Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by prokop15 View Post
    Why would a toolcrafter need weapons?
    Maybe toolcrafting isnt the only thing they like to do.
    It was 1 example. You can use woodcrafter, or even leatherworker. Example still holds.

You make good tools, I make good wood. You want the wood, I want the tools.
    You make good tools, I make good leather armor. You want the leather armor I want the tools.

See how the trade works?

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    Maybe toolcrafting isnt the only thing they like to do.
    It was 1 example. You can use woodcrafter, or even leatherworker. Example still holds.

1: You make good tools, I make good wood. You want the wood, I want the tools.
    You make good tools, I make good leather armor. You want the leather armor I want the tools.

2: See how the trade works?
    1: For example: Wood working needs, logging, woodcraft, an ax, a planner, a saw, a crafting knife, food and water, place to work under the roof, all needs to be master quality, just to make master quality tools, the question is, where do you get master quality mats in the first place to make first master quality tools? to make master quality weapons, in this case an ax, trade with devs maybe?

2: I have no clue sir, no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    1: For example: Wood working needs, logging, woodcraft, an ax, a planner, a saw, a crafting knife, food and water, place to work under the roof, all needs to be master quality, just to make master quality tools, the question is, where do you get master quality mats in the first place to make first master quality tools? to make master quality weapons, in this case an ax, trade with devs maybe?

2: I have no clue sir, no sense.

Have you been playing this game?

Wood working doesnt need all that for master quality. Woodworking needs tools master quality, logging skill, and forestry skill. Woodworking and toolcrafting are crafts, forestery and logging are resource gathering skills. 2 different pools. Which means 1 person can easy do this. Does a logger use an axe? Yep, however, it doesnt effect the wood. (Yet at least).

Where do you get these things to make the master quality tools? You work your way up, or trade for them. I'm not sure how this has anything to do with what we are talking about skill pool caps.

I agree you have no clue.

Xsyon Citizen
    Does a logger use an axe? Yep, however, it doesnt effect the wood. (Yet at least).
    Then why you get high quality log and then next one is moderate quality once an ax gets worn? Maybe you did not noticed that? or maybe it is a bug? and an ax I'm using have moderate/high quality, maybe that's why?

Then why you get high quality log and then next one is moderate quality once an ax gets worn? Maybe you did not noticed that? or maybe it is a bug? and an ax I'm using have moderate/high quality, maybe that's why?

You should do more testing, try on the test server you can see it. It works like most things in game, when you gather you get random resource QL based on your skill.
    Pick up rocks, even at 100 skill you can get very high or master QL. Its not set every time and there is no axe or tool used.

Terraforming uses a tool and you get supreme every time. Its not working right.
    Foraging uses NO tools and you get supreme every time. Its not working right.

Scavenging, logging, resources, forestry, gathering grass (which uses foraging), skinning. All work like this. You get random QL based on your skill.
    I have 100 logging, I can use a supreme axe (100) QL and get lower QL than using a poor QL axe. Explain that using your thoughts that QL matter.

Just got off test and noticed immediately that you get a "You can't lock more than 2 skills in this group now". Two locked or plus for each group across the board. PERFECT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shill View Post
    Just got off test and noticed immediately that you get a "You can't lock more than 2 skills in this group now". Two locked or plus for each group across the board. PERFECT!!!!!
    I think also ist so ok

Xsyon Citizen
    Skills
    Just tell me, how are you going to loose your skills which are all at 100? Only you will have all skills at 100 because you already reached them all at 100, and there is no way of removing skill points, you can easily keep them at 100 all the time.
    And new players won't be able to ever reach at where you are, leaving you the only one person with all skills at 100.

Just tell me, how are you going to loose your skills which are all at 100? Only you will have all skills at 100 because you already reached them all at 100, and there is no way of removing skill points, you can easily keep them at 100 all the time.
    And new players won't be able to ever reach at where you are, leaving you the only one person with all skills at 100.
    New skills are added and changed around.

Plus I dont have every skill at 100. I'm missing some like firebuilding.

Xsyon Citizen
    New skills are added and changed around.

Plus I dont have every skill at 100. I'm missing some like firebuilding.
    I think maximum overall points should be available for everyone so when they implement this new system you should be choosing which skills are you going to keep and which are you going to let go, that will be fair.
    And I am very sure you've got your firebuilding and those other skills you can't grind-on covered, by spending XP points.