Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There really isnt a point, unless you give it one. But thats the same in any sandbox game. If you are expecting a pat on the back, or a cookie for every grass basket you make or a big stone copy of the Notra Dame Cathedral then you perhaps are playing the wrong game. But if you want to do it because you feel like it, by all means this may be it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    There really isnt a point, unless you give it one. But thats the same in any sandbox game. If you are expecting a pat on the back, or a cookie for every grass basket you make or a big stone copy of the Notra Dame Cathedral then you perhaps are playing the wrong game. But if you want to do it because you feel like it, by all means this may be it for you.

With that logic, you can say baskets shouldnt have any use at all. Just because you can make them should be good enough. Forget about the storage you get out of it, you should be happy just because you can make the basket itself not because you need it for something (like storage).

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I want a reason to wear armor, why worry about getting 100 bonecrafting when I dont need armor for anything? I can solo any animal in the game naked.
    I want a reason to make better weapons, why worry about 100 weaponcrafting when I have a preorder thats as good or better than other weapons?
    I want a reason to fight over resources and areas of the map.
    I want animals that are more than 10 per zone so when you go out hunting the world feels alive.
    I want a reason to buy something from someone else. Without this economy and most of the skills in the game are pointless.
    I want a reason to build walls in my tribal area. You can build and build in this game wondrous cities yet they serve no purpose.
    I want a reason to build a house or a campfire.
    I want to see bonuses on items and weapons that matter. When someone with 40 skill can make the best weapons in the game there is a serious issue.
    I want a reason to have other people in the tribe other than myself. Why would I need someone else in the tribe when I can do everything?
    I want a reason to travel around the map for resources or rare items.
    I want a reason for contested areas for someone to control.
    I want a reason not to be on someone's land and be afraid while in enemy lands.
    I want a reason to be afraid while running around the world.
    I want a reason to goto another crafter and that crafter say "Hey do you have this? I heard you are good at it and I need that to make this"
    THIS is what I was looking for!

For those that do not seem to grasp the reasons for what DDT is saying...

Every single reason listed would emphasize a player interaction. Player interaction should be a cornerstone of an MMORPG. Having the ability to do EVERYTHING in game by yourself defeats the whole purpose of interacting with anyone else in the game, besides the sake of interacting itself.

This has always been the problem with Xsyon. It is one hell of a single player game but could be an even better multiplayer game.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    With that logic, you can say baskets shouldnt have any use at all. Just because you can make them should be good enough. Forget about the storage you get out of it, you should be happy just because you can make the basket itself not because you need it for something (like storage).
    You understand what I mean so dont read to much into it. Its not about the basket being reward enough, but this is a sandbox game if you need someone to hold your hand through every step of the game and reward you for figuring out how to make a basket then perhaps this IS NOT the game for you.

If you want missions or quests for making a basket, or a big to do over killing a hamster, then perhaps you should not be playing a SANDBOX game.

This is what I am saying.

Otherwise I agree with your original statement.

There needs to be more to force interaction, and conflict then just because I feel like it. We need a reason to fight over resources or trade for them. We need a reason to actually wear armour other than not get hurt by a mutant racoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodo View Post
    You understand what I mean so dont read to much into it. Its not about the basket being reward enough, but this is a sandbox game if you need someone to hold your hand through every step of the game and reward you for figuring out how to make a basket then perhaps this IS NOT the game for you.

If you want missions or quests for making a basket, or a big to do over killing a hamster, then perhaps you should not be playing a SANDBOX game.

This is what I am saying.

Otherwise I agree with your original statement.

There needs to be more to force interaction, and conflict then just because I feel like it. We need a reason to fight over resources or trade for them. We need a reason to actually wear armour other than not get hurt by a mutant racoon.

I agree, I dont think we need hand holding, or quests to tell us what to do. But we need reasons to want to do things. Like stat bonuses, or threat of death, or threat of loss of stats or items.

Most games have it so you need a good teamwork, or high skills or weapons to fight harder animals. Here you dont need any of those. So even when you do kill a harder animal with or without items, the reward is "Why?"

Considering, Ive not had my hand held this whole time and look what my tribe and I have done. We have built a wonderful city (for no reason other than looks) we have won events, done pvp, set up events, done contests etc. But its to the point of why worry about skills and stats, armor, and weapons, tools etc. They are not needed higher QL's or skills. You can do it all with low skills low QL. You can also do it all solo, without risk or fear.

Quote Originally Posted by prokop15 View Post
    Force interaction? Doing things for reasons other than "I feel like it"? Oh, sure sounds like hand-holding to me. What do you want a big animated Dora the Explorer to cheer you on as you scavenge resources out in the wild?

Who are you?

Anyway, You misunderstand, DDT gets it.

I don't want a cookie just for logging in or using my imagination to validate logging in.

I want a risk/reward for every effort I attempt. Notice I put risk first.

I want to have a risk for trying to obtain something, as well as risk losing something that I am fighting over. I also want the reward for winning it...not EVERYONE having the exact same reward for not even doing anything.

What constitutes the value of a challenge that has no risk involved?

I heard there is free cookies in this thread, chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin?

All jokes aside, right now can feel a little bit like limbo as we wait for patch, but after skill patch comes and totem decay I think it will help freshen up things at least for a while, and revenants and the feature of them looting players if it works as planned will bring some interesting new excitement and welcomed challenge to the game.