Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: WhassUP, now?

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    Do you even think what you write? seams that you are a kid so far and you just proved your pvp needs.
    Forced pvp, death penalty, limited skill achievements, full loot, can't leave baskets outside safe zones, I can go on and on and on.
    Do you even think what YOU write!

Death penalty? All MMO's except crafting games have death penalties of some type or another. Limited Skills? Almost all MMO's limit the amount of skills any one player can achieve to create an supply and demand economy.

Can''t leave baskets? Really?? You can't leave ANYTHING in all mmo's I have played except Irth (another sandbox) and people could take anything left out in the open.

As far as people leaving? At release there were thousands of players who left with in a couple months. Not because of PVP but because of performance issues and lack of content. No cooking, no taming, no range weapons etc. All of those people understood they were signing up for a PVP oriented game and DID NOT leave because they got into game and discovered it was PVP. I don't agree with DDT on many issues, but on this one he is correct and once again all you are doing is trying to prove an invalid point.

So again, I see that things have not changed all that much.

Glad that a few more new folks are playing, and that there is still progress being made regardless of it fitting my personal likes or not.

Totem decay needs to happen.

I am not sure I can play the game with my current video card, so may not be able to try.

I did swap video cards to get logged in for a bit and saw that the area we have is mostly abandoned by everyone, and way too many revs roaming.

crafting is still as tedious and gathering resources solo is not fun when you get jumped by 4 revs from a single man totem before you can even reach the junk piles. if we had a healthy population it may have been fun, but as of now it makes the game too tedious and frustrating to enjoy.

That too needs to change.

All the comments about who is to blame, who did or did not support whatever idea is all moot as nobody has suggested anything that brought the players back nor have the devs moved in a direction that encouraged previous players to return.

Looks like I will need to continue to watch from the side until this becomes something to enjoy.

Xsyon Citizen
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    Do you even think what YOU write!

Death penalty? All MMO's except crafting games have death penalties of some type or another. Limited Skills? Almost all MMO's limit the amount of skills any one player can achieve to create an supply and demand economy.

Can''t leave baskets? Really?? You can't leave ANYTHING in all mmo's I have played except Irth (another sandbox) and people could take anything left out in the open.

As far as people leaving? At release there were thousands of players who left with in a couple months. Not because of PVP but because of performance issues and lack of content. No cooking, no taming, no range weapons etc. All of those people understood they were signing up for a PVP oriented game and DID NOT leave because they got into game and discovered it was PVP. I don't agree with DDT on many issues, but on this one he is correct and once again all you are doing is trying to prove an invalid point.
    Not all MMOs have death penalties, and if other have? those are only temporary and only affect attributes, which are restored back to normal with countdown timer.
    Can't leave anything? is because those are not sandbox games, instead you have all stored in vaults, and all your progress is saved.
    They implemented many of those things, why people aren't coming back?
    If my point is invalid, then why Xsyon is loosing population even more?
    Totem removal was ddts idea, he tolled to notify people about it trough email and people are going to come back, Why people did not came back?
    Death penalty was ddts idea, did not brought people back in game either.
    Making tedious skill grind was ddts idea, and also failed to bring people back.
    Should I name other ddts ideas? like revenants, accessible baskets, etc, etc.

Starting to reach a little there......getting old as well.

Not all MMOs have death penalties, and if other have? those are only temporary and only affect attributes, which are restored back to normal with countdown timer.
    Can't leave anything? is because those are not sandbox games, instead you have all stored in vaults, and all your progress is saved.
    They implemented many of those things, why people aren't coming back?
    If my point is invalid, then why Xsyon is loosing population even more?
    Totem removal was ddts idea, he tolled to notify people about it trough email and people are going to come back, Why people did not came back?
    Death penalty was ddts idea, did not brought people back in game either.
    Making tedious skill grind was ddts idea, and also failed to bring people back.
    Should I name other ddts ideas? like revenants, accessible baskets, etc, etc.

I can name 100s of MMO's that have exp loss on death. This loss isnt gained back after a timer.
    I also can name a lot that drop full loot.
    I can name a lot that damage gear on death, that will not come back after a timer.
    I can name many that have a $ cost on death.

You can store your items in a vault and all your progress is saved when you do anything.

Many of those things implemented have bugs, and are still not the content, dont forget its a package deal. Try making a cake and you dont have oil, eggs, sugar, water, or flour. Then try making a cake and add oil, and flour but no water, sugar, or eggs. The cake will still be crappy.

Xsyon isnt losing more population, if you read correctly they have more people now than last month. (I would say mostly due to totem decay and Revs). However, again see the cake talk.

Totem removal was NOT my idea haha, you should check my idea here. http://www.xsyon.com/forum/project.php?issueid=1230
    Again this is only PART of the fix to bringing the game up to speed on things. Its like adding decay on items. Its not going to cause everyone to come flocking back, its a start of a fix to the problem.

Death Penalty was my idea? First there is no death penalty unless its a player killing you then its a 30s looting issue. Which neither were my idea.

This grinding of skills is NOT my idea. I can link you to my ideas, Ive said over 3 years ago that the grind was NOT fun, too boring and NOT the way to do it. My idea is a lot like Roma Victors. You use devices that you dont have to attend, you build more devices if you want to craft more. Devices take a long time to build, take lots of resources to build. Its not the # of actions its more of a time thing. Freeing up people to play, not "grind".

Rev's were not my idea either. Please list ANY of idea of mine. I will tell you one of my ideas. Carts, that was an idea I've pushed for and I think has had a great impact on the game. I also think they should be better off.
    Skill pools was sorta my idea but Xsyon himself is the one that first talked about it years ago. I just pushed for it so everyone isnt everything at master level. Again I think it's helped people focus on crafting.

These things are small parts to a whole. You cant make a cake with just 1 or 2 items, you need many things.

Xsyon Citizen
    @ MrDDT.
    I am a patient man I can wait and see about that cake of yours.
    I bet this game is going to die if they keep on the same tracks, or make a complete turn around and save the day, just like you said about that cake, if Xsyon is going to develop around those few that are left trying to please them? it's going to die-out, they need to bring in to focus a much bigger picture and evolve around all kind of play-styles.

I bet this game is going to die if they keep on the same tracks
    You saying "Xsyon is dying" doesn't make it so. The numbers say you are wrong. As of now Raven Moon has been recruiting more players than we have in the past 15 months. And I am seeing more new names in chat all the time.

There is tons of content still waiting to be released before the game is truly complete and as more of that content comes in more people will play. It is still in line with Jordis original vision and I doubt he will be changing his vision to suit only you.

Games with NPC's and questing systems are designed to be PVE even if they add PVP elements. Sanbox games like Xsyon are designed with the intent that players make the game. Therefore it is the "players against players" that give the game meaning and gives players a purpose. If you take that away what have you got?

Your vision! A crafting game with no purpose and baskets scattered all over the world.
    A tale in the desert.

@ MrDDT.
    I am a patient man I can wait and see about that cake of yours.
    I bet this game is going to die if they keep on the same tracks, or make a complete turn around and save the day, just like you said about that cake, if Xsyon is going to develop around those few that are left trying to please them? it's going to die-out, they need to bring in to focus a much bigger picture and evolve around all kind of play-styles.

First of the few people left playing (yes I say few, even if its more than the last 3 or so months, having 20 to 100 people in an MMO is still few to me) are mostly NON combat. Very few of them are focused on PVP or even combat at all.

Xsyon has 1 thing working in it right now (sure some minor bugs) that is building.
    AI is still boring and messed up, there is no real challenge or reward for players. Mutants have been removed for who knows what reason. PVP has no objective and isnt rewarding at all. Tribes have nothing to do on a large scale (outside of building).

For Xsyon (in my opinion of course) to turn around, it needs to do something more than building SIM.
    Here are a few things I think it should work towards.

I) Economy based world, where rare items are traded, crafting is worthwhile, it advances (much like A tale in the desert)
    II) PVP needs to have a focus, contested areas, death punishments, and rewards for a victor.
    III) PVE needs to be more tier based. Meaning you start off near the lake with very easy non aggressive monsters that offer little reward, and work your way out to the mist where there are strong holds and fortress of zombies, vampires, huge mutant animals etc that yield great rewards that takes groups of well geared players to kill.

Few minor things needing worked on.

I) Travel times, Energy regen, Respawn times, Healing regen. Basic time wasted doing nothing (not playing but watching a bar or bored)
    II) Comfort and a reason to wear clothing and build housing. Rested states, buffs etc.
    III) Better way to trade, current trading system (totems and right click/trade) is not useful, hard to use, buggy and not working in other ways. Good idea with the totem but it needs a HUGE overhaul on the GUI for it and how easy it is to use. It should drag and drop items and easy to put what you want for trade or not. Other tribes should see it in the game from their totems (or any totem) and see where to get it at, then got that totem and "buy" it.
    IV) Items weigh way to much, its causing major issues with basic play.
    V) Resources are way to easy to get top end resources. Most resources should be junk/poor/low/mod QL with very very little being VHQ/Master/Supreme. Right now I can gather resources and I ALWAYS get 90+ QL. Its inflating the market for these high end resources.
    VI) I would stop adding "NEW" content and fix what we have then move on. Too many bugs and balancing issues are just getting left behind.

Xsyon Citizen
    @ MrDDT.
    It is a good start.
    On the loot part, instead of looting player items, I'd rather see system with random rare loot, which will encourage more people to pvp for those things, which will be available through pvp only, without a fear of loosing their own gear, and pve should have own loot tables, so at the end of the day, everyone wins and feel happy.

@ MrDDT.
    It is a good start.
    On the loot part, instead of looting player items, I'd rather see system with random rare loot, which will encourage more people to pvp for those things, which will be available through pvp only, without a fear of loosing their own gear, and pve should have own loot tables, so at the end of the day, everyone wins and feel happy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD6j_7bgrtA

And well you can figure the rest out.