I am looking forward to getting home...

and playing Xsyon for the first time.

Whats every ones initial thoughts so far ?

Re:I am looking forward to getting home...

Needs a lot of work, and a bucket of polish - but it has a good start.

We just need the server stability to get out of the way so we can actually see how fast/slow turning on the rest of the features will be.

Currently, we have no clue how long it's going to take them to turn them on and get them working right because we've only seen the same 3 things in-game since people started being let in.

Granted, this has been semi-out-of-their-control with someone who was sending unwanted traffic to the server, then unpredicted launcher problems - but these are the kinds of "random" things I'm worried about happening once features start getting flipped on.

These forums are full of all sorts of initial thoughts.

But a bit of advice: temper your excitement to reduce the chance of disappointment. Too many people jump in without reading the forums and are caught off guard when they realize there's not too much game to play at the moment.

nvrsbr wrote:

Your not married. :P

Ohhhh about the game well then nothing bc Im waiting alittle longer before preordering.

How long ago did you preorder? I preordered about a week ago.

rbodenmann wrote:
    How long ago did you preorder? I preordered about a week ago.
    Herr bodenmann, don't be afraid, nearly all preoderers are getting in these weeks. Some people waited for 3 months, but you will barely wait another 2 weeks, I guess...

Ya the post he made last weekend stated more or less that within the next two weeks he wanted to let most if not all the preorders in and clean up stability for good in the next twoish weeks. I got my email but now I'm having password problems.

I'm enjoying messing around with crafting. I haven't been playing for hours on end, just enough to get a feel for the game and check out the (limited) content that's there. So far, I've already seen some improvements in the two day's I've been logging in. Got killed a few times, killed someone else a few times. Made some grass armor.

All in all, it's still a while until release, so as a previous poster advised, I'm not jumping headlong into this. I am, however, optimistic that it'll turn out to be a good game in the long run.

Largion wrote:
    nvrsbr wrote:

Your not married. :P

Ohhhh about the game well then nothing bc Im waiting alittle longer before preordering.
    Married and 2 kids...

So yeah once I am home its a few hours before I actually get to play anything hehe