Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Gotta chime in here. Just got the game this morning.
    So far I've been randoomly attacked by:

- 4 Coyotes....sure, OK. aggro mob. whatever. But IMO coyotes should not be attacking a human without a pack or at least one other packmate, unless starving.

- A pair of what looked like chipmunks. Seriously??

- A moment ago, while resting with my back to a wall and the shore just a couple of feet in front of me.....a HORSE randomly ran up and started woopin' my poor arse. REALLY?!!?!!?

Now, I understand that this game is a WIP. I am fine with that, and I'm not a whiner. But this kind of stuff will make a lot of new people quit. Especially after they respawn at Founder's Island, run almost all the way back to where they wanted to be, and get mauled by a small rodent

I agree, when I joined several months ago I too thought as soon as you came into the world I was constantly owned by small rodents. I was told that I had to learn how to fight and so on, but it was nearly a rage quitting moment as the mobs were stupidly OTT. They still are for noobs and now they now fight back in water. Unless you can find a small brown rock somewhere I can see this all being very frustrating for new players. They just can't seem to get the balance right for noobs and veterans alike and should be taken more seriously by the devs. I did pose this as a question to the devs a while back and they promised that this would be balanced out properly. The fact is that no one expects noobs to tackle bears and deer, but rats and squirrels should be there for the purposes of noob grinding and to give encouragement.

IMO, rabbits, squirrels, and small animals should never attack humans. And you shouldn't be expected to be able to run one down with a knife, either. I think the better solution for being able to collect small animal resources for n00bs might be a trapping skill. Snares and the like, which would be ineffective against larger animals and other players, but could be a handy source of resources for new players.

I also think that bows for hunting larger animals would help flesh out this system. I know that they were planned to be implemented eventually, but I kind of think that they really should be brought into the game sooner rather than later. I mean...who really walks up to a bear and challenges it to a melee fight??

Anyway, I love this game, and even if I get frustrated with the state of it, I will continue to support it so that it stays around and has a chance to grow into what it could be.