Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Questions of Week 04/23 through 04/29

Please post your Questions to the Developers Below...

Thank you.

Is there a possibility of changing roofs to provide comfort to all tiles below them? At least until the new architecture/multi-level system is in? Sure, there's a work around and we can create amazing looking structures, but it's kinda silly to have a sprawling four story complex/fort/home where it rains and snows in every room except the top floor. Thanks!

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Shill View Post
    Is there a possibility of changing roofs to provide comfort to all tiles below them? At least until the new architecture/multi-level system is in? Sure, there's a work around and we can create amazing looking structures, but it's kinda silly to have a sprawling four story complex/fort/home where it rains and snows in every room except the top floor. Thanks!
    This was answered 03-18-2012

Crokus Asks:

Questions on roof structures this week….
    Quote Originally Posted by Crokus
    I’ve noticed the shelter bonus icons on the in UI when standing under a roof item that is placed on the ground, but I built my roof an additional 3 meters higher (cathedral ceilings are nice) and I do not receive the icon on my UI. Is this working as intended? Due to the increasing number of multi-level houses people are building, will the dev team consider changing this to give the bonus for all elevations below the roof structures?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon
    It's working as intended. The roof structure only encloses the area between the base of the posts and the roof itself, not anything under the roof.
    You have stated in a prior QotW post that only the roof structures (at first) will protect the bins underneath it after bin decay is patched in the game, but will the bins be protected if they are below the base of the roof structure as in the scenario above?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsyon
    Bins will have to be within the roof structure's volume.

Quote Originally Posted by tomduril View Post
    This was answered 03-18-2012

Crokus Asks:

Questions on roof structures this week….
    Ah...working as intended...well...that's broken. It's frustrating spending hours and hours terraforming to create things that don't work the way they're currently implemented because some day in the future a new way will be... Maybe I'll just wait for the new system...

Are we going to get an updated manual with what crafting skills are effected by what stats before the update?