you at what we have only no one will master anything.
    Who would want to trade low level mats if they need master quality to make master quality item.
    You will only succeed on eliminating master craft and add more grind to Xsyon that is all.

What about resource and action skills?
    Just to make a hammer, you need toolcraft, resource, forestry, logging, woodcraft, scavenging, foraging, basketry, weaponcraft, tailoring, leathercraf, hunting, armed, one of the weapons skill, not to mention need to eat, fishing, cooking, and more "In case I missed some".
    Do you think I or anyone else, will be mastering this skill?
    People will find middle ground and will not trade at all, maybe just schemes and low level carts, leaving you at what we have only no one will master anything.
    Who would want to trade low level mats if they need master quality to make master quality item.
    You will only succeed on eliminating master craft and add more grind to Xsyon that is all.

To make a hammer you only need to train no skills. Its under toolcrafting and you can make it at 5 skill (the base starting skill level), and you can gather all the mats at 5 skill.

If you wanted to make a master hammer at the best skill, why should you make 12 other skills at master? Which is the point of limiting pools to a max # of skill you can have.
    Having 3 skills at 100 per pool is still over 12 skills at 100. I think that's more than enough skills per toon to have at max level.

Where the problem comes in is where someone wants to NOT have 100 in a skill, so they lock it at 70, which is effectively gimping themselves. Because you only get 3 locks so why not just have it keep going past 70 there is no reason not too.

I understand that people want to play solo, but solo players understand or will have to understand they will NOT be a master in every skill in the game.

Xsyon Citizen
    If you wanted to make a master hammer at the best skill, why should you make 12 other skills at master?
    To make master hammer you need master mats.
    Do your calculations.
    All those skills needed to make all tools master.
    Do you think people will specialize in just one skill?
    What about tools and mats they need to make their items at master? Who is going to provide them?

To make master hammer you need master mats.
    Do your calculations.
    All those skills needed to make all tools master.
    Do you think people will specialize in just one skill?
    What about tools and mats they need to make their items at master? Who is going to provide them?

I'm sure all those skills are not needed to make master tools. Even if you wanted to gather ALL the resources yourself.

Do I think people will specialize in just one skill? No I think they will specialize in 3 skills per pool if that is the limit.

Who is going to provide items to make stuff at master? (I dont know why you are using master because master is very easy to make)
    You trade. If you are say a toolcrafter, then you will trade with someone who needs good tools for whatever they have that you need, and they are good at. Say you are a toolcrafter and need weapons. Well a weaponcrafter needs tools, so you guys make a trade. You make him the best tools, he makes you the best weapons. TRADE. Presto.